Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 PM   #21
Dennis C. Treadway
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcangel View Post
Blackberriness is a registered trademark or Arcangel incorporated!
its, ok, i was just being facetious
Old 02-10-2009, 11:50 PM   #22
Dennis C. Treadway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRPriester View Post
It's to late at night to read a novel.
Nonsense, I responded to your incomplete rant at 2am this morning! But, if you wish, I'll wait. You aren't getting off that easily. Its rare you get a chance to confront a vzw rep that believes they know about blackberry's when they aren't working..
Old 02-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #23
Arcangel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: APPLE
Carrier: AT&T white 32G iPhone 3GS

Yea I know more about the BB and there plans than all the reps do lol
Old 02-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #24
Dennis C. Treadway

yea, its sad when the customer knows more than the paid employee rep...
Old 02-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #25
Arcangel

My good friend is a regional rep for VZW and always tries to recruit me I told him to beat my salary I'm all theirs. Never gonna happen
Old 02-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #26
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: STORM
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VERIZON WIRELESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C. Treadway View Post
Nonsense, I responded to your incomplete rant at 2am this morning! But, if you wish, I'll wait. You aren't getting off that easily. Its rare you get a chance to confront a vzw rep that believes they know about blackberry's when they aren't working..
I know our product quite well, thank you.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #27
Dennis C. Treadway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRPriester View Post
I know our product quite well, thank you.
You may know your own product, but you don't know your competing products that other company's sell, such as the 8350 and the 8320. Those two products have the potential to run faster than the 8330 due to their capability to run faster via wifi, faster than your beloved EVDO rev A. in fact. Now, I am going to bed now to get up early for the only Blackberry I find worthy of purchasing this year: The Javelin-Curve 8900 (Even when compared to the Bold and Storm for my purposes; better camera and resolution than the bold, matching the resolution of the storm, but with wifi that the storm doesn't have, and UMA calling that neither of them have, in the sexiness of the curve form factor!)
Old 02-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #28
Dennis C. Treadway

Quote:
My good friend is a regional rep for VZW and always tries to recruit me I told him to beat my salary I'm all theirs. Never gonna happen
I don't blame you, the only point when I wanted to work for them was when my parents paid my bill before I found out that the other carriers were better and that Verizon wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. The benefits and pay is decent as well, but not the best if you have a well breadth of phone and carrier knowledge. Once you get that far its not worth the amount you are getting paid unless you are working for corporate or the manager of the store. Verizon is too large for its own good, it was a better company before it started aquiring companies and buying out competitor's tower space (the ATT tower next to my work was bought by Verizon 5 years ago, I guess it was used for rolling out EVDO and monopolizing the neighborhood around the harbor and the coast near my work). I still get great coverage with my Blackberry, because VZW ignores TMO when looking for tower space. :-p

Alrighty, G'nite Readers of the Forums

Last edited by Dennis C. Treadway; 02-11-2009 at 01:02 AM.. Reason: Going to bed...:-p
Old 02-11-2009, 01:01 AM   #29
Arcangel

Totally Dennis if I wasn't getting a great discount I wouldn't have left AT&T for VZW but what can you do! Honestly if Tmobile's signal didnt die in my bank and such I would never have left them
Old 02-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #30
Dennis C. Treadway

Fair enough Archangel, if I had great coverage at the price I pay for it now I would leave if somebody else could offer it to me. Personally I would have waited till the 9520 was released for Rogers in canada so RIM could get their act together and release an exceptional O.S. that was originally meant for the 9530, but until then I would have stuck with my Curve if I had VZW, but if you want a touch screen that badly I can understand why so many upgraded to the Storm before it was perfected...
Old 02-11-2009, 01:12 AM   #31
Arcangel

I have been lucky mine hasnt been like some of these horror stories I hear. I have the occasional battery pull and now with quick pull no worries it seems at all
Old 02-11-2009, 01:18 AM   #32
Dennis C. Treadway

Quote:
I have been lucky mine hasnt been like some of these horror stories I hear. I have the occasional battery pull and now with quick pull no worries it seems at all
I'm still hoping for a slide out keyboard like the palm pre but blackberry (blackberry bold form factor maybe would be nice with touch screen and a stylus :-D) But yes, now I am seriously going to sleep so I can get my Javelin in the morning :-D
Closed Thread