Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
bamorris2

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Duplicate Calendar entries when syncing with Google Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

I am not using DeskTop Manager, nor Outlook. I use a Google Calendar with Google Sync. The problem that I'm having is that whenever it syncs, it duplicates all my entires. I've tried completely deleting my BB calendar events and disabling Google Sync. Once I set it back up, it's fine, with no duplicate entries. But once it syncs again, then the duplicates again show up.

I've spent considerable time here searching for this problem, but every "duplicate calendar entry" threat that I see is related to syncing with Outlook, and requires deleting BB calendar events with DTManager.

Anyone have a solution to my situation?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
Raptor464
Kid Tested. Mom Approved.

Model: 9700
PIN: eapple under the sea
Carrier: T-mobile USA

Make sure that calender you are google syncing with is your default calender. Check this by going to options>advanced options>default services.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
bamorris2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor464 View Post
Make sure that calender you are google syncing with is your default calender. Check this by going to options>advanced options>default services.
Yup, I've verified that. It is set as my default calendar, as it is my ONLY calendar.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
bamorris2

After reading some "help" info on Google Sync, I followed their instructions and signed out of Google Sync, and re-setup the sync process. We'll see if it works...
Old 11-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
cashewst

Default Duplicate Calendar Entries - Google

I'm having the same issue - posting this topic on two sites now! I only use one Google calendar and now have THREE entries. Argh!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #6
ejmccartin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

similar problem, everytime I synced with google calender I'd get multiples. I had to remove all appointments from the handheld, then delete the CICAL service books for everything but gmail (the email I wanted all appts associated). only then did I resync with my google calender and its been fine so far - knock on wood
Old 11-11-2008, 05:53 AM   #7
Darmichar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Alltel

If you are having multiple email addresses pushed to your BB, for whatever reason the Google Calendar sync will create an entry in the calendar for each address.

I went to my BIS site, turned off all addresses but my blackberry email address and haven't had a problem with the sync since. I just use the Gmail app now instead of having it pushed to my phone.

I would love for someone to figure out why it does this and offer an explanation/fix. I couldn't figure out why it did it, and would love to be able to have my Gmail pushed to my phone again.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:55 AM   #8
ejmccartin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmichar View Post
If you are having multiple email addresses pushed to your BB, for whatever reason the Google Calendar sync will create an entry in the calendar for each address....
not true.

I've got three email addresses pushed and I do sync with google calender and after the first mess it made it is all running fine, no duplicates.

the problem I was having was more the handheld randomly assigning the appointments with different emails or a non-existent "default" account. then when syncing it would create the duplicates because it would think it was from a different account. once I removed all calender entries, removed the calender service books and made sure the calender default was gmail I have not had any problems. even after resending all service books back to the handheld.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #9
wake83

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default All Day Events?

I was having duplicates show when I was creating All Day Events in my calendars. Birthdays would show up on the day of the birthday and the day after, etc, it was a mess. I have since gone to creating appointments for specific time periods and not allowing any full-day events to happen. Birthday's run from 1AM - 11PM, for instance. I sync with outlook, bb and google, and all is well so far.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #10
Darmichar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Alltel

So it was actually creating one entry for the Google calendar then duplicating it in the BB calendar and placing that in the Google calendar as well?

All I knew was I was getting duplicate entries for the same event, each with a different email address, reducing to one email address solved the problem.