Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
kingsfan3344
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Attention Fast and Slow WiFi Users - WiFi Speed Troubleshooting

Please Login to Remove!

There are two groups of people with regards to WiFi speed. Those that have it fast compared to EDGE and those that have WiFi go fast compared to EDGE. I am in the "slow" group. I am hoping for everyone to post your settings/stats, etc. so we can find some common denominator as to why WiFi isn't up to par for many of us. Can you answer each of these questions and add anything that you think may be important:

1) BIS or BES
2) Carrier - Tmobile or AT&T unlocked?
3) Home Wireless Router brand and model number
4) How many bars of WiFi signal strength do you have?
5) What browser are you using (I think the choices are WiFi browser, Internet Browser, Tzones, (and BES browser if it applies). (When mobile network is off i think you have to use wifi browser)
6) Browser Settings
7) While using the WiFi, disable the mobile network and Go to Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com (so we are all using the same site for testing purposes) What is the amount of time in seconds it takes to display entire site (after all loading is complete) (make sure you clear cache first)
8) anything else????

Last edited by kingsfan3344; 09-24-2007 at 07:59 PM..
Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
kingsfan3344
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan3344 View Post
There are two groups of people with regards to WiFi speed. Those that have it fast compared to EDGE and those that have WiFi go fast compared to EDGE. I am in the "slow" group. I am hoping for everyone to post your settings/stats, etc. so we can find some common denominator as to why WiFi isn't up to par for many of us. Can you answer each of these questions and add anything that you think may be important:

1) BIS or BES
2) Carrier - Tmobile or AT&T unlocked?
3) Home Wireless Router brand and model number
4) How many bars of WiFi signal strength do you have?
5) What browser are you using (I think the choices are WiFi browser, Internet Browser, Tzones, (and BES browser if it applies).
6) Browser Settings
7) While using the WiFi, disable the mobile network and Go to Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com (so we are all using the same site for testing purposes) What is the amount of time in seconds it takes to display entire site (after all loading is complete) (make sure you clear cache first)
8) anything else????
1) I have tried on both BES and BIS devices
2) Tmobile 8320 on the Tmobile network
3) BEFW11S4 which is an 802.11b network
4) 3 bars at 5 feet away
5) Internet Browser speed is about the same (maybe a couple seconds slower than EDGE) WiFi browser is much slower that EDGE
6) only boxes checked are: (prompt to enable Javascript, use foreground and background images, use background images)... "On WML & HTML oages"...Emulation: bb... content: WML & HTML...
7) 38 seconds
Closed Thread