Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
Orphan

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: unlocking
Unhappy Sim Card Connector !

Please Login to Remove!

I bought a blckberry 9900 and after one week I had a problem that make me using my device with Wi-Fi only.

The case started when I inserted my micro sim card with its holder inside the holder for sim card, the sim slip and hang. Becaude i can not take off the sim normally, I force it and that damage the connecter (teeth inside the sim card holder in my device) !! As a result, my BB does not read any sim card niether a micro nor a normal one.

I went for many maintainance shops but they told my that this is a new device and they do not have the same part for replacing it !

Please, help me with a link for this one so I can buy it online or . If you can help me with some stores in Saudi Arabia

Last edited by Orphan; 09-20-2011 at 05:10 AM..
Old 09-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
rudysan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Q10
Carrier: Movistar
Default Re: Sim Card Connector !

Buy the part on the web in Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile
Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Vodafone Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudysan View Post

It's not really a repair he can perform himself. He didn't break the plastic sim housing that can be replaced as a clip-on. He destroyed the metalic endings on the sim reader, that's a board component. I'm also running a microsim with an adaptor (using the sim with an iphone during the weekend) and i know exactly what he did. If you pull the microsim out without getting the adaptor all the way out, the end of the plastic gets stuck behind the metal endings. The trick is to slide the microsim back in and pull it out again as a single piece.
Any other possible combination would result in damaging the endings.

OP: Any insurance/cover/warranty? If you got no cover visit a reputable repair shop in your area, the repair is pretty simple but nothing you can do at home with a pair of pliers.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:58 AM   #4
Orphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudysan View Post
Buy the part on the web in
Unfortunately, it is not there or even availabe in other stores yet
Old 11-22-2011, 03:06 AM   #5
Orphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-economist View Post
It's not really a repair he can perform himself. He didn't break the plastic sim housing that can be replaced as a clip-on. He destroyed the metalic endings on the sim reader, that's a board component. I'm also running a microsim with an adaptor (using the sim with an iphone during the weekend) and i know exactly what he did. If you pull the microsim out without getting the adaptor all the way out, the end of the plastic gets stuck behind the metal endings. The trick is to slide the microsim back in and pull it out again as a single piece.
Any other possible combination would result in damaging the endings.

OP: Any insurance/cover/warranty? If you got no cover visit a reputable repair shop in your area, the repair is pretty simple but nothing you can do at home with a pair of pliers.
the warranty does not cover physical damage, and sim card tray holder for 9900 is still not available so many shops offered me to break the yellow plastic cover of sim card holder and to weld the pins so may be read a sim card but I refused since it will distort the device.
Closed Thread