BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 07:34 AM   #1
elsandalos

Model: 7100v
Question Not Using Bypass When usb-connected

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, nice to be here

Completed a BES 4 install this week, and wireless synch is working fine. On my desktop i have Handheld Manager installed.

The problem is that the bypass isn't being used when the handheld is usb-connected. Synch still occurs, but over wireless rather than from the Router. Viewing Statistics in Handheld Manager shows the handheld is connected, shows the server is connected (along with ping <10 ms), but all the packets and bytes sent fields are at zero for both server and handheld.

Any ideas?

cheers
Pete
Old 04-29-2005, 09:40 AM   #2
jlopatin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

bypass only works via the desktop manager. if your users only have the handheld manager installed, all email will be routed to the handheld.

I explained this to our users as a feature! It is "always in sync" or some such thing...
Old 04-29-2005, 10:09 AM   #3
elsandalos

I'm sure this isn't the case. If you want basic bypass functionality, then it should be provided by Handheld Manager (see below). Otherwise it doesn't actually have any use on its own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From p.10 of the Handheld Management Guide:

BlackBerry Handheld Managerxxx149;:

allows data transfer using the BlackBerry Router instead of over the wireless network when the handheld is connected to the user computer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete
Old 05-03-2005, 08:31 AM   #4
hdyankee

Model: 7290
Default Bypass Router

Connect the Device to the Desktop and turn wireless off. Launch Blackberry Handheld Manager, open the statistics area and expand the area. Send an email from the device. If your router is working correctly the email will be sent. If it is not working correctly you will get the Clock "pending message". As your thread points out your device "state" is connected. This following have to be in place for everything to work. The server name should be the Fully Qualified name. Port 4101, State - Connected, Ping <10mls, Services - SRP.

It doesn't matter if desktop manager is installed or not, however is is part of the OEM install. You can close Desktop manager if yo think it may be a problem. Good luck

Well it get better. I just got off the phone with RIM. Appearantly, they have other clients with this problem.

Last edited by hdyankee; 05-03-2005 at 09:54 AM..
Old 05-03-2005, 09:30 AM   #5
elsandalos

Just done that, and yep - i've got a clock on the handset and the email has not been sent.

Pete
Old 05-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #6
hdyankee

Model: 7290
Default Bypass Router - FIX

You will never believe this. Check your SRP information on the Blackberry server. Your SRP should be something like S123456. If the S is small s the router will not pass information to the Dispatcher – thus it does not work correctly. Stop the Router and Dispatcher service change the s and start the Router and dispatcher service. (or just restart) Be warned after you change the s you will get information entries in the event log fast and furious. RIM states until the old information is purged you will get these.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:04 AM   #7
elsandalos

Talking Yes!

Thanks so much ... what a bloody stupid solution .... but what a great one!

have a virtual pint on me

El.
Closed Thread