BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-25-2005, 12:01 AM   #61
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Please Login to Remove!

The bulge seems to be a design "feature" and it's pretty minor IMO - I run my case without the "screen Protector" and use a ScreenGuardz directly on the display as well.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 05-25-2005, 07:22 AM   #62
Rip2632
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I think the bulge is only a "feature" (and obviously one I don't like) on the 7250, and the sleeve fits neatly and perfectly around the 7290. My question is, why recommend (earlier in this thread) the 7290 sleeve to 7250 owners if it has this bulge, and not just tell interested 7250 owners to wait for a 7250 version instead of buying the Bulge?

And I WANT to use the screen protector for my BB...as I've seen with my iPod case, when the sleeve fits properly (without any bulges or gaps), it is a perfect fit. Using ScreenGuardz still leaves a) the bulge and b) a "crater" around the screen.....
Old 05-26-2005, 09:58 AM   #63
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
The belt clip portion of the case does have the sleeper function.
I have been using this product on my BB and have noticed that the belt clip does have the sleeper function, however it is easy to put the BB into the belt clip portion of the case and the sleeper function not take because the magnets do not line up properly. Other than that, this is a great case!
Old 05-27-2005, 11:42 AM   #64
Brenteus Maximus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: Bell Mobility

i just got my case wednesday and despite the bulge i'm happy with it. i'm just going without the screen protector now, although i put the case on wednesday evening and by today (friday morning) that bulge has kinda stretched out a bit so maybe i'll try the screen protector again. but just having some protection for it is good enough for me.

on another note i'd like to give props to speck's customer service. fedex accidentally overcharged me for import fees when i received my case and speck was kind enough to refund me the difference and explain the situation, which had me concerned. i was very impressed with the quick response to the situation. thank you again amy

PIN: 30076BB7
Old 05-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #65
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Verizon

I have the bulge as well, but have been able to use the screen protector and it stays in place fine. I really like the case overall, just another layer of protection to the already near-indestructible BB7250 (based on a complicated formula using number of drops, severity of drop, and stupidity of owner...)
Old 05-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #66
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

As I said earlier we have made a number of suggestions to Speck about improving the case including ditching the hard plastic protector and improving the beltclip. These suggestions don't mean the exisiting case is bad, we see it as minor tweaking.

The 7290 case is likely to be the only 7200 series case from them and frankly the slight bulge doesn't bother me in the least - I think if you look at most cases of various designs they all possess a certain "character flaw". We actaully asked them about producing the "skin" only version.

Old 05-28-2005, 01:01 PM   #67
Brenteus Maximus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: Bell Mobility

i agree rcg. the bulge is a minor flaw compared to some of the design flaws i've seen in cases. the prime example being the bell aftermarket cell phone cases i work with. they've got to be the worst. but for me, the bulge isn't a big issue bc the screen protector isn't a necessity for me.

PIN: 30076BB7
Old 05-30-2005, 06:07 PM   #68
Minister Stanley
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 305C7DB6
Carrier: T-Mobile

Any idea when this will be available for the 7100t?
Old 05-30-2005, 07:34 PM   #69
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Stanley

SOON. I would expect end of June... Perhaps Amy could comment?

Old 05-30-2005, 08:38 PM   #70
darwin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Stanley
their website says "May 30th" I'll give them the fact that today was a holiday.... I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't come out till "the end of june" My 7100t is begging for protection and I doubt I'll be able to hold out ordering something for it before then.... This looks like the best option though, hopefully it'll be available this week...
Old 05-31-2005, 10:41 PM   #71
hi-tech
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
Carrier: SprinTel

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy@speckproducts
We will be releasing the Nextel 7520 case in June- I don't know exactly when- but probably towards the middle/end of the month.

thanks guys!!

Will the 7520 still fit in the desktop cradle with your case?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #72
ckbook28

Angry

Talked with Skin Tight yesterday said it would be another 2 weeks before 7100t is available for purchase.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:58 AM   #73
netPOSER
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregg
That sux...
Is it me or is the g model of the 7100 series the black sheep of BB's?

I just want a plastic belt clip like the old style BB's (957's and 7290 style belt clip). Anyone know where to find one? I checked all the links to retailers on this board but all you find for the 7100g are bulky leather holsters or the sporty holsters.

The auto-off feature in the clip/holster is not that important as the 7100g will turn off in a minute or two anyway.

I would buy the skin tight product today if they made one for the 7100g.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #74
DeathtoToasters

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Can someone tell me how 'sticky' is the surface? I just hate the silicon cases where all the dust, dirt and lint in the world is attracted to it!

I called the company and they said that it is not silicon so that it should not have that drastic of a clingy surface.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2005, 02:39 PM   #75
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I just want a 7520 case nothing more, except maybe this lamp, and that chair, and maybe this rug..

Sorry showing my age with those movie sayings (the Jerk with Steve Martin)
Old 06-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #76
Lifestyles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: 24D2ED97
Carrier: Rogers
Cool Canadian locations for BB accessories

is there anyplace in Canada that these or any other BB accessories can be sourced. paying as much in duties as the item is worth just kills me!

950, 957, 6710, 7100, 7210, 8700, 8300, 8310, BOLD 9000, 9800 Torch BBZ10/32GB PlayBook/32GB HP TouchPad
Old 06-15-2005, 12:33 AM   #77
mrbrut

Model: 8100
Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregg
That sux...
Ditto, I really want a cool 'slim' case for my 7100g
Old 06-15-2005, 06:04 AM   #78
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

7520s arent coming out till july now
Old 06-16-2005, 01:59 PM   #79
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters
Can someone tell me how 'sticky' is the surface? I just hate the silicon cases where all the dust, dirt and lint in the world is attracted to it!

I called the company and they said that it is not silicon so that it should not have that drastic of a clingy surface.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
It's pretty sticky, although not as bad as the ipod silicon cases. It attracts stuff to it though, and it's hard to wipe off. It's also a problem because dirt, tobacco, and other stuff finds its way into the case between it and the Berry. (I don't need or like the screen protector and didn't use it). My main problem with its stickyness is that it's almost impossible to slip the unit into my pocket. I don't like the holster, which is why I prefer the Berry in my pocket. It's a cheapo plastic thing. The Berry doesn't click into the holster because of the case's rubber surface. It sort of clings to the holster. I gave up on the holster when the Berry fell out of it on its own accord almost everytime I carried it in the holster. I gave up on the case, and went back to my aluminum case because it was so hard to get the unit into my pocket. It's also ugly, IMHO, at least the black one I got. It's rather bulky, even, and hard to hear through, unless you have the unit directly over your eardrum. And it's hard to pull the unit out of the case if you don't want to hassle with hearing through it.

I gave up on it and went back to my aluminum case. I should have known better. A great case. The Berry fits tight and snug, it's well protected, easy to open and close, easy to hear through while the lid is closed, easy to type on the Berry when the lid is open, sleek and pretty, not bulky at all, and it easily slips into your shirt pocket like a pack of smokes, in your back pocket if you want to carry it like a wallet, or in your front pants pocket if you want to carry it with your keys. Plus it's easy to slip the Berry out of the case if you want to use it naked, or to admire its sleek naked features.

Last edited by guinda35; 06-16-2005 at 02:01 PM..
Old 06-21-2005, 12:05 PM   #80
ekummel

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel
Default Skin tight and the desk stand

To repeat another question on this list...
will the 7520 fit in the desk stand with the Skin Tight on? If not, will there be a replacement desk stand?
Ed
web/gadget guru