Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
cloud909
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default No service noise?

Please Login to Remove!

So I did a search, but couldn't find anything on this... I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, if there's a way to change a setting to fix it.

Every now and then I find a spot where I don't get reception, and when I try to make a call (obviously, not noticing that I don't have reception at the time), I get this loud noise over my speakerphone that sounds like the "We're sorry, the number you have dialed is disconnected" noise... the loud 3 tones?

I've searched through the blackberry settings and can't find anything to change that from happening... maybe it's because I don't really know what to look for... "loud noise" and "three beeps" doesn't really help much... heh.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experience this?
Old 10-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
ivada
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

Yup this has happened to me a couple of times, when I don't get reception (like when I just step out of an elevator and call someone). I haven't seen any option to turn it off. Doesn't bother me, I just press the hang up (Red) button and it goes away.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
cloud909
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivada
Yup this has happened to me a couple of times, when I don't get reception (like when I just step out of an elevator and call someone). I haven't seen any option to turn it off. Doesn't bother me, I just press the hang up (Red) button and it goes away.
Yeah, I've done that... it just caught me off guard one day while I was at work (which was weird in and of itself, since I always have reception at work, but that's a whole other post in and of itself)... and it was louder than all shizzle :P hah.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer

Model: 9700
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud909
So I did a search, but couldn't find anything on this... I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, if there's a way to change a setting to fix it.

Every now and then I find a spot where I don't get reception, and when I try to make a call (obviously, not noticing that I don't have reception at the time), I get this loud noise over my speakerphone that sounds like the "We're sorry, the number you have dialed is disconnected" noise... the loud 3 tones?

I've searched through the blackberry settings and can't find anything to change that from happening... maybe it's because I don't really know what to look for... "loud noise" and "three beeps" doesn't really help much... heh.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experience this?
You can't turn it off or change it. It's there to let you know that the call cannot be completed because you have no signal. It's just one of those things that you have to learn to love.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #5
cloud909
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm
You can't turn it off or change it. It's there to let you know that the call cannot be completed because you have no signal. It's just one of those things that you have to learn to love.
Meh... good times :/ heh. Thanks, though!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:31 PM   #6
dupa12345
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: tmo

yeah i get it too ... so annoying and sooo loud
Closed Thread