BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #21
jonesy1530

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

Please Login to Remove!

My blackberry curve is doing the constant reset loop thing. Can anyone tell me the fastest way to get it back up and running? Thx!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #22
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy1530 View Post
My blackberry curve is doing the constant reset loop thing. Can anyone tell me the fastest way to get it back up and running? Thx!
Something to try is to attach to the computer, pull up app loader, and just keep trying it until it catches the BB at the right point. It may stop rebooting and then load the OS. I got mine to do that, but gave up too soon. Tried only twice, but then someone else posted about getting it to load after a few more attempts.

Mine was stuck at the "waiting for device to initialize." It would keep rebooting. But if you can, give it several tries. I tried using jl_cmder after that but when that didn't work 2 times, I entered the wrong password for it to erase and that killed the phone for good. Should have tried that several more times as well, since after that there was another post about jl_cmnder working on the 4th try or something.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 01-06-2008, 12:44 AM   #23
Curved Scuba

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Next time that happens try this:
Keep pressing on the power off switch during the cycle. It should turn off and stay off. Then connect to BB manager via USB and reset the phone.
Happened to be when I tried to sign up on a 802.11n network. It's a bug with the 8320 as well.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #24
yparlor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: At&T

I had a similar issue with my Blackberry 8100. It went into an endless reset loop and the only way I could stop it would be to just remove the battery. Luckily, I was able to take mine into AT&T and they provided a replacement unit for me. Didn't realize it was a common problem as the people at the store were no help for me...
Old 03-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #25
wapiscrap

Model: 7290
Carrier: vodafone
Default Help!

Is there a quick fix for the continuous reboot loop problem?

I'm currently travelling and don't have my regular laptop. I won't be back home for at least another week and I really need this thing working... I tried to connect to a 802.11n network (which I have managed to do in the past before) and it just rebooted and now will always reboot.

What can I do? Please help...

Thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #26
wapiscrap

Model: 7290
Carrier: vodafone

So, I worked out my quick fix...

I just powered down the 802.11n access point and rebooted my Curve and it was fine...

What an absolutely bizzare thing to happen... for such a simple function...

Is there an updated OS that fixes this bug?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #27
cyberpyr8
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
I just powered down the 802.11n access point and rebooted my Curve and it was fine...
My phone did that same thing with the N router. I was fine until I wiped the BB and tried to reconnect it to my N router. I had a post on here about it and was told it was a known issue. I hope they fix the OS soon to resolve this.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:09 AM   #28
m2fong

Carrier: rogers
Default Unable to reconnect to the device during the multi-stage load operation.

I had the exact same problem. JL_CMDER couldnt pick it up. Tried maybe 5-6 times. So i tried App Loader via command prompt. It starts then Fails after Reconnecting to JVM process. Then get the error "Unable to reconnect to the device during the multi-stage load operation"

tried with DM 4.3 as well and it didnt work. I'm ready to chuck this thing out the window. Do you know if they said it was a hardware issue Hobbesgsr? Amsterdave? I'm going to try on a different pc, to see if it makes a difference.. but if not.. i'm going to use this thing as a coaster.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:26 PM   #29
chrisbimmermd

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile / 4.2.2 OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbesgsr View Post
JL_CMDER can't connect as the BB keeps rebooting every 20 seconds. 5 seconds of black screen with the red LED, then 15 seconds of the hourglass.

Blackberry Desktop Application Loader fails for the same reason.
mine works fine when plugged to the computer; the problem only started when I took Blackberry Desktop's advice and upgraded the OS. I even tried reinstalling it and WASTED ALL F***ING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #30
racs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone (NL)
Default REboot problem

I had the problem that it kept rebooting also so I couldnt use the app loader. Bought a new battery and now the led keep red but cant get past the jvm thing. And the only thing you find is that the usb has not enough power, how much does it needs then a billion or wat how much where is the solution about the usb. I tried 5 desktops and 3 laptops and none are working, Am I going crazy or wat.

What I think that this is a problem of BB and that they have to come with a solution. Otherwise I'm going to use a Nokia or HTC and i will tell everybody that the BB sucks. But I love the phone so let us all email BB with the prob.

?????? Anybody in for this.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #31
SikEnCide

Carrier: AT&T

I have a blackberry 8310 it endless rebooted . I tried JL commander and BB Desktop Manager even with the "loader.exe /nojvm" option.
The manager starts the process of erasing the handheld be freezes halfway through then after a few hours fails and says a fatal error has occurred. I have tried this process with the battery in and out and I get the same thing. I really do not want to buy a new phone can anyone help?
Closed Thread