map
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmario
Hello:
I currently have a 7230 and tmobile service. I bought an unlocked 8700c off of ebay (still waiting to shipped). After putting sim card in 8700c do I simply just change the handheld pin and ESN/IMEI on the settings in MY-TMOBILE? After that will the 8700c be ready to go? Will there be anything else I have to do? Thanks for the help
Actually, once you put the SIM in and let the phone find the TMo network, MY-TMo should ask you if you want to change the handheld. A message will come up something like "Device {pin#} is not registered to your account - do you want to change devices?" You click on yes and, voila, it's all done. Be patient, it may take some time before MY-TMo "sees" the new unit, but this is much easier than trying to force the new PIN and IMEI into the system.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #82
BlackBlueberryBrew
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Default (LOL) hahahahahahaha...

You're going to love this.... Ok... I'm as new as they come to the Blackberry. I was so eager to get a 8700 that I went to the 1st Cingular store that had the phone, and bought... My wife has a phone, so I purchased the BB 8700 and a new Samsung for my wife.

THEN TODAY, I READ THIS THREAD!!!! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

I bought the Cingular plan with no BB services. I just have basic, basic service. This all happened 2 days ago. When I move again .... hahahahahaha... to Tmo, how will this work? Does the 2nd non-BB phone even matter? It's all about the BB and the plan, right? I'm going to contact Adam asap!!! Will Cingular nail me to the wall with fees?

I'm just a newbie, apparently learning the hard way....
Old 02-15-2006, 02:30 PM   #83
map
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBlueberryBrew
You're going to love this.... Ok... I'm as new as they come to the Blackberry. I was so eager to get a 8700 that I went to the 1st Cingular store that had the phone, and bought... My wife has a phone, so I purchased the BB 8700 and a new Samsung for my wife.

THEN TODAY, I READ THIS THREAD!!!! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

I bought the Cingular plan with no BB services. I just have basic, basic service. This all happened 2 days ago. When I move again .... hahahahahaha... to Tmo, how will this work? Does the 2nd non-BB phone even matter? It's all about the BB and the plan, right? I'm going to contact Adam asap!!! Will Cingular nail me to the wall with fees?

I'm just a newbie, apparently learning the hard way....
I'm no Cingular expert but I htink your contract allows you to cancel within a certain number of days and either return the phone(s) or pay full retail. Either way, it may be cheaper than cancelling and paying the termination fee. If I were you I'd give them the phones back and then either wait for TMo to come out with the 8700t or buy an unlocked one on eBay. I went the eBay route and couldn't be happier. As for your wife's phone, activate your BB on TMo then walk into a TMo store and tell them you want to add a family plan - they'll sell you a subsidized phone just like Cingular did.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:10 PM   #84
realmario

Model: 8800
Carrier: T Mobile
Default Thanks map

Quote:
Originally Posted by map
Actually, once you put the SIM in and let the phone find the TMo network, MY-TMo should ask you if you want to change the handheld. A message will come up something like "Device {pin#} is not registered to your account - do you want to change devices?" You click on yes and, voila, it's all done. Be patient, it may take some time before MY-TMo "sees" the new unit, but this is much easier than trying to force the new PIN and IMEI into the system.
Thanks for your help Map. Any idea how long it will take for tmobile to recognize my new blackberry? I appreciate your help.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #85
map
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmario
Thanks for your help Map. Any idea how long it will take for tmobile to recognize my new blackberry? I appreciate your help.
It took about 5 minutes for me, which seemed like an eternity. I actually called customer service after 2-3 minutes (thinking it was too long ) in order to have them make the "switch" and, while on hold, it came alive. (I hung up very quickly out of fear they would screw the whole thing up.)

Good luck.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #86
BlackBlueberryBrew
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by map
I'm no Cingular expert but I htink your contract allows you to cancel within a certain number of days and either return the phone(s) or pay full retail. Either way, it may be cheaper than cancelling and paying the termination fee. If I were you I'd give them the phones back and then either wait for TMo to come out with the 8700t or buy an unlocked one on eBay. I went the eBay route and couldn't be happier. As for your wife's phone, activate your BB on TMo then walk into a TMo store and tell them you want to add a family plan - they'll sell you a subsidized phone just like Cingular did.

Thanks map. Here's what I've done:

1. Iv'e already sent Adam $45 to unlock
2. I think my wife wants another phone anyway.

I'm waiting for Adam to get me the unlock code for my phone, and then I'll go to Cingular and cancel. Boy, what a road this has been.... (lol); I'm REALLY starting to understand the term "Crackberry"... (lol)
Old 02-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #87
realmario

Model: 8800
Carrier: T Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by map
It took about 5 minutes for me, which seemed like an eternity. I actually called customer service after 2-3 minutes (thinking it was too long ) in order to have them make the "switch" and, while on hold, it came alive. (I hung up very quickly out of fear they would screw the whole thing up.)

Good luck.
Hi Map:

Everything worked out fine. It was hard being patient but it worked. Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #88
jddphd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by map
Why not do this? Buy the phone from Amazon for the $149 list price and forget about the rebate. Then, try to cancel the plan w/in 30 days for no termination fee and, if that does not work, just pay the termination fee. Still comes out less that the full retail price, right? Am I missing something?
No, I don't think you're missing anything. I saw another forumite do this (username: dinga) so I'm trying it myself.

Chronicle of events is here:
http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=26924

Last edited by jddphd; 02-22-2006 at 10:02 PM..
Old 03-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #89
izzyzirk

GSMsource
where do i find them?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #90
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Search: http://www.gsmphonesource.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyzirk