Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #41
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Please Login to Remove!

1. If you argue about the BlackBerry Browser try and do it a bit better (this pertains to your first post) Request entity too large is more or less a restriction on the BlackBerry itself.. Have you every tried receiving a 10 MB+ email or download a 20 MB attachment?

"message truncated due to size"

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #42
re:charge
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

i think the bb browser (or the blackberry as a whole?) is a lot more dependent on strong signal than some other phones. providing you have strong data signal you can pretty much evade the slowness problem by going to "cache operations" & emptying something. ofcourse you can try other browsers (i like bolt as it patches into youtube) but bb browser is more of a browser than a multimedia browser, if you get my drift.

these are all my findings so far & i'm only comparing to s60 v5 browser. yes it has a funny way of loading pages but i don't get frustrated with it in the least, mostly because i like the way it renders pages in column view (have you seen other browsers in column view? terrible!) & the download manager in bb browser is better than that in opera mini's, [imo].

i like the way it bridges the gap between default browsers & ad-hoc browsers like opera mini. but ofcourse, i can't wait for the webkit browser
Old 04-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #43
smkooq

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

never had any problems with my bb browser
Old 04-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #44
pvdilf40
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
If you ever used the iphone browser you would think differently. Is the BB browser adequate, depends on your expectations. But having used both, the iphone browser is closer to the desktop, minus flash of course, then anything else.
Apparently iPhone users don't really like thier browser either. Opera Mini is the number 1 download on all 22 Apple App Store's Opera Mini now the number one free download in all 22 App Stores -- Engadget

Opera Mini 5 is the BEST web browser for the Blackberry as well. You can actually read web page articles and stories with out horizontal scrolling back and forth on the trackpad everytime you read a single line.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:03 AM   #45
nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: t-mobile Germany

Since we are here in the rant and raves section, my completely biased opinion after 5 minutes of Opera usage:

Opera5 sucks.
No way to disable JavaScript (or, where do I find this ?)
Cant set Browser Identity
Displays Web-Page always in Full-Page mode on the tiny BB screen, you cant read the very small letters. And, if you zoom, you are able to scroll horizontal accidentally
mouse pointer movement/sensibility is set wrong, if you scroll down the page jumps
mouse pointer has a shadow
initial start page wastes room which could be used for history and bookmarks. Instead some pictures of sites I never will visit appear.
slow startup
does not render faster then BB browser.

With the BB browser set to colum mode. 99% of the web pages are easy to read an to scroll.

I cant understand, why someone would use this.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:10 AM   #46
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon

Simple answer: Propaganda and advertising.

Complex answer: People don't know how good things are until they turn really bad.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:28 AM   #47
nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: t-mobile Germany

Yes, this is apossible explanation,

To add something more ugly things about opera:
Mouse pointer movment feels like i am drowing in mud.
No right klick on a link possible,
None of the nice shortcuts like top, bottom, page down, page up etc. etc. work with opera you can navigate with the keyboard, but the shortcuts originate from linux (e,x, s,f)
The user interface does not feel like blackberry.

if the BB would have been made by apple, you could say, opera will not pass the apple guidelines for a mac application.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #48
Capt Jack Sparrow
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody7290 View Post
Since we are here in the rant and raves section, my completely biased opinion after 5 minutes of Opera usage:

Opera5 sucks.
No way to disable JavaScript (or, where do I find this ?)
Cant set Browser Identity
Displays Web-Page always in Full-Page mode on the tiny BB screen, you cant read the very small letters. And, if you zoom, you are able to scroll horizontal accidentally
mouse pointer movement/sensibility is set wrong, if you scroll down the page jumps
mouse pointer has a shadow
initial start page wastes room which could be used for history and bookmarks. Instead some pictures of sites I never will visit appear.
slow startup
does not render faster then BB browser.

With the BB browser set to colum mode. 99% of the web pages are easy to read an to scroll.

I cant understand, why someone would use this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody7290 View Post
Yes, this is apossible explanation,

To add something more ugly things about opera:
Mouse pointer movment feels like i am drowing in mud.
No right klick on a link possible,
None of the nice shortcuts like top, bottom, page down, page up etc. etc. work with opera you can navigate with the keyboard, but the shortcuts originate from linux (e,x, s,f)
The user interface does not feel like blackberry.

if the BB would have been made by apple, you could say, opera will not pass the apple guidelines for a mac application.
Wholeheartedly agree with these 2 posts; I downloaded Opera Mini, and from that browser, downloaded Twitter....huge mistake; as mentioned, the cursor movement/speed was slow, and the Twitter interface looked nothing like, nor performed like Twitter downloaded from the Blackberry site. Battery drainage was also another issue. I deleted the Opera app, and along with it went the Twitter app, and re-downloaded Twitter from Blackberry, and Twitter now functions and looks the way it should....

Last edited by Capt Jack Sparrow; 04-16-2010 at 01:05 AM..
Old 04-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #49
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

That's why I've jumped ship to Bolt and stopped using Opera Mini

Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread