Cavihitts
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Curve 8320 > No incoming calls

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

I have a Curve 8320 on T-Mobile running 4.5.161 that for will not accept incoming calls. I can make calls, send txt, receive txt and was even getting emails. All of this happened out of the blue this morning with no changes in settings or software. I have EDGE with good signal, and web browsing works. I've tried calling from several different phones including a phone on the same account, a vzn cell phone and even a land line. The caller gets might voice mail right away without any rings, the Curve does nothing. I have reset a total of 3 times now and removed and reinserted the sim card on 1 of those. I was able to get 1 call to go through. I hung up and tried again and back to voice mail. Is there anything else to try before calling T-Mobile. Any Ideas?

P.S. I have been eyeing the 9700. Maybe this is just a sign to pull the trigger on the upgrade and contract is up. I'm guessing I still have to wait a few weeks for that anyways.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
Cavihitts

Update: I have just spent 40 minutes on the phone with T-Mobile tech support. Everything on the account looks good to them. We did several more resets, removed the sim and comfirmed the sim card # to them. They reset the provisioning. The first round of test calls they made were a no-go. Then finally after reprovisioning again, I was able to get calls. We hung up. Now, back to the same thing. I have to wait for my wife to get home to try swapping sims with another phone to try to narrow it down I guess.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Does current your profile for "phone" have the "Do Not Disturb" feature turned to "on" by chance?

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 11-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
Cavihitts

Thanks for the reply. No, it is not turned on. I have never used that feature. I am now hearing that all of T-Mobile is or was having an outage. Around 5:00pm, I was trying to call my wife ( which I have been able to do all day ) and got a busy signal. I just got home and found that everyone she knew on T-Mobile including her were getting the same problem when trying to make outbound calls. I am now able to receive calls and we are able to make calls now but neither of us can send text. Maybe my problem was a weird beginning of a bigger problem for T-Mobile.
Closed Thread