Joe1004
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
PIN: t of ale anyone?
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb123 View Post
Ive chatted on IRC with a few users who are on VZW and they've reported similar issues to what I experienced (although, I admit none mentioned the slow typing-to-screen response as bad as I did). I'm wondering if there is just an issue with this OS and VZW users for some reason? I know it says it works for ALL 8330, and it does operate, but when I went back to 4.5.0.89 my phone felt like lightning compared to 4.5.0.131.... Any other VZW subscribers install this OS? Comments?
I had 131 on mine and noticed the same issues. Also very flaky GPS that I posted about elsewhere.

I ended up going back to .77 so I could confirm the issues with GPS. Still flaky so now I am getting a replacement device. I am now trying to decide what OS to apply to the new device as soon as I get it! I may stick with the Alltel .89 official release instead of the Sprint release of .131.

A curious question... The Alltel .89 release and the Sprint .131 release have 8330uAMEA in the file name. The other releases I've played with and the official VZW release never had a U in it before. Any idea what the U indicates?
Old 02-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #42
bullonwall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullonwall View Post
I am d/l this now and will install and report back. I am in NJ on VZW.
Hey all, I have installed the OS and don't have any issues as of yet. Although, like someone else mentioned, when you bring it out of sleep mode by pushing the trackball, there is a fraction of a second delay, but other than that, I haven't run into any issues. I will keep a close eye just in case.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #43
anuragemani

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Reliance India Mobile

Hii.... Am from India and on the CDMA network with Reliance Communications cud i too try out the OS update ......any suggestions ......
Old 02-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #44
TJJJJM
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: no way!
Carrier: Sprint
Smile the Vlingo app , I have questions

Hi all, Id' like some advice from you guys outthere.... I downloaded an app called Vlingo onto my BB Curve 8330 Red, but it says here in order to fully use it, I have to give 3rd party permissions. what does this mean? Will I be charged additional for using this? I have unlimited data, where I have unlimited email, unlimited texts, unlimited internet, etc with no phone plan as I am profoundly hearing impaire.d This app enables your voice to type the words for you instead of typing it, which sounded cool! but I need to know if I should allow permission for 3rd party and if I will be charged additional even though I have unlimited data? any help would be appreciate. Please email to me privately so I can notified that someone answered to this post. thanks!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #45
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930

It means that you have to give the application permission to access different things on your phone. It's just a security measure. Since you intentionally installed the program and presumably know where it came from, then there's no problem giving the application access to your phone.

You have unlimited data (which typically means a 5GB cap) so you won't have any issues with it.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #46
ALime
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 31A1FDAF
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Why can't I upgrade?

I am running V4.5.0.77 on my device. Why can't I upgrade? I downloaded the software, installed it, and then opened desktop software. It says no software available for my device. Any help I would appreciate it.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #47
Oditius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: US Cellular

Why? Why must I update every time it's updated here? Oh my, my... Nothing was wrong with my BB the way it was. But it doesn't fail, there is an update and I HAVE to spend the 30 minutes updating it. I think I am addicted to this. Is there a BBUA? (Blackberry Update Anonymous)
Old 02-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #48
chargersfan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb123 View Post
Any other VZW subscribers install this OS? Comments?
Definite lag issues for me as well, and I too am on VZW. The sleep to wake lag is really long, even using the spacebar trick. The other lag issues are definitely there for me too. The speaker blast is less of an issue for me now because I would rather have that 1 second blast every so often as opposed to the lag every time I use the BB. So it looks like this may be the first time I downgrade from a latest release.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #49
kjjb0204
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALime View Post
I am running V4.5.0.77 on my device. Why can't I upgrade? I downloaded the software, installed it, and then opened desktop software. It says no software available for my device. Any help I would appreciate it.
you have to delete the vendor.xml file if you're loading another carrier's os.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #50
iamthesaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaxvi View Post
MMS is showing up but I cannot get it to send, I resent service books and trying again.

Sent service books and tried again, not working for me, I just get a red X and it won't send.
I was able to send MMS(picture with a voice note). I don't like that when I (or we) receive picture texts you still have to click on a link to view the media.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #51
iamthesaga

I still am not getting HTML in my emails. I have 2 email accounts, a blackberry address and a hotmail one. Neither do HTML. I hate all the damn links. I thought the new update was supposed to fix this. Am I wrong?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #52
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Did you 1) re-register your Host Routing Table, 2) resend your Service Books, and 3) enable HTML for each mail account in the Email Settings on your phone?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #53
bryanparke
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthesaga View Post
I was able to send MMS(picture with a voice note). I don't like that when I (or we) receive picture texts you still have to click on a link to view the media.
I may not be correct in this situation, I don't have Sprint, so I apologize if you already have tried this. With T-Mobile I used to have the same problem, whenever I received an MMS it would just contain a link to my "album" -- however, I found that i had to send an MMS to myself from myself and then it "updated" something in the provisioning to let the network know that I was an MMS enabled phone - after that, all my pictures came thru as pictures instead of links.

Hope you get it all worked out, was a sure frustration when i was going thru the same thing.

Regards.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #54
iamthesaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
Did you 1) re-register your Host Routing Table, 2) resend your Service Books, and 3) enable HTML for each mail account in the Email Settings on your phone?
I re-registered the HRT. I resent the service books. I don't see an option to enable HTML in the email settings though.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #55
iamthesaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanparke View Post
I may not be correct in this situation, I don't have Sprint, so I apologize if you already have tried this. With T-Mobile I used to have the same problem, whenever I received an MMS it would just contain a link to my "album" -- however, I found that i had to send an MMS to myself from myself and then it "updated" something in the provisioning to let the network know that I was an MMS enabled phone - after that, all my pictures came thru as pictures instead of links.

Hope you get it all worked out, was a sure frustration when i was going thru the same thing.

Regards.
I tried it. Didn't work. I think it's a Sprint thing. Thanks anyway!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #56
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthesaga View Post
I re-registered the HRT. I resent the service books. I don't see an option to enable HTML in the email settings though.
In a Message List, press the Menu button. Select Option, then Email Settings.

For each email address listed, look next to Enable HTML Email and select Yes. Repeat for all email addresses for which you wish to have HTML email.

Note that sometimes you have to send the Service Books a few times for the HTML setting to appear in the menu.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #57
iamthesaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
In a Message List, press the Menu button. Select Option, then Email Settings.

For each email address listed, look next to Enable HTML Email and select Yes. Repeat for all email addresses for which you wish to have HTML email.

Note that sometimes you have to send the Service Books a few times for the HTML setting to appear in the menu.
The setting did pop up and it is enabled. I'm still getting links in my emails. I'll try sending the books again and just wait on it. Let me know if you know of anything else.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #58
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

A couple other things about HTML email.

1. It only applies to emails that you receive from now on not to existing emails on the device.
2. Externally linked images will ALWAYS have to be manually retrieved. It's a security setting. Images that are embedded in the email will be automatically displayed if you have that enabled in your Email Settings.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #59
iamthesaga

My phone is properly working. Thanks for the help and the tips!
Old 02-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #60
JackG058
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ney for your thoughts

I've been loving this new upgrade until yesterday, when I had occasion for the first time to use GPS. I've used GPS multiple times without issue on the older 4.3 release for Sprint. Yesterday on the newer 4.5.0.131 I dropped multiple times from GPS on Sprint Telenav, with a message popping up saying that there was no gps satellite in the available in the area. I've never received this before, and it made it useless to me. I tested this last night stationary at home. I started up Sprint TeleNav and selected the route used previously in the day, and it acquired a satellite. However, just sitting there after a few minutes the GPS dropped again. I then saw the same issue on BB Maps. Any suggestions? Should I try a reload? I've got the pre-release version installed but I understood from the beta testers that this is the identical release out now. Also I did a complete wipe with JLCmdr prior to installing this release. I may just go back to 4.3 but I really don't wish to.
Closed Thread