thanks for info.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #42
daniesq

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Smile It's Definitely a Hardware Issue

Hello all,

I thought that I would share my experience with you as this error is particularly frustrating.

After doing exhaustive research, we embarked on a strategy of implementing the least-complex fixes to the most-complex fixes. We started with the battery pull, then upgraded the OS. Finally, based on what we read in this thread, we decided that we would disassemble the BlackBerry 8330 and check to see if the camera was making contact.

Upon taking apart the 8330 and examining the camera, it was clear that pieces were loose. The camera itself is a basically a small cylinder with a lens on one end that sits in a square-like enclosure. (I tried to include links to some photos of these pieces but this forum blocked me; try a search on MobiShark and BoyGenius Report for photos.) Both the left and right sides of this enclosure had slid up somewhat. In addition, the cylinder-type part was also not making contact with the circuit board. Applying gentle downward pressure with a finger was all it took to return all three parts to their intended places.

After we closed up, we tested the camera and found it to be working perfectly.

My advice is that if you're having this problem and not comfortable taking apart your BlackBerry, that you take it to a repair facility to have someone else do it. However, there are many good video tutorials on YouTube, as well as photo tutorials on Google, that will walk you through the process of taking apart a BlackBerry. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #43
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniesq View Post
Hello all,

I thought that I would share my experience with you as this error is particularly frustrating.

After doing exhaustive research, we embarked on a strategy of implementing the least-complex fixes to the most-complex fixes. We started with the battery pull, then upgraded the OS. Finally, based on what we read in this thread, we decided that we would disassemble the BlackBerry 8330 and check to see if the camera was making contact.

Upon taking apart the 8330 and examining the camera, it was clear that pieces were loose. The camera itself is a basically a small cylinder with a lens on one end that sits in a square-like enclosure. (I tried to include links to some photos of these pieces but this forum blocked me; try a search on MobiShark and BoyGenius Report for photos.) Both the left and right sides of this enclosure had slid up somewhat. In addition, the cylinder-type part was also not making contact with the circuit board. Applying gentle downward pressure with a finger was all it took to return all three parts to their intended places.

After we closed up, we tested the camera and found it to be working perfectly.

My advice is that if you're having this problem and not comfortable taking apart your BlackBerry, that you take it to a repair facility to have someone else do it. However, there are many good video tutorials on YouTube, as well as photo tutorials on Google, that will walk you through the process of taking apart a BlackBerry. Good luck!
one of the issues i was having with my 8300 was when i click on the camera i would get an error and it would close. i took it part and checked everything, but saw nothing wrong . i took a new micor sd card and droped it right in it started right up. did you try a differnt card. i could not belive it was that simple.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #44
vsg13

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I have been fighting the camera for months because it wouldn't work.

I felt like an idiot sitting there squeezing the camera, but then it worked! Pushing on the camera is the best solution, and I've tried everything (wiping the OS, changing the card, adding the updates).

I guess I never thought that something as mechanical as squeezing the camera area would make it work.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #45
keano
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Unbelivable how this press on the camera fix is the actual solution to the problem. Thanks to whoever came up with it. And I agree that if you do not success in the first place keep pressing. I also did the batterry reset as mentioned.

It makes sense because the camera stopped working after I was shaking my phone due to sand getting at it.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #46
sandeep9669

Model: 9500
Carrier: airtel
Arrow

Hi,
I solved more than 50 berries who have this problem.

Its 10000000% hardware Problem..

I will submit full solution soon.

With Images.

Last edited by sandeep9669; 07-17-2009 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: text
Old 07-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #47
Raspberry8310

Model: 8310
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep9669 View Post
Hi,
I solved more than 50 berries who have this problem.

Its 10000000% hardware Problem..

I will submit full solution soon.

With Images.
I'd just like to post my experiences with the Camera on my own 8310.
It unfortunately failed about 3 months after owning my brand new curve 8310.

Having tried the following things to no avail:

Battery pull (Numerous times)
Different and no SD cards.
Full factory wipe.(a couple of times, once with JLcommander)
an OS upgrade to latest unbranded latest OS.
Reflash back to original supplied O2 OS.
Tryied 'pushing' the camera area in.
Various other software tips and tricks that have been suggested by some to work.

Being a Toshiba certified engineer and having none of the above working and already having a crack on the outter screen due to a drop (some week or two after failed camera) and knowing that I wouldn't be able to get a warranty repair for that reason I did the following.

Opened the 8310 up, pulled the camera module, cleaned all the insides of the phone with compressed air, checked component and chip seating and replugged the camera module.

The result was still the same. "could not start the camera, please close applications and try again" error.

I do believe as sandeep9669 mentioned this is a HW failure in most instances if not then a very deep rooted firmware problem.

I notice some people have had success with other tricks and believe they have been lucky. If sandeep9669 has an alternate fix for this I for one would love to hear it.

As it stands it has put me off my blackberry somewhat and made me hesitant about making a similar future purchase and also diminished my useability of my blackberry by a large margin.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #48
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

This fix has worked for most people with this problem. As a Toshiba engineer I would think that you know that any piece of equipment can fail from cell phones to multimillion dollar sophisticated aircraft and thata few failures over millions if devices shouldn't "throw you off" from Blackberry. There are lots of new models of BB's now. I would give one of them a try.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #49
Raspberry8310

Model: 8310
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

This fix has worked for most people with this problem. As a Toshiba engineer I would think that you know that any piece of equipment can fail from cell phones to multimillion dollar sophisticated aircraft and thata few failures over millions if devices shouldn't "throw you off" from Blackberry. There are lots of new models of BB's now. I would give one of them a try.
I agree, I guess I was more frustrated as I had a collection of issues surrouning the BB. The camera for one, the other was that after an OS upgrade I was unable to alter the start home page for the BB browser, even downgrading back do to the original OS was unable(strangely) to help with this. And finally the SD card failed in the device.

This was further enhanced that I was unable to get a warranty repair on the device, granted it was through my own fault however.

It has been my first Blackberry device so just felt let down and unlucky.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #50
sandeep9669

Model: 9500
Carrier: airtel
Lightbulb

@ all,

Sorry for late Reply,

Because of Buzz Schedule.

In my service center I solved this problem many times as I told before.

As per My Knowledge ::::: >>>>

!. It is hardware Problem.

Solution :>

1. Disassemble phone - Use T-5 And T-6 Screw driver to open your phone,

2. Remove Steel ( Metal ) Cover carefully.

3. Press Camera lens with medium force.

4. Turn on Phone and ( As it is ) check if camera is working ( Approx 10-20 % Solved by this method)

P.S. - This is a Hardware problem - if your phone fail down some time then it can happen. ( Loose Contact )

5. If not solved by pressing then pull out camera lens and clean copper connector interface of lens. Fix it again and test. ( 5-10 % Solved by this method).

6. Till no luck - then you should replace your lens.
In lense there is to types ( Same lens Can used for all Pearl Curve )only difference is that there are one slot @ one side of lense - you must match that. ( 60-70 % Solved by this way) .

7. If not solved - Then I think there should problem with connection layers.
( Connection Track ) If this track is damaged in between so you cannot solved easily. ( 10 % )

P.S. - Its hardware problem.

If someone saying its software problem and if its true then it should be in last option where my guess is wrong.

Thanks. And sorry but i don't get time to take some pictures. but i will. )
Closed Thread