Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
bimmerdriver
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: NONE
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Default BlueAnt Q2 - can't transfer contacts to 9900

Please Login to Remove!

I just got a blueant q2 headset to replace my q1 which broke. I'm trying to transfer the contacts to it from the blackberry. It's not working. When I give it the command to update the phonebook, it says "update phonebook ... please wait ... please wait ... transferring cont ... unable to transfer your phonebook, please start manually transferring contacts now." There is no prompt on the phone to allow or disallow the transfer. Anyone out there who can verify if this actually works?

I'm wondering if this might have to do with the IT policy on my phone. Anyone know whether the serial port profile is required to be enabled for this to work?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: BlueAnt Q2 - can't transfer contacts to 9900

I have a Jabra car speaker phone and although it's not listed as supported it works and does DOWNLOAD address book info. . Why would the headset transfer address info TO the BB I thought it was the other way around. I read the Q2 technical sheet and it does not indicate two way transfer. It does state it can hold 2k FROM the BB.

This link offers some info and a method to contact RIM with support and compatibility issues if you feel it is not working right but I would contact Bluant first.

KB04009-Known compatible Bluetooth headsets for BlackBerry smartphones
Old 08-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
bimmerdriver
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
I have a Jabra car speaker phone and although it's not listed as supported it works and does DOWNLOAD address book info. . Why would the headset transfer address info TO the BB I thought it was the other way around. I read the Q2 technical sheet and it does not indicate two way transfer. It does state it can hold 2k FROM the BB.

This link offers some info and a method to contact RIM with support and compatibility issues if you feel it is not working right but I would contact Bluant first.

KB04009-Known compatible Bluetooth headsets for BlackBerry smartphones
The q2 is trying to download contacts FROM the blackberry, not the other way around. It uses that to identify incoming calls and for calling contacts. For some reason, the transfer process is not working. I'm not sure if it's because the IT policy on the phone is blocking it or if there is another reason. I sent an email to blueant, but haven't received a response yet.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

For what it's worth, the IT policy would be my first guess, except that is a replacement headset for a previous model that you were using. Were using the previous headset with this BlackBerry, IT policy and all? That would make me doubt the IT policy is the problem, unless the new headset somehow uses something differently that is blocked by the IT policy.

Just speculating -- and maybe you've already chased this down -- could it be there is a problem with the address book database on the BlackBerry that is throwing an error, similar to what can happen when sync'ing? Is it possible to delete the address book, restore from an older backup, and try again?

And I assume the obvious, but have to ask: You did a hard reset and try again? And if there is a reset on the headset you tried that too?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Another thought. Is it possible the BB Bluetooth thinks it's the original headset and is not paired to the new one? I would try deleting the original from the BB list and re-pair the new HS.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
bimmerdriver
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
For what it's worth, the IT policy would be my first guess, except that is a replacement headset for a previous model that you were using. Were using the previous headset with this BlackBerry, IT policy and all? That would make me doubt the IT policy is the problem, unless the new headset somehow uses something differently that is blocked by the IT policy.

Just speculating -- and maybe you've already chased this down -- could it be there is a problem with the address book database on the BlackBerry that is throwing an error, similar to what can happen when sync'ing? Is it possible to delete the address book, restore from an older backup, and try again?

And I assume the obvious, but have to ask: You did a hard reset and try again? And if there is a reset on the headset you tried that too?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
The q2 replaced a q1 which didn't transfer the contacts. I'm not sure how to replace the address book on the phone as I'm using a BES. I'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.