Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
pda luvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo
Default Returned the 9900 today

Please Login to Remove!

Tmobile took it back after 13 days with a bit of incredulity...I just didn't feel like it was worth 600 and am now using the Galaxy S as my main device. The apps are plentiful and I feel like they work better for android. And it has the autotask app which isn't available for BB and several BB apps that I used didn't run on OS7 like Allsport GPS and Dropbox.

But before you yell at me for abandoning ship, I'm continuing to carry the 9700 in case the Galaxy freezes or runs out of battery. My company email is on exchange and with BES it's not as much of a pain switching between the 2. Of course the Galaxy battery life is worse than the 9900's but it does have a huge touchscreen. And getting used to using SWYPE is fast and easy once you get the hang of it. Every touchscreen device should have SWYPE. Device manufacturers should just lay down and buy it.

It's worth noting that I returned the Playbook after a week cause the critical Bridge feature was buggy and unreliable, email was a pain (on a BB!), no swype, so it had no use for me except web surfing, need for speed and podcasts. I hope RIM comes up with a compelling reason for me to keep liking BB.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business
Default Re: Returned the 9900 today

Quote:
Originally Posted by pda luvr View Post
But before you yell at me for abandoning ship
Nothing's wrong with jumping ship. What's important is using what can accomplish your production tasks most efficiently. The logo on it is irrelevant.
Glad you found something that works for you. Personally i would stay away from android since i can't type on a touchscreen to save my life, no BES integration and malware ridden store. The application availability combined with the ever expanding devbase are appealing though.

Blackberry could be a whole different ecosystem if it could attract developer talent. Sadly with the recent results published out of expected figures and the stock taking another dive as a result of this, i don't see it happening anytime soon.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Use what is best for you. That is the bottom line.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Sydman
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: Verizon BIS

For what it's worth Dropbox works for OS 7 has for about a week you just have to download it from their site. And a program called Endomondo probably does all if not more of what Allsport does in case you ever want to come back.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

I sold my Galaxy S 4G to get the 9900.. I would not switch back if you piad me..

I hated swipe! I can use it, just never liked it..

There are a TON more apps for Android, that's a fact and the single most thing I hate the most about RIM... The BB app store is a joke when compared to Apple and Android..

Anyone who knows anything about Android will tell you to avoid the app killers that are available for Android! They cause far more grief than they are worth. Android has its own management system that works GREAT as long as its left alone..

Enjoy the new device! What workd for one does not always work for another!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
pda luvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo

To be honest with you I still prefer the BB 9700 over the Galaxy to do email because the keyboard its much faster when you want to get through a bunch of messages. If you have more than 1 email address there is no quick shortcut for each account. I just get around the BB and its email contents much faster. And the message notifications on the Android don't hold a candle to BB cause you don't know if you're getting a text or an random email, its the same chime unless you install battery and memory hogging app.

I have the luxury of keeping the BB in my glove compartment and I'm definitely not getting rid of it. The 9900 just wasn't a good value for me but I am looking forward to see what RIM comes out with in 6 months. I should probably sell the galaxy on ebay and buy a 2.3.4 slider with a keyboard.
Closed Thread