Default Install OS 6 for Blackberry 9700

Please Login to Remove!

Please s.o help me install OS6 for BB 9700. Thanks a lot
Old 11-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Suto01

Model: 9000
PIN: 2164cbc8
Carrier: KPN
Default Can you explain what your problem is?

Can you explain what your problem is? If have just installed OS 6, just as any other device update
Old 11-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
hienpham

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optus

I haven't installled it yet. Having read the comments from those who have installed OS6 to their BB9700, some are happy and some aren't. I'm quite new to BB9700 so I feel quite nervous to install it. I just wonder if I can have step-by-step installion os6, and if I fail, can I reverse to OS5. May thanks
Old 11-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
Howard S.
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hienpham View Post
I haven't installled it yet. Having read the comments from those who have installed OS6 to their BB9700, some are happy and some aren't. I'm quite new to BB9700 so I feel quite nervous to install it. I just wonder if I can have step-by-step installion os6, and if I fail, can I reverse to OS5. May thanks
Just an opinion, but being new to the 9700 you may want to wait and get a better feel for the phone before plunging ahead with OS 6 right now. Also, I would recommend waiting until it's a posted official update at the top of this forum. Installation instructions will be posted with the update.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
ssb16
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ask first
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard S. View Post
Just an opinion, but being new to the 9700 you may want to wait and get a better feel for the phone before plunging ahead with OS 6 right now. Also, I would recommend waiting until it's a posted official update at the top of this forum. Installation instructions will be posted with the update.
The question I have is where are you getting the file from? There has been no official release from RIM nor any I see on this site (which I trust). Agree with Howard that you should wait before plunging in or else you may regret it
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 11-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

Agree, with others on this. Since OS5 and OS6 has big diff in the interface and style, it may be too much a change for new users. Enjoy current OS and once you have good orientation then you might think with more confidence to jump over to newer OS and hopefully by then an official release will be out here on forum.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:29 AM   #7
Suto01

Model: 9000
PIN: 2164cbc8
Carrier: KPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssb16 View Post
The question I have is where are you getting the file from? There has been no official release from RIM nor any I see on this site (which I trust). Agree with Howard that you should wait before plunging in or else you may regret it
google for 9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel1202_PL6.6.0.50_A6.0.0.344
Old 11-05-2010, 05:35 AM   #8
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Or, you could even look right here on this forum and find it...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta...0-0-344-a.html

It's all right here.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #9
althoos

Carrier: vodafone
Default Instant Messenger PROBLEM

HI,
I've upgraded my phone to O.S 6.0... nw wen i downloaded google talk n yahoo messenger, it gets downloaded but can;t open it... a dialogue "uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointer exception " comes... pls help me...
Old 11-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
hienpham

Carrier: Optus

Thank you for your opinion. I just wait until the new OS6 offically released. I think it's easier and safer to install with the instructions. For the time being, just enjoy what I have. "If it ain't broke, why fix it" or I'll regret. Regards
Old 11-08-2010, 02:46 AM   #11
racs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vodafone (NL)

Its funny how people react on answers of others. Just install it and do like u just got a new phone. Like when I would switch to let's say a samsung I have to get used to the new operating system also.

The upgrade go's like every other update and if your new, just read the instructions good everything is covered. Its easy to do. Only the Tmobile blackberry's need some attention cause they need to remove 2 files before upgrading.

As for the Google Talk I just downloaded it and it works. Do a battery pull please and try again.

Just remember that its a leaked version and it has some buggs and some apps might not work propperly.

Just do it Blackberry ;).

And I'm also a Tmobile user and use the leaked OS6.0
Old 11-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #12
Howard S.
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by racs View Post
Its funny how people react on answers of others. Just install it and do like u just got a new phone. Like when I would switch to let's say a samsung I have to get used to the new operating system also.

The upgrade go's like every other update and if your new, just read the instructions good everything is covered. Its easy to do. Only the Tmobile blackberry's need some attention cause they need to remove 2 files before upgrading.

As for the Google Talk I just downloaded it and it works. Do a battery pull please and try again.

Just remember that its a leaked version and it has some buggs and some apps might not work propperly.

Just do it Blackberry ;).

And I'm also a Tmobile user and use the leaked OS6.0
It's actually called a "word to the wise is sufficient". The OP is brand new to the 9700, doesn't even know phone yet, and you're actually recommending him try a buggy beta OS? I wouldn't call that good advise.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #13
racs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vodafone (NL)

I did the same thing a few years ago. Bought the curve 8320 and jumped right in and I went true allota bb's. His curiosity brought him here so he wants to explore. So let him I would say. I survived and now I know allot of tbe blackberry to tell you that there could go almost go nothing wrong with loading to the 6.0 if your not familiar with the phone. But the first time is always different and makes you think that something is wrong but its not ;).

So yes, I would tell him to load that mother shot your mouth on his BoLd Nine! Thousant! Seven! Hundred! Baby.

And I quote myself: "Just remember that its a leaked version and it has some buggs and some apps might not work propperly."

Just read the instructions good. And I quote myself again "Only the Tmobile blackberry's need some attention cause they need to remove 2 files before upgrading." And do a battery pull when the OS is loaded.

I would give somebody bad advice when I find him on the streets and he is a noob and doesn't know anything about computers and tell him to upgrade his phone to OS6.0 That would be bad advice. But when somebody is looking for it he's ready my friend.

I don't think your first time loading an OS on a phone was when you where experienced. I think you thought your phone would die ;). I can keep on winking bro but I only work with beta's.

Holla at ya boy Wink Wink winker lol..
Old 11-09-2010, 09:16 AM   #14
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

What a brainless twit...if anyone could even understand your spew.

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #15
Thiego-uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: SGS2
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I have been into BB for over 2 years and just now that I decided to upgrade to a unofficial OS (not from my carrier) which isnt authorized by RIM neither. I only did it because of all the beneficts on this new OS would be worth the shot and I didnt do in the past cause I was never confident enough also never thought the upgrade would be really worth.
Im really happy with OS6 so far. Still, there are somethings that could be better but it's a huge jump from the old OS5. If your new to OS5 you shouldnt have complains about it yet so go on and experiment it. When you feel confident to upgrade it you can do it.

"JUST ONE THING": Always have a backup handy!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:27 AM   #16
Matrix Leader
No longer Registered.

Model: 9780
Carrier: DU
Default Re: Install OS 6 for Blackberry 9700

Download the Operating System from the below link:

9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel1202_PL6.6.0.50_A6.0.0.344.exe - download

Make sure you create a backup before you perform the below!

Instructions For Installation:

1) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.

2) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

3) Delete the file named vendor.xml

4) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

5) Run loader.exe

6) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #17
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Install OS 6 for Blackberry 9700

Ten page thread on it Matrix...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta...-344-a-10.html

Please search before posting. Thank you.
Closed Thread