Carrier: Cingular
Default WTS - Blackberry Bold 9000

Please Login to Remove!

Blackberry Bold - Barely Used :
$400 :
U.S. $ :
9.5 : /10
Phone & Home Charger :

Item for sale is a barely used Bold. It is a warranty replacement and is in excellent shape. Honestly, I am selling this phone because either the network or phone seems buggy with this phone. It works 90% of the time but occasionally turns off or drops a call. I have another Bold that I am running 1 newer version of 4.6 than this one (Bold for sale has the final approved OS/firmware) and not having the irks I am with this phone. I am not trying to make any $$ on this phone as we just want to sell it for a value to be able to just go buy an iPhone for the wife. The phone is currently not unlocked but I just got the unlock code from ATT and can provide with purchase.

Atlanta :
Yes, willing to ship in domestic U.S. :
Paypal or cash for local pickup :
Tracy - DawgfanTC at Gmail.com :

Part of me thinks the 4.6 firmware (167?) in the wild for this phone is buggy but that does nothing for wife when she is using it. I have an iPhone and a Bold running the next step up in 4.6 firmware and I don't have the bugginess that this phone does. If anyone is interested in this phone let me know. I am thinking there are folks out there more familiar with the Bolds who may know that certain apps make the Bold unstable as geez, the wife loves her Facebook, WSJ, Beyond411 apps..
Old 02-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
Dawgfan
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Wow, found a thread with the exact issues we are having with this Bold (it is running 167).

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...on-errors.html

I have offered to update the OS for her.., wife is having none of it. Must secretly want iPhone.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
Dawgfan

Price drop to $350.

We are willing to use our upgrade and therefore can get the white iPhone for $300 + tax, act, etc.

The $400 price was not using our upgrade and paying full price for a 8GB. I think the price drop makes sense for both parties even though I was going to use that upgrade this summer... oh well.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
Dawgfan

I may need to clarify as I have had a few questions.

The phone is fully-functional and the wife is using it currently.
*The device has some exception error or weird error about once a day (she is a HEAVY user being in the M&A field).

* The device is only about 2 weeks old and has only had one white-screen reset.

* Today was the first time we got a network error and I am not convinced this was the phone.

When I sell something I try to be as honest and upfront as possible and have likely made it sound like we are selling a janky Bold. This is not the case. I know there are people here familiar with these bugs and why they happen with certain firmwares and that is why I posted this item for sale here and included a link to the error thread in my Craigslist posting.

The phone is sold as is but I never want any bad karma so I try to be as detailed as possible with items that I sell.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
Dawgfan

To ANYone considering buying a Bold:
I highly recommend that you either buy a Bold with update firmware or know how to update the firmware yourself as I am learning these bugs are prevalent in the .167 build.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
Dawgfan

I was asked about warranty:

I just got through to business care and they said even warranty replacements are warranted for 90 days or 1 year from purchase, whichever is longer. In this case, this Bold was activated originally in December so I would est there is about 9 mos. of warranty left. Of course any damage, water damage, modification, 3rd party apps can void the warranty.

If anyone knows this to not be the case feel free to post your experience as I am making every effort to be completely clear on this item.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #7
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (My Curve)

Talk to urself much? Lol

Do u got any pics of it for the other users? Also, and ebay feedback or anything like that
Old 02-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #8
Dawgfan

Ok, I got the following questions and would like to address here. I also looked over the device as finely as possible and would like to put the physical condition at a 9 out of 10 with the only blemish being what looks like spots of mist on the screen that can only be seen with the device off or on standby. I could post a picture but all you would see is what looks like a Bold out of the box as those little spots would never show up. When I tell you they are small you would likely think I need medication for OCD (my wife does) but I return things for 1 dead pixel. They are not scratches and are not visible with device on. I have a slight scratch on my other Bold and I know right where that friggin' thing is. The device is in great shape.

The questions:

There are few questions i must ask -

1. Are the ESN/PIN both clean and working? They're not reported stolen right?
A - I don't know what ESN is. I cleaned the PIN with 409 so it should be good to go...seriously, I was given this phone at a Christmas party, well the one before the warranty replacement anyways. The device was never subsidized and is only a few weeks old.

2. Does the phone have ANY scratches, dents, dinks or any other cosmetic issue I should be aware of.
No scratches, dents, dinks. The only cosmetic flaw I could find were these spots on the screen that are insanely small but I can't get them off. They are only visible with device powered off and free of smudges (when does that happen, heck I could probably never tell anyone about them and no one would ever know)
3. Since this is a final sale, are you able to provide proof of purchase so that I can, if necessary send in the phone if there is a need to do so?
I was given the phone at a Christmas party and I have no idea where the wife put the box. When we returned the first one we were never asked for a receipt as the activation date was used as origin of date of warranty.
4. Does it come with all the original parts/boxes/battery/charger/manual/cd?
It comes with the phone, battery, home charger and I could probably round up a gel or two and maybe a stock holster. Desktop Manager can be downloaded and you don't want anything to do with the stock device OS/firmware in my opinion.

The device is what it is. It is a 2-week old Blackberry Bold running what I feel to be shoddy software and in need of the newer OS/firmware. My wife wants an iPhone and so I am not going to bother dealing with the OS when I can sell it for $300+ no problem somewhere.

I am glad to knock off $25 for the screen blemishes and $325 is more than a fair market price for this device.

..maybe I'll leave that 16GB memory card in it for you as I get those so cheap it's not a big deal.

Hope this helps and I talk to myself but rarely answer.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #9
Dawgfan

I forgot to mention that I am willing to return your $ if the device, as delivered (not used for days as I cannot be responsible for your BB near pavement or water) is not as described here.

I would prefer to sell it locally in Atlanta where the buyer can inspect immediately and see what they are getting but if I have to ship it I will do so FedEx 2nd Day Air ($10 charge) so that tracking can be provided to buyer AND me to know when you received the device.

Upon it being delivered if I do not receive notification from you within a reasonable amount of time (hours, not days) I will assume you are satisfied with the device. Of course I would love to hear that you are stoked with your purchase.

Again, I am not here to rip anyone off. I want someone to get a contract-free Bold for a fair price and my wife to get an iPhone so she will leave me alone as she will have a phone SHE picked out. (anyone married knows what I'm saying).
Old 03-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #10
Dawgfan

Item looks to be sold pending PayPal payment.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #11
Dawgfan

Item is sold. Will be shipped out Monday and tracking information provided as soon as I have it.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:49 AM   #12
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

This is an entertaining thread!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:58 AM   #13
Noah85

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

why is this thread entertaining?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #14
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

He keeps adding things to other threads right after he posts the reply before.. And didn't give any pic or ebay link. And I have no idea what pin 409 means???
Old 03-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #15
Dawgfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankarlinski View Post

He keeps adding things to other threads right after he posts the reply before.. And didn't give any pic or ebay link. And I have no idea what pin 409 means???
I have been answering questions that I received in direct messages here as to provide that information to everyone.

409 is a cleaner, it was a joke.

Glad folks enjoyed the thread.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #16
PapiPabs

PIN: occhio
Carrier: AT&T

Your joke wasn't totally lost. I LOL'd IRL at the 409 comment. Glad to see the sale worked out for you.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #17
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

ahhh. i understood it wrong when i looked at it before. lol.

but if the phone was sold, this should be closed correct?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #18
Dawgfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankarlinski View Post
ahhh. i understood it wrong when i looked at it before. lol.

but if the phone was sold, this should be closed correct?
but I thought we just started having some fun.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #19
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

yeah. thats true. well, i cant close it, so well have to wait for a mod to close it.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #20
Dawgfan

Device was received by buyer on-time and I got an email that he was very pleased with the condition and transaction.