BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #61
Monica Mouse

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

I've been closely following this thread since I just bought the 8330. I must say, the responses are at once helpful and overwhelming since everyone has their preferences associated with a specific model. After going to Amazon and also reading their reviews, I bought the Plantronics 925 and Jawbone 2 was a close second. I guess I liked what they said about having charging flexibility, no over the ear piece and someone who is on conference calls a lot (like me) had no echo or audio isses. Again, could be the specific phone pairing with the piece. Regardless, when I get it and use it I'll be happy to report back. I've never used bluetooth, so I won't be able to compare it to previous experiences. Thanks for all of the input - it's been very helpful!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #62
Bruce-YVR
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Bold
Carrier: FIDO

I had Original Jawbone / Plantronics 885/ 925/ Jabra JX-10 etc.... Jawbone is the best....... and I am getting the NEW Jawbone in a few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #63
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
+1. I just got the newest model and it is simply phenomenal. I also took a Jabra eargel and it fits even better.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #64
MBW

Model: 8110
Carrier: AT&T

fter reading what you guys had to say about the Jawbone 2, I had Aliph send me one for review and put it through some paces.

It's a little more comfortable than I expected, not that you care about that. The "Noise Assassin" feature, as I anticipated, hurt in as many situations as it helped - not that it didn't effectively bring my voice into audibility - but that it could sometimes create a distracting gargle from some kinds of background noise (like a radio playing loudly) that were distracting enough to make what I was saying less discernible.

My unannounced test message, by the way, was a few lines from Jabberwocky.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #65
PCgirl

Model: iP 4S
Default Aliph Jawbone ROCKS!!!

I just got my Jawbone 2 today and I am charging it right now! I originally had the Jawbone 1 and LOVED the sound quality and zero noise. My husband was going to get one as well but when we found out about the J2, he said he would get me the J2 and use my old J1.

One gripe with the J1 was that none of the included earbuds fit my small ears at all but I bought the Jabra replacement mini-gels and they fit great. The J1 round earbuds fit my husband's ears perfectly so I'm going to use the Jabra ear gels for my new J2.

The other gripe is that the charger isn't a universal mini-usb so you always have to have that specific cord with you instead of just the one multi-purpose charger for all your gadgets (we had one charger good for both our BB's and our moto H700's).

My J2 is done charging so after I pair it with my BB and try it out, I will update.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #66
louch6
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfandstrum View Post
The Curve 8310 and the Jawbone 2 pair up easily and I'm one of the advocates of the JB2...So far so great after a week of use...I'm now looking for a case for the JB2...Any guidance would be greatly appreciated...
I am looking for a case for my Jawbone 2 too. If you find something worthwhile can you let me know please?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:13 AM   #67
PCgirl

I am officially in love with my new Jawbone 2! It paired easily with my 8320 (it goes into pairing mode automatically the first time it is turned on) and the smaller (than the J1) size makes this the perfect BT headset! I use my Jabra ear gels instead of one of the three that were included. It is so lightweight and the earhook doesn't get caught in my hair (four are included in the box).

I am a very happy girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCgirl View Post
I just got my Jawbone 2 today and I am charging it right now! I originally had the Jawbone 1 and LOVED the sound quality and zero noise. My husband was going to get one as well but when we found out about the J2, he said he would get me the J2 and use my old J1.

One gripe with the J1 was that none of the included earbuds fit my small ears at all but I bought the Jabra replacement mini-gels and they fit great. The J1 round earbuds fit my husband's ears perfectly so I'm going to use the Jabra ear gels for my new J2.

The other gripe is that the charger isn't a universal mini-usb so you always have to have that specific cord with you instead of just the one multi-purpose charger for all your gadgets (we had one charger good for both our BB's and our moto H700's).

My J2 is done charging so after I pair it with my BB and try it out, I will update.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:11 AM   #68
PCgirl

I'm not sure what kind of case you are looking for but I use a small zippered key and change holder from Louis Vuitton (also called a "cles") and usually attach it to the D-ring inside any of my purses so it is easily accessible. Some women hang these cles accesories on the outside of their bags as charms/decoration.

Guys use these as well (for ID, credit cards, etc.) and can attach them to belt loops, backpacks, laptop cases or carry them in their pockets. Coach has a similar zip case called a skinny mini.

HTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louch6 View Post
I am looking for a case for my Jawbone 2 too. If you find something worthwhile can you let me know please?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #69
ukulele_ninja

Model: 9700

Jawbone 1 days three and four:

Still giving it a humble 5 out of 10 while I wait on my jabra and j2 to arrive.

A new gripe with the j2 is the proprietary charger which makes it impossible to charge from my computer which I do with all of my electronic devices. I don't like carrying the extra charger when I travel.

I used the j1 at a press conference yesterday and it worked decent but while inside talking at a room level voice my boss had a hard time hearing that I was saying. Ended up switching to the handset and ditching the headset.

My other gripe is my phone has a hard time breaking the connection with the headset unless I manually turn off the bt connection. Turning off the headset will turn it off momentarily, but sync back up moments later. In essence, its frustrating.

So all in all the sound quality is steller but I'm failing to see how the j1 lives up to the incredible amount of 'hype' that surrounds.this headset. I'm curious to see how the j2 fares...
Old 06-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #70
ttowles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930

Aliph Jawbone is by far the best. WHen I am driving with it, nobody knows I am even in the car.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #71
arieltf

Model: Z10
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

If anyone wants to get a black Jawbone 1 (the first one, not the new Jawbone 2), Amazon is selling it for $59.99 (free shipping)!

--Ariel
Old 06-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #72
llxtheonexll

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

The link goes says its 149.99 and currently unavailable. I just got one from best buy for 119.99. Was a birthday present.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #73
ukulele_ninja

Model: 9700

The jabra came last night so I got it charged up and took it for a spin this morning. So here we go!

Jabra 250 review day one:
Total score=7 out of 10

Fantastic first day with the jabra! I only caught a few glaring dislikes, first being the proprietary charger which is a two piece deal where the charger plugs into a 'cradle' for the headset. This would be manageable, except you can't plug the charger into the headset without the cradle which is really dumb.

The supplied ear gels are comfortable and unobtrusive in the ear. Since the headset goes completely behind the ear, there's zero preasure on your actual ear canal. The headset is very comfortable and after having it on all afternoon I had no issues with needing to readjust or worry about it falling off my ear. Also, no one has seemed to notice that I'm even wearing it since barely any of the headset is visible. This cuts back on stares of people trying to figure out wjats growing in ur ear and replaces it with 'what's he talking to?' Stares.

Sound quality is not as crisp as the j1 on the users end, but still is eons better than any motorola or other bt I have used. There was a little static in a few spots, but other than that it was good. On my listeners end, I have yet to have a single person say anything about background noise or echo. My gf actually said the quality is better than the actual handset which says a lot. The other 7 or 8 people I talked to on it had no complaints.

Ill be putting it through the same routine I did with the j1 so I will keep you all posted. My j2 should be here on tuesday.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #74
Netspeed

Model: 8310

I was really looking forward to the Jawbone 2 after reading all these posts. I clicked on the link to their website....what an ugly device! Who does their industrial design? Monster Garage? Did they get a deal on diamond plate metal that they had to use?

Last edited by Netspeed; 06-09-2008 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #75
jswriter

Carrier: 9530 returned :-( back to 8320

Well, my second Jawbone 2 arrived this morning. I charged it, paired it with my BB 8320, placed a call... CALL FAILED. I'm having the exact same problem as I wrote about a few days ago (see the first post at the top of this page). I'm using a new 8320, too. Could my SIM or micro SD card be the source of my problem? I just don't get it because everyone else here has no problem using the J2 + 8320.

Last edited by jswriter; 06-09-2008 at 01:14 PM..
Old 06-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #76
jswriter

Carrier: 9530 returned :-( back to 8320

It's the WiFi!!!!!!!

My 8320's problem with the J2 is the WiFi. I found out by leaving my loft to get the mail. As I got to the mailbox a call came in and sounded excellent. Stunned, I placed a few calls and all of them worked perfectly. I noticed that the WiFi indicator was off and I was on T-Mobile's network. When I returned to my loft I placed a call when the WiFi turned on. All the problems recurred. Turn off WiFi and the J2 works great.

So... WiFi was one of the main reasons I bought the 8320. If I want to use my J2, I can't use the WiFi on my 8320. Anyone with an 8320 have this problem?

UPDATE: After some experimentation, I don't have to turn off WiFi to allow the J2 to work with my 8320. All I have to do is set my Mobile Network Options > Connection Preference to Mobile Network Preferred. If I set it to WiFi Preferred, the J2 won't work. That's some effed up stuff.

Last edited by jswriter; 06-09-2008 at 03:45 PM..
Closed Thread