Old 11-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #81
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activator
Mac gets the short stick with all this stuff, but you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!!!
HA. Agreed!
Old 12-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #82
DCT

Model: Pearl
Thumbs down

Since there is nothing else that will synch my Blackberry Pearl (8100) with my Macintosh (G5 PowerPC Dual, 2.5GHz,4GB SDRAM), I never thought I would write a review where I was "glad" to finally have an application that sometimes (rarely) works.

The USB connection has a mind of it's own and needs to be plugged in and out several times before it finally takes (IF it takes). Yes, I plug the USB cable directly into the G5 and not a USB hub,

This software is very temperamental (I consider it to be alpha... not yet beta), and where I have other applications that I may need to force quit at times, this is the ONLY application that crashes my G5! Keep Diskwarrior or your original Tiger install CD/DVD with Disk Utility by your side... you'll need it.

Where are all the shareware developers for a Blackberry synch that actually works?
Old 01-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #83
h2o

Model: 8703e
Exclamation Syncing PocketMac 4.0 with "Now Contact"

We are unable to successfully sync our "Now Conact" software (Now up-to-date and Contact) to our BlackBerry 8703e. The "Calendar" portion of NUTD&C syncs but not the "Contacts." I read somewhere that we need a 'patch' for PocketMac 4.0 in order for this to work. I emailed PocketMac weeks ago and still no response. Has anyone had the same issues? Any suggestions on getting PocketMac 4.0 and NUTD&C 5.3 to sync with our Mac?

Thanks,
Jason
Old 01-05-2007, 12:28 AM   #84
joirhone
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default It seems pocketmac is frying my Pearl!

All of a sudden I started getting the app error 523. The phone becamse totally useless. It happened right after I did a sync with Pocket mac. Pocketmac has worked fine before. Tmobile sent a replacement phone. I went to sync and guess what -- after the sync I got an app error 523 screen. I wiped the OS, reinstalled the OS. I downloaded a fresh copy of Pocketmac and guess what -- you got it, app error 523. I am totally frustrated!!!! I use Daylite and without being able to sync, my Pearl will become a pretty brick :(
Old 01-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #85
griffjnr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800f
Carrier: Orange UK

I got so frustrated trying to get PM to sync with my pearl that I did something I swore I would never do...I bought XP for dual boot on my iMac. Now I have no problems but I would have prefered to have mac software that works.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #86
tlreynolds

Model: 7130e
Default PocketMac 4 vs 3 Problems

I upgraded to PocketMac 4 and have lost the ability to sync to Now Up To Date. What gives? Is there a patch or something out there? I would gladly go back to 3.whatever but it was automatically deleted in the install and I can't find an older version on the web.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #87
busterkat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmo
Default pocketmac 4 is a piece of crap

pocketmac 4 is a piece of crap

8320/TMO/4.2.0.71/Plantronics-BB 655/BIS/Mac/PC/MissingSync
Old 01-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #88
joeoak

Model: 7130
Default Big pocketmac problems

I used it for about 3 weeks and everything worked fine. Then my BB crashed and Verizon replaced it. I got the second one and it crashed. They replaced this one also but told me if I have the problem again I'm on my own.

I will have to sync with the pc for now I guess the new software isn't ready yet?

Joe
Old 02-06-2007, 08:55 AM   #89
bawl

Default Tasks...PocketMac...and iCal

Ok, so I realize the general sentiment towards PocketMac and their product is not all that positive. Having tried to go through their customer support with zero response, I am apt to agree, but it's all I've got right now, so...

when I sync my 8700, all my dated tasks, whether they are due today or a year from now, register as due tomorrow in iCal. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #90
genecx

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

In the past week, I have not been able to sync iCal tasks and calendar with my 8700. I tried syncclean, reinstalled pocketmac, with no success. I even tried an older version of pocketmac - same crappy results.

If I don't get this problem resolved by next week, it looks like I'll be getting a Treo.....
Old 02-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #91
RollingDonut

Model: 8100C
PIN: Say what?

I've held out on using PocketMac - even if it's free (the horror stories have scared me off). I'm waiting on Markspace to release their version of Missing Sync for the Blackberry in hopes that it works better than our current option.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #92
theatregirl26

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Talking Pearl and PocketMac 4.0...HELP!

Hi all,

Before I start, please bare with me. I am mostly a PC user. The person I am supporting is a Mac user. We have a new Pearl. They use Now Up-to-Date for their Calendaring. That is the reason we ended up with PocketMac, although after reading all of the posts, it looks like it may be the only choice at the moment.

What is happening is the computer is not freezing up on her, even though the program is not syncing. I could be another programs or something else going on within the Mac itself, but the issue only started after we installed PM on the machine. The first day we installed it, it worked great. The person with the phone went out of town for a week. When they came back, they tried to sync again and it wouldn't sync, along with not shutting down or having to force quit Now Up-to-Date. We thought we fixed that issue, but then it would not sync. So I unistalled and reinstalled PM for it to sync fine but the computer crapped out again. I am really not sure what to think. After reading many posts from many different forums I am finding this is a common occurance.

I have also tried to get help from PM with no luck. I know other have had this issue on this forum. Does anyone have an suggestions?

Also, some have talking about iSync. Do you need PM if you use iSync or can you just sync the Blackberry using iSyc? I know Now Up-to-Date does not sync with iSync, but we may be able to talk them into changing from NUTD is we don't need to use PM. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #93
mr_kitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

as for the having to force quit/hard boot the machine search for "pcscd" and you'll find the relevant information.

pocketmac isn't near as robust as it's advertised to be. several people have reported that it doesn't sync with NOW at all.

iSync does not sync to blackberries at all.

MissingSync ( Mac-to-Mac Synchronization, OS X Sync for Palm OS, Windows Mobile 5, Smartphone, Pocket PC, BlackBerry & Sony PSP ) has a product on the way, that hopefully will be much better than pocketmac. i'm not sure of their NOW support.

You might want to see if you can set NOW to sync with SyncServices. That will put the contact & calendar changes into Addressbook / iCal, which PocketMac sometimes will sync. (I recommend the pcscd hack for stability, tho)
Old 03-06-2007, 02:56 PM   #94
klowy

NOW does not support sync services at this time. A new version will. Syncing NOW Contact works, but the folks at Pocketmac have not fixed the calendar sync yet. I have been in contact with them (off and on). After they sent the last beta (a month ago) and i told them it worked on one machine and not on another, they stopped emailing me. I guess they are stumped and simply not up to the task. I hope the folks at RIM aren't paying them anything.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 AM   #95
elblankoberry

Model: 8700
Default Unsyncable fields

Hi there,

Here are the fields you can and cant use in "apple Address Book"
Hope this helps... I have e-mailed pocketmac about this.
Good luck!

Title: Y
First: Y
Last: Y
Email: (as many as i want) Y
Company: Y
Job title: Y
Work: Y
Work 2: NA
Home: Y
Home 2: NA
Mobile: Y
Pager: Y
Fax: Y
Other: Y
Pin: Y
Work Address:
Address 1: Y
Address 2: NA
City: Y
State/prov: Y
Zip Postal Code: Y
HOME address:
Address 1: Y
Address 2: NA
City: Y
State/prov: Y
Zip Postal Code: Y
Categories: Y
Web page: NA
User 1: NA
User 2: NA
User 3: NA
User 4: NA
Notes: Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberet
My husband and I bought BBs only after we heard that there was new software out there to sync it with Macs - PocketMac. In fact, we each paid for the program in January (even though one purchase was good for two users), just to offer support for the company we thought of as the little guys making the world better for Mac Users. Boy, were we wrong. They've made my world worse and offered no (tech) support in return.

I've had the erratic syncing problems, the deletion of phone numbers problems, the changing of labels problems, and the horrendous tech support problems (like no response for three weeks, and then one that doesn't even answer the question asked!) that some other users here have had. In fact, here is the first line of the last (also useless) e-mail I got from tech support: " I know the current version of PocketMac for BlackBerry has some bugs to work out." It goes on to say the next version should have "a much smoother user experience". By the time it comes out, though, I hope SyncAgain from EpiCad comes out with its standalone software so I never have to deal with PocketMac again.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #96
theatregirl26

Carrier: ATT
Default iCal and PocketMac

Has anyone out there had issues with PocketMac syncing back and forth with iCal. I can make it sync if I only sync from the computer to the Blackberry, but when I try to sync both ways, it either doesn't do it, or doubles up. I have been working with this person for a while on this. First they had Now Up-To-Date. We finally gave up on that and switched them to iCal, but syncing with that isn't going well. I am not getting any errors or notices that items are about to duplicate or that it is going to delete from one or add to the other. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #97
busterkat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Missing Sync

I have been using the Missing Sync beta with good results.

The Missing Sync for BlackBerry - Synchronize Mac OS X and BlackBerry

Old 03-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #98
ibrg
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkat
I have been using the Missing Sync beta with good results.

The Missing Sync for BlackBerry - Synchronize Mac OS X and BlackBerry
I hear good things about the beta, but it isn’t available for the rest of us. Until the program is widely available what’s there to talk?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #99
busterkat
Thumbs Must Hurt

irbg- what do you mean isnxxx8217;t available for the rest of us?

Old 03-16-2007, 02:07 PM   #100
bcaslis
Thumbs Must Hurt

It's available as a public beta. Anyone can get it. Go to the bottom of this page: The Missing Sync for BlackBerry - Known Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrg
I hear good things about the beta, but it isn’t available for the rest of us. Until the program is widely available what’s there to talk?