JRUNCK
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
go just install this app which nobody has a clue what it does. yeh this is really an answer. and people are puzzled why identity theft, and other crimes are so high.

too funny.
The "too funny" thing is people like you insisting that "nobody has a clue what it does" because you in fact have no clue what you're talking about. The other funny thing is people like you insisting that we have to be criminals for wanting full functionality of a phone we choose to pay 100's of dollars for. I didn't trust a hacker to do anything I choose to hack my phone and have full functionality of it & do research on the programs I install before I install them. The program "GV Mobile" for iPhone works fine as a substitute for the Google approved program we can't have just because Apple & most of all AT&T won't let us have due to being pigs for more & more money. I feel my monthly bill and price of the device gives me the choice to do whatever I feel like with my phone. So keep speaking out of ignorance and without doing any research and maybe someone will believe you. Keep hating on a device that can do just about anything you say it can't. To iPhone users: You can't have Google Voice . . . um think again haters! Yes we can and do and it works fine.

Last edited by JRUNCK; 07-31-2009 at 09:27 PM..
Old 08-01-2009, 01:58 AM   #22
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Wirelessly posted

Looks like the FCC has now entered the fray:

http://mobile2.wsj.com/device/article.php?CALL_URL=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124908121794098073.html

"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #23
wabbit

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRUNCK View Post
The "too funny" thing is people like you insisting that "nobody has a clue what it does" because you in fact have no clue what you're talking about. The other funny thing is people like you insisting that we have to be criminals for wanting full functionality of a phone we choose to pay 100's of dollars for. I didn't trust a hacker to do anything I choose to hack my phone and have full functionality of it & do research on the programs I install before I install them. The program "GV Mobile" for iPhone works fine as a substitute for the Google approved program we can't have just because Apple & most of all AT&T won't let us have due to being pigs for more & more money. I feel my monthly bill and price of the device gives me the choice to do whatever I feel like with my phone. So keep speaking out of ignorance and without doing any research and maybe someone will believe you. Keep hating on a device that can do just about anything you say it can't. To iPhone users: You can't have Google Voice . . . um think again haters! Yes we can and do and it works fine.

ever read the tos?

you own the hardware, the os, etc is owned by apple (leased to you by apple)

the fact that it has to be hacked to allow 3rd party installation of apps, means a few things.

a the device is not secure
b people are putting trust into god know what else that if the jailbreakers want can install and you got no clue.
c compromising a weak device into an ever weaker device is lol. you cant check for virues, maleware etc yet its a smart phone with plenty of leeway to do finical / personal transactions.

do you really want to compromise all this?

but then again like i said, 95% of apple fans, cant understand a pc, or dont want to. they prefer here do this, that, and this, and thats how its done.
this has been a mac thing since mac's been out with full control to apple not the end user.

the biggest difference between apple to microsoft.

but k, enjoy your security compromised device, just dont cry when cyber criminals hack your personal data.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #24
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
but then again like i said, 95% of apple fans, cant understand a pc, or dont want to. they prefer here do this, that, and this, and thats how its done.
this has been a mac thing since mac's been out with full control to apple not the end user.

the biggest difference between apple to microsoft.

but k, enjoy your security compromised device, just dont cry when cyber criminals hack your personal data.
I can't believe you are calling PCs secure. Windows is the most hacked OS on the planet. Right now millions of infected PCs are SPAM zombies sending out millions of pieces of SPAM, spyware and god knows what else. Your typical PC user is the most clueless on the planet. How many times have I heard that the big blue "e" is the internet. Most PC users couldn't tell you the difference between Windows, OSX or Linux. They just know they bought a Dell, HP or whatever, plugged it in and it works. How many clueless PC users run without any virus protection at all, or let their trialware version laps when many ISP offer free versions. People buy Mac because they know better and don't want all the garbage that comes with owning a PC. That's why they are willing to spend the extra coin to do so.

And you mentioned something about leasing the OS from Apple. Well your boys at Redmond don't sell you the OS either. And their EULA is far more restrictive then Apple's.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #25
Flight714
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

okay, tre cosi

1. Wabbit isn't calling PCs secure, nor is he calling MacBooks (or etc) insecure, he's saying that the iPhone is a "security compromised device".

2. Most viruses are written for PCs because they have been dominating the personal and business market for years up until recently.

3. Using the same logic from point #2, wouldn't it make sense from a hacker's point of view to write a virus for an incredibly popular smartphone with giant flaws in its security software?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #26
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight714 View Post
okay, tre cosi

1. Wabbit isn't calling PCs secure, nor is he calling MacBooks (or etc) insecure, he's saying that the iPhone is a "security compromised device".

2. Most viruses are written for PCs because they have been dominating the personal and business market for years up until recently.

3. Using the same logic from point #2, wouldn't it make sense from a hacker's point of view to write a virus for an incredibly popular smartphone with giant flaws in its security software?
I only addressed the point he made in the portion quoted. And as to your second point. While, yes this is true, but the Windows OS is inherently less secure. This is due to adding upon millions of lines of code over the years that even MS programs don't have a grasp of. There is also IE and Active X. Countless computers have been compromised through these two vectors, yet MS continues to push them. OSX is built upon Unix and unlike Windows, doesn't give you automatic access to the root level. And yes you don't have to run Windows as an admin, but there are still far to many Windows applications that won't run right unless you do. So I stand by my post.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #27
wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
I only addressed the point he made in the portion quoted. And as to your second point. While, yes this is true, but the Windows OS is inherently less secure. This is due to adding upon millions of lines of code over the years that even MS programs don't have a grasp of. There is also IE and Active X. Countless computers have been compromised through these two vectors, yet MS continues to push them. OSX is built upon Unix and unlike Windows, doesn't give you automatic access to the root level. And yes you don't have to run Windows as an admin, but there are still far to many Windows applications that won't run right unless you do. So I stand by my post.
only dist i know and thats is linux that does not have root is ubuntu, slackware, gentoo, and debian after install you only have a root acct, you have to make an acct like in windows not to be root.

while windows has bugs, active x, and flash does too, so does the linux kernel, and so does bsd, they are all filled with holes, heck i remember exploiting sendmail to get root on unix. each has its own, but i dont see how it dont give auto root access, maybe osx which is more like a ubuntu of bsd, but a unix/bsd clean install is root then creating of accts.

that does not mean you cant exploit unix code for root access. i mean its been proven time and time again how easy, osx which is based on bsd, which runs on the iphone, how easy it is to hack it. new phone a new jailbreak is out.

i never said a pc is secure. what i am saying is the blindless fools have a fail sense of security due to a fact that "apple" said so.

now

a pc is more secure then a mac.

patches to flaws dont take months but zero day is patched zero day. unlike a mac. while no os is fool proof, atleast ms is more on the ball of fixing there os then mac.

do you think the sms patch would of been out today if it was not for the media? lol

Last edited by wabbit; 08-01-2009 at 08:34 PM..
Old 08-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #28
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:

patches to flaws dont take months but zero day is patched zero day. unlike a mac. while no os is fool proof, atleast ms is more on the ball of fixing there os then mac.
MS releases patches as soon as a flaw is discovered? There are plenty of flaws that go weeks and months without a fix. Don't kid yourself here. They're good, but they're not that good.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #29
wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
MS releases patches as soon as a flaw is discovered? There are plenty of flaws that go weeks and months without a fix. Don't kid yourself here. They're good, but they're not that good.
and they are still faster then apple at fixing flaws.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:07 AM   #30
wabbit

so guess the truth came out! it was apple not att.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #31
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
so guess the truth came out! it was apple not att.
You appear to be right. Statements from all 3 parties to the FCC:

Google, Apple, and AT&T All Make Their Statements to the FCC over Google Voice - bad apple - Lifehacker
Closed Thread