Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #21
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up KRUSELL cases

Please Login to Remove!

(x-posted in "Vertical Pouch for Curve?" thread)

I use a leather Krusell Cabriolet case for my Curve. I had a Classic case for my Pearl which completely covers and protects the entire unit (except for cut-outs which allow access to the trackball, convenience keys, mute button, speaker openings, USB, etc.) and was super form-fitting.

(Here's my review of the Krusell Classic case)
http://www.blackberryforums.com/bbf-...100-pearl.html

Krusell doesn't make Classics for the Curve but the Cabriolet is pretty good too although it isn't as sleek as the Classic. The screen is covered by soft, clear plastic (even though I also use a screen protector for when I don't use the Krusell) and the keys are left open for direct access. The top is open for easy pull-out access to your Curve. The front and the slightly stiffer back offer pretty good protection if the Curve should fall on the ground, especially from dings on the corners and edges.

Like all Krusell Multi-dapt cases, they come with a slide out belt clip (Cabriolet comes with a swivel clip [which allows vertical or horizontal use] and the Classic comes with a stationary one and you can purchase additional clips separately) and these two models have a snap-off camera cover which is where the multi-dapt system is attached. This would be a plus for those who are interested in having a "cover" for their camera. The multi-dapt also features a sturdy lanyard mount, which is a plus since the Curve has no holes or mounts for lanyard or wrist straps.

BBF Member Katone had suggested a great idea -- unstitching the snap-off camera cover to make the case even more sleek/slim, since the cover and multi-dapt system added a bit of bulk. He carried his Pearl in his pocket and didn't use the belt clip so it made more sense to not have it. I did the same "unstitching" thing to the Cabriolet and just attached the lanyard directly to the case and it works fine.

Here's the Krusell Cabriolet site: Krusell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bb8300_krusell cabriolet.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	9395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Curve Krusell Cabriolet.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	9396  

Last edited by PCgirl; 10-09-2007 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: added Krusell site
Old 10-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #22
Camarones
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

One more vote for OEM skin + OEM leather swivel holster.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:21 AM   #23
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Just got my Curve yesterday, and am not crazy about the OEM sleve that came with it-no clip, and no cutout so that you can leave the handset in the sleeve while charging. Keep posting suggestions here, I am in the market...
Old 10-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #24
sriley
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub33 View Post
Just got my Curve yesterday, and am not crazy about the OEM sleve that came with it-no clip, and no cutout so that you can leave the handset in the sleeve while charging. Keep posting suggestions here, I am in the market...
I know, I am very surprised that RIM did it like that. Even my coworker just got an 8800 and it came with the leather holster with clip.

Did they think that Curves were going to be bought by women who carry purses?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #25
devlol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriley View Post
I know, I am very surprised that RIM did it like that. Even my coworker just got an 8800 and it came with the leather holster with clip.

Did they think that Curves were going to be bought by women who carry purses?
maybe they're suggesting men start carrying purses?

I use the Blackberry 8300 8320 Curve Silicone Skin Case - Black (OEM) - HDW-13840-007 + a screen protector from BSE. I kind of miss my magnet though... and I'm still not used to having to press K before I stick it in my pocket... otherwise I start "pocket dialing"
Old 10-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #26
Lecter

Model: BOLD
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone Germany

I had this left over from my Treo days, it's very nice.

Covertec Cases - Covertec SX104/01 Black Leather Vertical Case V3
Old 10-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #27
jonnychoc

Put me down for the OEM silicone skin, OEM leather case (purchased at Best Buy), and the Best Skins Ever screen protector. I was using my old leather case from my 8700 for a while but this one is better quality and smaller. With the skin on it, I think it fits in the case snug without being too tight.

I'm going to change to a colored skin just to be different as they are very cheap on Amazon right now.

I love this phone!!
Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #28
PCgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
I had this left over from my Treo days, it's very nice.

Covertec Cases - Covertec SX104/01 Black Leather Vertical Case V3

Cool, that site also has the Krusell cabriolet case, except that on the Curve items page it is priced at $19 (which is a good price) but when you click on the item, it is actually $27.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #29
sriley
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zGuy View Post
Love this one too. T-Mo's stores now carry them in black; Amazon has them in orange.
And did you see that Amazon has the Black one for $2.99!

Amazon.com: BlackBerry 8300 Skin, Black: Cell Phones & Service
Old 10-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #30
nm1k0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 0000
Carrier: ATT

i had an invisible shield on my 8800 and i am most definitely getting one on my curve. nothing could scratch that thing. i tried. and it has a lifetimereplacement guarantee.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 PM   #31
PCgirl

Default Other case options

Here are some other "carrying case" options:

1. Cellet vertical case
2. Cellet horizontal "sandwich" case (no flap)
3. Monaco Apex "sleeve-type" case front
4. Monaco Apex "sleeve-type" case back
5. PDair Shell case (similar to Krusell Cabriolet but with small flap). No "unstitching" necessary if you want to remove the belt clip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cellet Curve vertical pocket case.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	9409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cellet Horizontal sandwich case.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	9410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Monaco Apex case front.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	9411   Click image for larger version

Name:	Monaco Apex case back.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	9412   Click image for larger version

Name:	PDAir case front.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	9413  

Old 10-13-2007, 10:42 AM   #32
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

I have both a slip-in sleeve with no clip and the leather belt case with magnetic flap. I use the belt case when I'm mobile, like commuting durning the week, and the sleeve when I'm walking around the house or if I'm wearing shorts on the weekend and want to slip my BB into my pocket for a quick run to the store.

No skin, but I put on a screen protector (Screen Patronus) the second my Curve came out of the box.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #33
XBGM3R

Model: 8900c
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCgirl View Post
Here are some other "carrying case" options:

1. Cellet vertical case
2. Cellet horizontal "sandwich" case (no flap)
3. Monaco Apex "sleeve-type" case front
4. Monaco Apex "sleeve-type" case back

5. PDair Shell case (similar to Krusell Cabriolet but with small flap). No "unstitching" necessary if you want to remove the belt clip.
PCgirl, Many thank you for pics of post! I like 3 & 4 as above.. is it sleep mode or turn it off when device in pouch? It is concern me that rubber skin within curve, will it fit in pouch? I don't want to put it in too tight as hard force. it makes me more diffcult pull it out and in..

Once thanks!

Last edited by XBGM3R; 10-13-2007 at 01:52 PM..
Old 10-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #34
PCgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBGM3R View Post
PCgirl, Many thank you for pics of post! I like 3 & 4 as above.. is it sleep mode or turn it off when device in pouch? It is concern me that rubber skin within curve, will it fit in pouch? I don't want to put it in too tight as hard force. it makes me more diffcult pull it out and in..

Once thanks!
Hi XBGM3R,

I don't have this case (I use the Krusell cabriolet case) so I don't know about the sleep mode magnet but it should fit with the skin since it is made to accommodate other PDA's as well (I think the sides stretch?):

Description:
Suitable for phones, PDAs, PDA phones and MP3 players no larger than 119mm tall X 69mm wide X 20mm thick.

Just make sure that wherever you purchase it allows returns in case you're not happy with it.

If there is no magnet, you could always hit the standy/mute button as you're sliding it into the case and hit the button to wake it up as you're sliding it out to use it!
Old 10-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #35
Winston S.

Model: 8900

I have a bestskinsever on my 8320 as well as carrying it in a Fortte Curve STiL case. The case comes with a magnet and I carry it on my belt. I also bought a Seidio rubber skin for the case for more casual occasions. My only reservation about the Seidio rubber skin is that the piece that goes over the call and end buttons are not cut as well as they should be. You can see this problem in the pictures that Seidio has on their site also.

I used to love Krussell cases, however, after the multidapt clip on the case itself breaking a couple of times I decided not to purchase them anymore. The warranty process is also difficult because you must mail the case to Sweden. Cost of postage is almost or the same price as a new case.

Last edited by Winston S.; 10-14-2007 at 06:51 PM..
Old 10-15-2007, 08:50 PM   #36
TREKrider

PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnychoc View Post
Put me down for the OEM silicone skin, OEM leather case (purchased at Best Buy), and the Best Skins Ever screen protector. I was using my old leather case from my 8700 for a while but this one is better quality and smaller. With the skin on it, I think it fits in the case snug without being too tight.

I'm going to change to a colored skin just to be different as they are very cheap on Amazon right now.

I love this phone!!
Forgive me if this question is answered above (I think I read it all), but does a Curve w/ OEM skin still slide easily into the OEM slide-case that comes with the phone? I kind of like being able to slide the phone into the case and just keep it in my pocket and would love one of the OEM skins (maybe orange) to work with it.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #37
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F

I want a case that will not make my 8320 unsexy and also protects

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 10-16-2007, 09:31 PM   #38
yustonuser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREKrider View Post
Forgive me if this question is answered above (I think I read it all), but does a Curve w/ OEM skin still slide easily into the OEM slide-case that comes with the phone? I kind of like being able to slide the phone into the case and just keep it in my pocket and would love one of the OEM skins (maybe orange) to work with it.
I would love to know this as well - I just got my 8310 tonight and bought the OEM leather case but would love to add the silicone skin if someone has been able to effectively use both at the same time. I read the skin is only 1MM thick - so does it fit snuggly into the case with it on?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #39
J

Model: 9700

I just got the OEM black clip for the curve and it's great. I actually get to feel how thin the phone is while in it's clip unlike my holsters which make it feel like half a sandwhich!

Awesome, though the back of the phone is not protected when in the clip. I'd get another in a heartbeat.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #40
Lifestyles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: 24D2ED97
Carrier: Rogers
Default will invisible shield or bestskins ever fullbody skin fit inside the seidio hybrid ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrocs View Post
i got the best skin ever along with seidio hybrid case and the seidio belt clip

bettter start when its new that to buy a shell later, i see it as cheap insurance
Is there a problem using the bestskinsever or InvisibleShield, full body skin with the SUPER SLIM HYBRID HARD CASE & HOLSTER COMBO- BLACKBERRY CURVE. My preference is to use both, but want to ensure it will fit inside the seidio case before ordering.

950, 957, 6710, 7100, 7210, 8700, 8300, 8310, BOLD 9000, 9800 Torch BBZ10/32GB PlayBook/32GB HP TouchPad
Closed Thread