BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Do you have a screen protector on your BlackBerry?
Yes, and it rules 78 50.00%
Yes, but you know, whatever. 21 13.46%
No, but I'm going to hook one up 21 13.46%
No, and no. 32 20.51%
Just call me scratchy 4 2.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 01:24 AM   #21
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Howdie everyone, we just became a platinum sponsor (I think Tom will be upgrading our status by Thursday). Just wanted to let everyone know we're here to help and mean it, so if you're having any fitment problems contact me. I'll see about getting you a replacement or an accomodation of sometime. We've won tons of industry awards for our BlackBerry Antiglare screen protector and BlackBerry Crystal screen protector, and we want to make a pleasant splash here.

Here you can check out all our BlackBerry Accessories

Best wishes,

Wing Lum
BoxWave

Last edited by BoxWave; 12-20-2006 at 02:53 PM..
Old 12-14-2006, 01:29 AM   #22
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

You can contact me at webrep [AT] boxwave.com. We'll get you guys squared away immediately.

Wing Lum
BoxWave

Last edited by BoxWave; 12-20-2006 at 07:29 PM..
Old 01-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #23
RyanDe680

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxwave
Howdie everyone, we just became a platinum sponsor (I think Tom will be upgrading our status by Thursday). Just wanted to let everyone know we're here to help and mean it, so if you're having any fitment problems contact me.
Best wishes,

Wing Lum
BoxWave
Are you guys offering any discounts on any protectors for forum members currently?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #24
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have used both the Siedo and Screen Patronus protectors and both are excellent. Siedo gets the slight edge in my mind because they use static to secure them to the screen and are a little easier to reposition if you fumble the initial installation (as I have been known to do).
Old 01-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #25
faisal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxwave
Howdie everyone, we just became a platinum sponsor (I think Tom will be upgrading our status by Thursday). Just wanted to let everyone know we're here to help and mean it, so if you're having any fitment problems contact me. I'll see about getting you a replacement or an accomodation of sometime. We've won tons of industry awards for our BlackBerry Antiglare screen protector and BlackBerry Crystal screen protector, and we want to make a pleasant splash here.

Here you can check out all our BlackBerry Accessories

Best wishes,

Wing Lum
BoxWave
which one sells more? Crystal or anti glare?
Old 01-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #26
igloo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile

yup...i use the screenguardz one for my 8100..a little hard to get all the air bubbles out but works very nicely and fits perfectly.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:37 AM   #27
Xyvern

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Does the Boxwave fit just right on the 8100 ?
Old 01-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #28
metsfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just got a screen protector for my Pearl yesterday. Ended up buying Pelican PSP screen protectors: Buy the Pelican Screen Guards (PL-6001) and other PSP Cases & Organizers at circuitcity.com
and cutting them to fit.

I did this because I was very happy with their protectors on my DS Lite, but the DS Lite version came with a special bordered protector for the top screen on the DS, and the PSP ones came with just two regular protectors so I could play around with it more if I messed up.

Very happy with how it's worked out. One of the things I like about the Pelican protectors is they have a little tab on the backing that makes it really easy to pull the backing off without getting dirt or fingerprints on it. Also makes it fairly easy to apply them without air bubbles.

Last edited by metsfan; 01-26-2007 at 06:23 PM..
Old 01-14-2007, 09:26 PM   #29
albiesf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

I use the screen protectors from navprotector and I believe they have them available for most mobile devices or they will customize for you. Here's the link Navprotector - Finest screen protector in the market today. They're great and highly recommended!

"There's a time for compromise...it's called later".
Old 01-15-2007, 07:03 PM   #30
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyvern
Does the Boxwave fit just right on the 8100 ?
Heres a photo of our Screen protector applied to the 8100

This is an Anti-Glare screen protector.

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories

Last edited by BoxWave; 03-07-2007 at 08:14 PM..
Old 01-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #31
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal
which one sells more? Crystal or anti glare?
I think Crystal Screen Protectors sell more.

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories

Last edited by BoxWave; 03-07-2007 at 08:14 PM..
Old 01-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #32
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: at&t

While I have no recent experience with screen protectors, I have used them on my PDA's of the past.

My complaints have always been related to the reduction of the color saturation, the brightness of the backlighting and overall degradation of the image, when covered by an additional layer of pastic.

Currently I applied a coat of Novus Plastic Cleaner / Polish on my BB 7130c and it resulted in an even more brilliant look as well as it's ability to greatly reduce the amount of skin oil and fingerprints that stick to the screen.

However that said, I'm open to any suggestions for a screen protector, as I would like the additional peace of mind they offer.

All feedback is appreciated.

Anyone from Boxwave care to comment?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:34 PM   #33
metsfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

The Pelican game system protectors that I used are absolutely clear, and don't seem to have impacted the color or brightness at all. Of course, they do have to be cut to fit a blackberry.

Last edited by metsfan; 01-26-2007 at 06:24 PM..
Old 01-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #34
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6
While I have no recent experience with screen protectors, I have used them on my PDA's of the past.

My complaints have always been related to the reduction of the color saturation, the brightness of the backlighting and overall degradation of the image, when covered by an additional layer of pastic.

Currently I applied a coat of Novus Plastic Cleaner / Polish on my BB 7130c and it resulted in an even more brilliant look as well as it's ability to greatly reduce the amount of skin oil and fingerprints that stick to the screen.

However that said, I'm open to any suggestions for a screen protector, as I would like the additional peace of mind they offer.

All feedback is appreciated.

Anyone from Boxwave care to comment?
Our ClearTouch Crystal screen protectors are very clear with a glass like appearance . Its difficult to notice it on, once installed. Great thing about our protectors is that you can re use them. So you can take it off and wash it etc. Are screen protectors are pretty popular. You can use the search button and type in "BoxWave screen protectors". I believe therexxx8217;s some discussion about ours. Let me know if you have any questions. heres a link to our screen protectors.

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories

Last edited by BoxWave; 03-07-2007 at 08:05 PM..
Old 01-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #35
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

In my previous post I mentioned the ClearTouch Crystal but forgot to mention the ClearTouch Anti-Glare and the differences between them.

ClearTouch Anti-Glare gives you the greatest amount of clarity for how much it prevents glare on your screen. But if you want absolute clarity our ClearTouch Crystals are the way to go, like I mentioned before it has a glass like appearance which keeps the crisp color saturation and brightness untouched.

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories

Last edited by BoxWave; 03-07-2007 at 08:13 PM..
Old 01-21-2007, 03:48 AM   #36
Liv

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I have had nothing but great experience with boxwave. I had a screen protector for my h2215, my Axim x51, my Treo and then a previous blackberry...I used to get the anti-glare one, I was outside a lot and found it did better for me even if it did lose a itty-bitty bit of the crispness.

Device: Sprint 8330 Curve - Crimson
My heart belongs to Seattle18 (Who I met on the Forums, ironic.)
Old 01-23-2007, 11:37 AM   #37
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv
I have had nothing but great experience with boxwave. I had a screen protector for my h2215, my Axim x51, my Treo and then a previous blackberry...I used to get the anti-glare one, I was outside a lot and found it did better for me even if it did lose a itty-bitty bit of the crispness.
Itty bitty :P. But just! :D -- thanks for the support.

Anyhow, I wanted to let you guys know we're an official sponsor now, so if the moderators want to do a giveaway on our blackberry screen protectors, lets get it on! I thought about writing crackberry there, but I don't know if that's a faux pax in a true blackberry community :D.

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories

Last edited by BoxWave; 03-07-2007 at 08:16 PM..
Old 01-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #38
archer6

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxWave
Our ClearTouch Crystal screen protectors are very clear with a glass like appearance . Its difficult to notice it on, once installed. Great thing about our protectors is that you can re use them. So you can take it off and wash it etc. Are screen protectors are pretty popular. You can use the search button and type in "BoxWave screen protectors". I believe there’s some discussion about ours. Let me know if you have any questions. heres a link to our screen protectors.

BoxWave-
I did not find one for my 7130c on your site. Please advise. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #39
billclark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
Carrier: AT&T

I've been using the BSE full body skin on my 8700c since I got it a year ago, and it's been absolutely great. It's saved my BB numerous times, and it's never started peeling.

I just bought a Pearl and I'm anxiously awaiting my BSE full body skin for that too

When I was your age, Pluto was still a planet.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #40
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

Oi, I'm sorry we haven't checked back into this thread, we don't currently have blackberry screen protectors for the 7130c -- YET. We should be receiving them soon though . Thanks for asking.

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories

Last edited by BoxWave; 03-07-2007 at 08:13 PM..
Closed Thread