BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #1
SCBerry

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone
Default BES V4 on Domino, multiple domain issue

Please Login to Remove!

I have a problem with a BES V4 server running on Domino 6.54.
The BES is to support mail across 3 domains. DA has been enabled on the BES.

I have a problem with SMTP Mail sent from a handset assigned to an account on any domain other than the one the BES is installed on is being sent without the correct senders mail address. I.e. John_Doe/TS/Acme%domain@acme.com

The domain (%domain) listed in the incorrect address is the same domain the BES is installed in.

Mail sent from a handset on the same domain as the Blackberry is not affected and is stamped with the correct senders smtp address.

I have checked the Global Domain doc, DA, DirCat.

Desktop Manager V4 has not been installed or used.
Any assistance appreciated.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:31 PM   #2
dev
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

I haven't had the pleasure of running BES4 in a multi-DNN model. But you mentioned Global Domain doc, DA and dircat...I'm assuming your connection docs are in place already and you have cross-certified the BES with the other domain servers?
Old 06-06-2005, 03:59 AM   #3
SCBerry

The BES has cross cert with other domain O's and connection docs have been configured.

The Global Dom Doc has been set up as per RIM KB-01897 document.
Address Lookups work from a handset assigned to a user on either of the non BES domains.
Thanks
Old 06-06-2005, 08:44 AM   #4
dev
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

This could be broken down into a) Where does the smtp addressing info originate and b) where does the device get that info.
I would look at the location docs and person docs for the proper internet addressing.
There is a section in the location doc that makes reference to "Inter domain for Notes addresses when..." and in the person doc try adding the users' internet address in the "Internet Address" field.
I'm interested in how this is resolved....let me know
Old 06-06-2005, 10:38 AM   #5
ocman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Same thing happened to us and we just moved the limited people off of the one domain on to the domain the server was located.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:24 AM   #6
SCBerry

We have managed to resolved the issue.

We have an Extended Directory Catalog configured on the BES server and also use DA to look up the same NAB's + others. If we remove the Dir Cat from the BES server doc the senders SMTP address is correct. This issue only affected the accounts from the non BES domains.

Thanks for the posts.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #7
akemball

Model: 7730
Question Similar Issue with multiple Domains

We have a similar issue. However in our environment (2 domains, cross certified with connection documents) - each domain has its own gateway to the Internet and restrictions which only allow outbound access for named users.

The BES is in Domain A.

A Notes user in Domain B can send a normal Notes message to an external recipient from his Notes client. The message is routed according to the domain/connection documents in Domain B and passes out to the Internet.

When the same user, uses his BB to send a message, the BES puts the outbound message into the MAIL.BOX on the Domino server in Domain A. The message tries to pass out through Domain A's gateway - but is blocked at the Internet, because the sender is not recognised/not using a valid SMTP address.

Is it possible to configure the BES, to route the outbound message through the user's home server (which would be Domain A or Domain B)? the information is available in the user profile document - but not used to handle outbound mail.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #8
SCBerry

akemball
I have 5 Domino domains running off my BES with 1 domain as you have described above in Domain B. All domains route mail to the Internet via the same gateway which works for us. I am not aware if it is possible to configure SMTP routing as you have suggested. Let me know if you manage it and we may look at it.
Closed Thread