Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
JohnBoyWalton
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Cant use 8700 in Parallels...

Please Login to Remove!

Installed the desktop software but when I plug the BB in nothing happens. Then I select it from the USB button on the bottom right and I get a text box that says "USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually."

So now what? I want to use it to install some apps.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:52 AM   #2
hughaston

Model: 8120
PIN: CafeBabe
Carrier: R0bber$

1) uninstall pocketmac
2) check and uncheck the USB button on the bottom right a few times and you will have success - you will know when you get prompted for the BB password.

btw this is _the_ problem which is stopping a full device OS upgrade from being successful on Parallels - so close!
Old 10-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
JohnBoyWalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughaston
1) uninstall pocketmac
2) check and uncheck the USB button on the bottom right a few times and you will have success - you will know when you get prompted for the BB password.

btw this is _the_ problem which is stopping a full device OS upgrade from being successful on Parallels - so close!
well I couldnt seem to make it work. Im now considering using bootcamp to avoid the whole issue.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:52 AM   #4
JohnBoyWalton

Update: I found someone that was having the same issue and said to unplug all usb devices besides your keyboard/mouse, reboot, and try again as that worked for them.

I gave it a try and it did work, but the connection is very sporadic. It will disconnect without even telling you. And sometimes you do have to disconnect/reconnect a few times from the ubs menu at the bottom right.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #5
schulzmc10

Model: 7290

Have you installed Pocketmac on the Mac side? Some have found that interferes.

I'm running parallels and sync my BB several times a day with Outlook on the PC side. When I first plug in the BB I hear it connect but I get a "the USB port is not strong enough to charge the BB" message (or something like that) on the BB screen and I get no connection. I simply unplug and replug and it connects right up with the desktop software. I have also noticed that if I leave the BB plugged in for a while (10+ minutes) it will sometimes disconnect. All I have to do is plug and unplug two times and it reconnects.

It sounds like a pain, but is really pretty reliable. I only plug in the BB when I want to sync, and a quick plug, unplug, replug sequence always gives me a reliable connection.

Parallels has been a life saver for me. Outlook runs flawlessly with my company Exchange server. I can access other PC based database programs on the work network. And my 8700g is easy to keep synced. I couldn't be happier with this as a solution.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #6
JohnBoyWalton

Yes, I did install pocketmac but had uninstalled it. I don't know if its still causing problems or not. But I can tell you than when I was able to get it working in parallels it was decidedly not reliable.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
tibook

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmo

Something to remember with Parallels and USB devices:

Always have parallels (and the OS) completey up and running before you connect the BB, because the second Parallels releases control of the device OS X will take over, and the communication link is broken.
Closed Thread