BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #41
jefwic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Bell

Please Login to Remove!

I have about 17 - 18 MB on this new release, still have all ringtones and preloaded pictures. Was 12 - 13 MB before the update, but I did remove a few languages and the demo video.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:41 PM   #42
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

I also uninstalled voice dialing too.....
Old 12-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #43
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

I have 17M free now (removed VAD, too).

Can't get to Options -> Help -> About now, though, to check the version.

Have to use ALT + eace instead (thanks, JS!)
Old 12-04-2007, 10:50 PM   #44
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Yes hopefuly everything works out with this stuff being deleted. I liek having the free space.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #45
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

I deleted the vad files, pre loaded media, etc.. to save space. I also deleted the BB Dimension Today and Dimension Icon theme as I never use them. I have a couple custom made themes I use so I loaded those on. My question is since I never use the Zen theme can I also delete that or no? Someone told me that if I delete the Zen theme I would have all kinds of issues because the BlackBerry needs that theme to run. Is that true at all or no? Currently after this OS update theme wise I have: Dimension L, Dimension Zen and two custom themes. I want to delete the Zen one also but thought I'd get feedback from the BB Experts here.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #46
pdone
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknell View Post
i updated to the telus .65 os and everything works real smooth...except it took off my mobile yahoo feature to choose wether i delete off the handheld or off the yahoo account and mobile....

now i must delete from my BB and login to yahoo to delete those messeges seprately....

do we anticipate .71 to fix this?

I am having the same problem with gmail on .65. I checked my BIS settings, registered HRT and resent service books and still same problem. Thought it might have something to do with IMAP so I disabled that and only had POP enabled and still no dice. Hoping that .71 fixes that issue. Anyone try .71 with similar issues and notice a resolution?

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:21 AM   #47
orle8050

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

How do I remove the pre-loaded pictures from the Sprint Blackberry8130
Old 12-05-2007, 10:42 AM   #48
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdone View Post
I am having the same problem with gmail on .65. I checked my BIS settings, registered HRT and resent service books and still same problem. Thought it might have something to do with IMAP so I disabled that and only had POP enabled and still no dice. Hoping that .71 fixes that issue. Anyone try .71 with similar issues and notice a resolution?

Thanks!
i've never run anything other than .71, but i can tell you that quirks still exist for both IMAP and POP gmail with blackberries... if you use POP, you should be able to choose delete on handheld and server and it should delete the email from both... the problem i have with this is that it *deletes* the email on the server instead of archiving it. If you follow the instructions Google provides to setup Gmail IMAP on your blackberry, it should work the same way, although deletions on one device don't seem to reflect on the other quite as quickly as with POP... IMAP replications seem to take anywhere from 2 to 15 minutes, whereas POP is almost immediate. At least, that's been my experience.

Rob
Old 12-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #49
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefwic View Post
I have about 17 - 18 MB on this new release, still have all ringtones and preloaded pictures. Was 12 - 13 MB before the update, but I did remove a few languages and the demo video.
Wow, the 8130 must use up a lot of memory compared to the 8100 (not that it makes any difference). When you delete just the languages/video from the 8100 you end up with about 30mb. BTW you can add/delete apps using DM using any OS version as long as it's dl'ed to your pc.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #50
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

I think the video camera option probably takes up some good amount of space too..
Old 12-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #51
pdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronx View Post
i've never run anything other than .71, but i can tell you that quirks still exist for both IMAP and POP gmail with blackberries... if you use POP, you should be able to choose delete on handheld and server and it should delete the email from both... the problem i have with this is that it *deletes* the email on the server instead of archiving it. If you follow the instructions Google provides to setup Gmail IMAP on your blackberry, it should work the same way, although deletions on one device don't seem to reflect on the other quite as quickly as with POP... IMAP replications seem to take anywhere from 2 to 15 minutes, whereas POP is almost immediate. At least, that's been my experience.

Rob
Discovered my issue had nothing to do with .65 and thus probably not .71 either other than the fact when I upgraded, it changed the setting in my email options under reconciliation to delete only on handheld. This only happened on my gmail account (my default), maybe it happened to dknell's yahoo b/c it was his default email account?? If this happens to you just open your inbox and click Options > Email Reconciliation > and change Delete On to your preference. Hopefully this will save someone else from deleting and adding the same email account 20x....
Old 12-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #52
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orle8050 View Post
How do I remove the pre-loaded pictures from the Sprint Blackberry8130
Follow the instruction here just be careful if you have not done this before.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ut-memory.html
Old 12-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #53
FastZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 317C9B94

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster28 View Post
so that isnt any real update i have the version on my phoen
Too all of you who have the new Sprint 8130 Pearl, this release can be used for those users from Verizon or other CDMA phone companies to upgrade their BlackBerry operating systems. Sprint already comes with this version so there is no need to state that you already have this version on your phone. K thx, bye.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #54
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastZ View Post
Too all of you who have the new Sprint 8130 Pearl, this release can be used for those users from Verizon or other CDMA phone companies to upgrade their BlackBerry operating systems. Sprint already comes with this version so there is no need to state that you already have this version on your phone. K thx, bye.
It is a good idea to have the OS installed on your computer so if you have to reload it, it is available. I already have this version on my phone.

I also downloaded it and removed the Voice Activated Dialing from my device - need the OS to do that.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #55
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastZ View Post
can be used for those users from Verizon or other CDMA phone companies to upgrade their BlackBerry operating systems.
as stated in the first post!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #56
FastZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 317C9B94

I was just simply stating that there was no need for users to post to this thread saying that they already have the OS on their Sprint 8130.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #57
dknell
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Discovered my issue had nothing to do with .65 and thus probably not .71 either other than the fact when I upgraded, it changed the setting in my email options under reconciliation to delete only on handheld. This only happened on my gmail account (my default), maybe it happened to dknell's yahoo b/c it was his default email account?? If this happens to you just open your inbox and click Options > Email Reconciliation > and change Delete On to your preference. Hopefully this will save someone else from deleting and adding the same email account 20x....
Thanks Pdone! you nailed it...when i upgraded to .65 it changed my email recon opts...i'm good to go now!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #58
liebhabe

Anyone know if this moves the 8130 to Rev. A?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #59
jseah

PIN: 30496979

Quote:
Thanks. I noticed this yesterday that my default email account (Yahoo) changed. I liked the option of it prompting me to decide whether to delete it just on my handheld or delete in both my handheld and my account. I like to keep my handheld clean of messages. If I need to go back and look at an old message, I can access my mailbox from my computer.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #60
jseah

PIN: 30496979

Another thing I noticed about message/email delivery with the Sprint O/S (don't know if this is a bug or a "feature" or whether it is related to the message/email options).

If you are in your mailbox (either your email mailbox or your main messages folder) and a new message comes in, if you don't open the message and you use the back key to take you back to the home screen, the new message indicators go away as if you have read all of your new messages.
Closed Thread