BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:42 AM   #1
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default What's up with PocketMac's Lauren?

Please Login to Remove!

Is anyone getting these awkwardly personal email type things from "PocketMac's Lauren?" I got one with a bizzare apology about Windows Mobile the other day, and I just got one about her new year's resolution. I haven't got one with an explanation of why PM4 doesn't work though.
-roccit.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
ewh01
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: The Big V
Unhappy I am getting them, too

I guess somewhere we "signed up" for their newsletters. I agree, nothing worthwhile in there yet.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #3
amlis_vess

Model: 7100i
Default I'm getting them too. boo!

Glad I'm not the only one then. I was getting worried.

These emails are totally useless so far. I guess that's just par for the course.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #4
dgray8
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

yeah i get them too....i think it had to do w/ signing up for updates from PocketMac
Old 02-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Glad to see others are sharing the pain. I just thing the messages are kinda creepy,
"I'm going to tell you my secret New Year's resolution. I've shared it with my co-workers, and I'm going to tell you right now..."
"I messed up and am sorry..."

I feel like an old GF is stalking me.
roccit.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
amlis_vess

Model: 7100i

At least an old GF *might* listen if you complained that her software wasn't working for you.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
ewh01

Wink Something Useful!!!

Finally something useful from Lauren! Just got a note about the daylight savings time switch and an available patch
Old 02-17-2007, 07:59 AM   #8
ewh01

Mea Culpa! I thought this was news, but alas, only to me. I hadn't seen the other DST posts. Sorry
Old 02-19-2007, 04:21 AM   #9
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

ewh01--
No no. I had the same reaction.
roccit.

NOTE: Lauren. If you're listening, please, keep the messages on the straight and keep out the strange friendlyness-ish-ness.

Last edited by roccitman; 02-27-2007 at 02:08 AM..
Old 02-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #10
LaurenPocketMac

Model: Pearl
Default Lauren: Here and in the flesh...

Hi,

This is Lauren from PocketMac. Another customer forwarded this thread to me.

Thanks for constructive criticism. Any other suggestions on the e-newsletters we send out? I'll be grateful for any suggestions.

Also I understand that you've had some problems with PocketMac for BlackBerry. Can you tell me what those issues are? Also unfortunately with this system, I don't have your individual contact information. Have you been able to get help through our tech support system? As you probably know, there are 2 places to get technical help:

One is with RIM and the other is at our site. Unfortunately I can't post URLs yet on the system but please visit the PocketMac site for more URLs.

Thanks,

Lauren
PocketMac
Old 02-27-2007, 02:03 AM   #11
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wow, thanks for jumping into the fray. Check out some of the other threads on this forum:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-...-sept2005.html
http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-...w-up-date.html
http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-...-contacts.html
And check out the forums at MarketCircle.
Feel free to PM any of us and post away.

Honestly, it works about 75% of the time for me. I had to turn off sync for stickies and tasks though because it kept messing them up and about every three times I sync one or two of my calendar items come up totally missing with no warning about deleteing them. And /every/ time I sync I get messages about items being deleted on my Mac or on my BB and would I like to restore them. These are things that I have not edited and have not recently added. Can't explain it.

Glad you're here, I know we all hope you can help.
-roccit.

p.s. Can you tell us what the relationship is between RIM and PM?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:44 PM   #12
jeffmcclan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Lauren,

Just wanted to provide additional feedback in case you are reading:

PM 4.0 was unstable at best when it worked for a brief time with my BB8100 (duplicate contacts, phone numbers would disappear, conflicting time zones on calendar entries, etc). Then PM4.0 would not even startup. Several removals and reinstalls did not help. Contacting PM and RIM via tech support email did not result in any replies (it appears that neither PM or RIM support 4.0).

In fairness, I had mixed success with PM3.6 with my previous BB7100. It appeared that version 3.6 actually received some testing before release. Tech support was just as poor with no email responses and noone answering the phone.

I am now evaluating Missing Synch's beta software today (hopefully their beta will be stable with the 8100). The tech support has to be better than PM's. My suggestion for those trying PM4.0 - backup all your data frequently as it may be awhile until you notice data corruption.

Last edited by jeffmcclan; 02-28-2007 at 01:08 AM..
Old 02-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #13
LaurenPocketMac

Model: Pearl

Hi Roccit and Jeff,

Thanks for letting me know you are having trouble syncing.

In general the Deletion Detected window comes up when PocketMac compares what is on your device (or Mac) with what is in the backup files from the last time you synced. If they don't match up, PocketMac thinks you may have removed the item on purpose, and asks for your confirmation. Occasionally, this can result in duplicate entries. Has that happened to you?

I can tell you is that other users have reported problems directly to our
support team and RIM's support team, and so we have created an update to
handle various improvements. RIM is in the process of testing that update
now.

Which leads me to your second question: the relationship between RIM and
PocketMac is this: rather than try to reinvent a wheel that was already
working very well for many users, RIM elected to license PocketMac for
BlackBerry.

We continue to work very closely to jointly decide the feature-set of future
releases. We know that there are many features users like yourself have
requested, and we will get to as many of them as we can, as quickly as we
can.

That said, I acknowledge that this process is sometimes slower than we'd all like, but there is a rigorous quality control process in place, which
ensures that everything has been very thoroughly examined and inspected
prior to being released.

I know there are a few updates & features coming soon, just as quickly as we can get them tested and released to you.

Thanks for the great feedback!

Lauren
PocketMac Team
Old 03-03-2007, 11:51 PM   #14
marksponsler

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Okay. So, Lauren, are you going to support PM from this forum? Will you actually answer questions?

I bought your program in July of 05 because your company advertised it as able to sync with Daylite. I have yet to get it to work. Your tech support is abysmal. The average turnaround on email support has been somewhere around 30 days. I have sent database to your tech support three different times. My last contact from your tech "Steve Z" was 12/1/06. He asked again for a copy of my database. I posted it to .mac and gave him the address. Daylite syncs the calendar, but contact syncing results in error: [07:13:17.022] An unexpected error has occurred: *** -[NSNull bytes]: selector not recognized [self = 0xa07ba218]

Any help you can give would be appreciated.
Mark
Old 03-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #15
lolafilm

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenPocketMac
Hi,

This is Lauren from PocketMac. Another customer forwarded this thread to me.

Thanks for constructive criticism. Any other suggestions on the e-newsletters we send out? I'll be grateful for any suggestions.

Also I understand that you've had some problems with PocketMac for BlackBerry. Can you tell me what those issues are? Also unfortunately with this system, I don't have your individual contact information. Have you been able to get help through our tech support system? As you probably know, there are 2 places to get technical help:

One is with RIM and the other is at our site. Unfortunately I can't post URLs yet on the system but please visit the PocketMac site for more URLs.

Thanks,

Lauren
PocketMac
Hi Lauren,

I could really use your help. Here's the email I sent to BlackBerry today. Hav tried the Forums but no luck. Any suggestions?

Hello,

I've been a PocketMac for Blackberry user for some time now.

The last time I attempted a sync, everything apparently went correctly (although I got the error message I always get about not being able to back-up to iDisk database -- that happens every time but nothing has worked to fix it) but when I checked my iCal none of the appointments I created on my Blackberry had been transferred. I used SyncClean to clear all the files, but now when I attempt a sync the application quits before a sync can happen. What should I do?

Thanks very much,
Matthew
Closed Thread