Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #21
miamirulz29
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Leave the battery out for 24 - 48 hours.
Um... no.
I didn't think so.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #22
stevenchua

Carrier: Maxis
Default BlackBerry Bold 9000

SOS, pls help! My BB Bold 9000 fails to start up after intalling some downloads from Apps Manager. It keeps showing the Hour Clock forever and not getting started!

What should I do?
Old 04-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #23
miamirulz29
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenchua View Post
SOS, pls help! My BB Bold 9000 fails to start up after intalling some downloads from Apps Manager. It keeps showing the Hour Clock forever and not getting started!

What should I do?
Don't hijack a really old thread. Also, first search. This issue has been asked many times.
Um... no.
I didn't think so.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:46 AM   #24
csellars.87

Carrier: Vodafone(UK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamirulz29 View Post
Leave the battery out for 24 - 48 hours.
Does this work? Right now, I am in the same position as most of the people who posted in this thread before.

Basically, I haven't touched my 9000 in months - getting a new phone from work etc. Just realised what I was missing and really need the 9000 to work, so after trying to charge it, I get the red light with the Battery+Bolt through it graphic.

I have tried to do the 30 seconds reboot scenario, but it doesn't seem to be working, all I get is a Battery with a red line through it, which seeing as none of you have mentioned it during your answers/ helping doesn't fill me with much confidence.

I am leaving it for now with the battery+red light graphic on (probably something to do with the whole lack of battery in the 9000 lol), but don't really know where I can go from there. If I'm being stupid, please tell me!

Cheers.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #25
izzy1720

Carrier: t-mobile
Default Yeah.

I have the same problem with my Bold 9000.
It shows the red light when i charge it, also the battery with the shock sign in it. Which really confuses me because before i was making a video then all of a sudden the screen turns all white, as if it was frozen so i took out the battery and it wouldn't turn on after. Just that problem. Btw i was charging it by a wall charger.

blackberry bold suck
Old 06-21-2010, 02:27 AM   #26
carlos_2386

Model: 9700
Carrier: vodaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by calycanto View Post
The post above with this advice worked for me. I'll repeat it again here. Seems like this happens when you let it run totally dead (as opposed to simply allowing the battery to run to the point the radio shuts off). Scary stuff!

Hi,

I had the same problem (big battery sign with light bolt), and this is how I got it to boot again.

1. While the BB was connected to the power wall, I removed the battery

2. I waited 30 seconds, you should see a red light during that time

3. I put the battery back, and then it rebooted back to the normal BB home screen. I noticed that the battery sign was red (AKA completely drain). By the way, if the BB does not come back after you put the battery back, and you wait a few seconds, just press the power button.

I'm going to wait a little bit and see if it charges completely.

I hope it helps.

M.
This also worked for me. give it a moment after replacing the battery, should work fine.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:58 AM   #27
genuineguy

Model: 8300
Carrier: Airtel

Hello
I want to share my experience with this forum so that it would be helpful and save a lot of pain.

1. I normally connect my blackberry bold 9000 to the wall adapter once in 3 days, full night for a charge.
2. One of these days, i forgot to do so in 3 days, and one morning , I find out that the b9000 is totally dead. Was running late to office so could not find time to connect to the wall adapter
3. During whole day in the office, connected the USB cable to my laptop and the bold hoping that it would charge, but inspite of a full day connection, nothing happened.
4. During night, I connected the wall adapter hoping that it would pump in a lot of juice, but then, the Red LED used to light up and then the lightening bolt on a battery symbol on white screen would appear. This would repeat. I left it connected whole night, but no luck
5. I tried repeating step 5, after keeping the battery out of the device for few hours, hoping that it may help with some clean up residual charges. No luck
6. I was worried. I had not taken backup for year and I was on verge of loosing a lot of data.
7. Searced internet and a lot of forums suggested that my OS is corrupted. I have to rewrite the OS and would loose all the data.
8. I began to download the latest OS ver 5 and latest copies of BB desktop. these are huge downloads and while it was downloading, I did some more search and hit this forum which saved my data
9. I followed these steps given by one of the forum users and it helped
--------------------------------
Hi,

I had the same problem (big battery sign with light bolt), and this is how I got it to boot again.

3. I put the battery back, and then it rebooted back to the normal BB home screen. I noticed that the battery sign was red (AKA completely drain). By the way, if the BB does not come back after you put the battery back, and you wait a few seconds, just press the power button.
(genuine guy). My experience here was a bit different. during the first attempt nothing happened. The BB did not boot on its own. I had lost hope but I thought I would try again.... the BB did not come on its own during the second attempt, I kind of waited for about 20 seconds and then pressed the power button and bingo... the white screen with a rotating hand small watch appeared and I was relaxed.... the BB booted and I did not loose any data

I hope it helps.

M.
----------------------------------------------

The moral or summary is that

If you have a white screen with a lightening on a battery, as per my experience, your OS is NOT corrupt and you do not have flash it again.... just a trick of battery and adapter connection sequences saves your life
Old 06-28-2010, 04:28 AM   #28
BBguru64

Carrier: verizon
Default charging issues

Here is a summary of something that I wrote on another thread....I know this is an old thread but hope it still helps people with some of the newer phones...

I recently upgraded a bunch of devices including phones and PC and ran into some very strange battery life and charging problems(Lesson #1 - change only one item at a time!). I wanted to share them here to help others that have faced similar issues

I was using the blackberry 9700 and found the battery life to be less than a day. I know I need to charge daily but 4-5 hours seemed really short. Well after a few days of running some experiments, I realized that my PC was set to go into standby in about an hour. When the PC goes into standby, the USB power was present but I guess the PC "brains" were shut down so charging also stopped. So while my BB was plugged in the battery charging supposedly overnight, it actually stopped after an hour.
LESSON - Sometimes short battery life is more due to the charging source rather than the phones performance. Make sure that your source like the PC or wall adapter is "awake" when charging

Next issue was charging a completely dead battery. After a really long day, my BB battery went completely dead. I tried charging it from the PC but it just would not do it. Finally I was able to charge only after I plugged into the wall socket. Now here is what I found - turns out that sound you hear when you 1st plugin the device into the PC is not just for your entertainment . When it does this, the BB actually tells the PC that it is there and ready to charge. But in order to do that the battery needs to have some life in it. Without this little juice, the PC cannot recognize that the BB is there and so it does not charge.
LESSON - Have some charge left in the BB if you expect to charge from the PC USB port. If the battery is completely dead, you need to have your wall adapter in order to charge.

I hope that this information was helpful.....at the very least it will help people who have seen similar issues and may blame the phone. Some of the conclusions that I have reached were with the help of the the kind folks at RIM and with the help of a buddy of mine who designs circuits into the Blackberry phones...
Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #29
mikeytunes@yahoo.com.sg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: starhub
Default Charging BB

There are several threads discussing this issue. I think most know about BBGURU64's point #1 and agree that if the PC goes into standby the battery life is less.

For the 2nd point there are various conclusions that I have seen.
1) There is no problem charging a dead battery from a USB port of a PC - my experience differs depending on the product. iPOD is not a problem, my BB was.
2) Charge from the wall adapter if you cannot charge from the PC. There is never a problem with this other than carrying a wall adapter for every darn country you travel to
3) use a special cable to take care of this issue for you - dont really want to buy a cable for each of my products.

I have bought a few after market solutions to try to solve these issues but stopped short of buying one for each of my devices. I am pretty happy with the CSQUID solution discussed in various forums. It actually solves both the issues discussed in this forum - charges devices when the PC is in standby and works with dead battery. Bonus was that I could get a device for both my IPOD and blackberry in one cable.....

I got it as a corporate gift (see FREE!) but hear that it is now being sold on Amazon (have not verified this...will let you do it as you see fit!)

thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #30
lilymel

Carrier: At&t
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuineguy View Post
Hello
I want to share my experience with this forum so that it would be helpful and save a lot of pain.

1. I normally connect my blackberry bold 9000 to the wall adapter once in 3 days, full night for a charge.
2. One of these days, i forgot to do so in 3 days, and one morning , I find out that the b9000 is totally dead. Was running late to office so could not find time to connect to the wall adapter
3. During whole day in the office, connected the USB cable to my laptop and the bold hoping that it would charge, but inspite of a full day connection, nothing happened.
4. During night, I connected the wall adapter hoping that it would pump in a lot of juice, but then, the Red LED used to light up and then the lightening bolt on a battery symbol on white screen would appear. This would repeat. I left it connected whole night, but no luck
5. I tried repeating step 5, after keeping the battery out of the device for few hours, hoping that it may help with some clean up residual charges. No luck
6. I was worried. I had not taken backup for year and I was on verge of loosing a lot of data.
7. Searced internet and a lot of forums suggested that my OS is corrupted. I have to rewrite the OS and would loose all the data.
8. I began to download the latest OS ver 5 and latest copies of BB desktop. these are huge downloads and while it was downloading, I did some more search and hit this forum which saved my data
9. I followed these steps given by one of the forum users and it helped
--------------------------------
Hi,

(genuine guy). My experience here was a bit different. during the first attempt nothing happened. The BB did not boot on its own. I had lost hope but I thought I would try again.... the BB did not come on its own during the second attempt, I kind of waited for about 20 seconds and then pressed the power button and bingo... the white screen with a rotating hand small watch appeared and I was relaxed.... the BB booted and I did not loose any data

I hope it helps.

M.
----------------------------------------------

The moral or summary is that

If you have a white screen with a lightening on a battery, as per my experience, your OS is NOT corrupt and you do not have flash it again.... just a trick of battery and adapter connection sequences saves your life
I tried this and still wont work?
My phone was lowbattery and i took out the battery and put it back in to turn it on n it wouldnt turn on its been charging on the wall adapter for days now and still wont turn on all tht shows is a red light and a white screen with blue bolt on a battery im scared i just got my phone n i really want it to work
HELP!!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:15 AM   #31
mikeytunes@yahoo.com.sg

Carrier: starhub
Default Charging cable

check out this cable at amazon....It is supposed to charge basically any condition as long as the battery is not bad.

Amazon.com: csquid

It is the one that I said I got as a corporate gift....

ciao
Old 07-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #32
adecent1

Model: 8320
Carrier: t mobile

Hey eveyone,

If your blackberry died during upgrade and flashed red led without staring up, kindly follow the following steps :

(1) It happens to 70% Blackberries during upgrade.

(2) Uninstall the latest version of mobile software from your PC.

(3) Reload the Older version of your Mobile software on your PC.

(4) Reload the Older version of your mobile software on to your Mobile through application manager.

(5) The mob takes 15 - 30 minutes to reboot (Hourglass animation)

The funda is : Switch back to your older version and all will be fine.

G'day
Old 07-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #33
Chantie

Carrier: Rogers

Hey, I've tried literally EVERYTHING in all the forums I've read! and still I've got nothing but a black screen, my light doesn't go red to say it's charging, NOTHING! But the weird thing is the night before it happened (yesterday) i was on the phone when it randomnly shut off in the middle of my conversation and i thought it was just dead because the battery was yellow when i was on it but when i went upstairs to charge it, it just had a black screen. Do I need a new battery?
Old 07-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #34
icurschwartz

Chantie:

That is really strange because the same thing just happened to me. For the past several weeks whenever my battery would get too low the phone would lock up on a solid white screen. Two days ago I was in the middle of a call (the phone was fully charged and still on the charger) and the screen went white but no matter what I did I couldn't unlock it.

So I took it home and I was going to follow the "nuked blackberry" procedure that is on Crackberry.com and I don't know what happened but somehow either the batter completely died or something shorted out in the phone. I read a few articles but it seemed to me that everything was a crapshoot so I just went in to AT&T and got a new one. I had insurance so it didn't cost me much. The new one is on it's way right now.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #35
edcaimos

Model: 8310
Carrier: tmobil

My BB 8310 Sometimes turns on sometimes not...

I recently bought this phone on Ebay. Nice phone, doesn't show much use, however when inserting the battery it doesn't turn on. I need to pull the battery out and insert it several times before it actually turns the phone on.
Sometimes I have to wait for a very long time (up to an hour) for the phone to accept the battery.
When it turns on it works perfectly, I can even plug it to the charger and it charges.
The battery I am using is fully charged (I have several good batteries).
When I plug it to the charger when the phone hasn't turn on, doesn't turn it on either.
When I try to reboot (alt+shift+del) the screen goes blank and stays that way until I take the battery out.
The charging port seems to be OK and the battery contacts look clean.
Anyone with any ideas I'll appreciate their input.
Thanks in advance.
Ed

Last edited by edcaimos; 08-01-2010 at 01:25 PM..
Old 08-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #36
cr_x

Model: 9000t
Carrier: telstra

had the same issue. is such a pain
Old 08-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #37
cr_x

take out the battery the connect it through usb to ur pc then connect the battery and charge it for cpl hours see if that works
Old 08-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #38
cr_x

do u atleast get the red light flashing whn u connect to power??
Old 08-06-2010, 07:03 AM   #39
chuongnino

Carrier: Starhub

try to upgrade the ROm
Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #40
Yoevan

Carrier: Tmobile

I had more serious problem here. My Bold 9000 is completely off! This happen when I was charging with Wall charger + BB Portable charger (Wall charger go to Portable charger then go to my Bold) then I got a message, I wanna read it, but when I unlocked my Bold, it's suddenly change to white screen then off. After that I can't turn on anymore. Then I tried to charge it through anything, Wall charger, Portable charger and PC usb. But it only give me a red LED light (about 10-20sec) then showed Blackberry starter screen, but just for 3-5sec then it will turn off again like before, this happen continuously when I plugged the charger. With no charger, simply, it's just can't be turned on. I have tried the 30sec trick above, the problem is when u remove battery when charging, it's all off, nothing happened. and DM can't read the device. please HELLPPPP!! :'(

Last edited by Yoevan; 08-10-2010 at 06:54 AM..
Closed Thread