BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
raindownsugar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW
Default Out of Coverage/Power Off no email . . .

Please Login to Remove!

We've had a couple of users complain since we went from 4.0.x to 4.1.3 (GroupWise) that when they power their devices down and power back up later that they miss the mail that was delivered to the mailbox in between. As admin I don't let mine die and I don't get out of coverage but I am now seeing this myself on my own 8830 via testing. I called RIM tech support and they said this was a bug that was due to be fixed in HF4 but was not 'corrected the way we wanted it by software development.' They claim SP4 (which was due in October) *should* fix it.

This seems unreal to me. Get on a plane for four hours and you miss the mail while you are gone with no reconcilation for it? Turn the phone off for the night and miss your night's email? Couple this with the embedded message disabled madness and 4.1.3 has been total )*(%$. And no we can't do the reg fix for the embedded message issue due to 'the risk of unintended content' that RIM talks about in the KB for that. Three of the admins I spoke to about doing the reg 'fix' in the DC BES Admin training had seen email from user B show up in the email for user A on the phone. With the privacy issues in our org that is not a risk we can take.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
hcheun
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindownsugar View Post
We've had a couple of users complain since we went from 4.0.x to 4.1.3 (GroupWise) that when they power their devices down and power back up later that they miss the mail that was delivered to the mailbox in between. As admin I don't let mine die and I don't get out of coverage but I am now seeing this myself on my own 8830 via testing. I called RIM tech support and they said this was a bug that was due to be fixed in HF4 but was not 'corrected the way we wanted it by software development.' They claim SP4 (which was due in October) *should* fix it.

This seems unreal to me. Get on a plane for four hours and you miss the mail while you are gone with no reconcilation for it? Turn the phone off for the night and miss your night's email? Couple this with the embedded message disabled madness and 4.1.3 has been total )*(%$. And no we can't do the reg fix for the embedded message issue due to 'the risk of unintended content' that RIM talks about in the KB for that. Three of the admins I spoke to about doing the reg 'fix' in the DC BES Admin training had seen email from user B show up in the email for user A on the phone. With the privacy issues in our org that is not a risk we can take.
Hey Raindownsugar

I know what you mean by the reconciliation. We have a director here who traveled overseas and sure enough he ran into the same problem. What version of Groupwise are you running and are you running in API or Soap? We're on API mode here, and after the latest hotfix (we're on 4.1.3 hf4, Groupwise is 6.5.7 client with GW7 on the backend) we resolved the issue with that latest hotfix. I even simulated a turn off myself and sent 16 emails (with attachments) and all synched up and reconciled fine.

In any case as for the KB involving the embedded messages, we were having this issue because our director was annoyed we could not forward the message and be able to see the entire message as a whole. We have applied it and everything seems alot better now. I understand that different companies have different policies and procedures, but over here, and if you're curious about it, it works just fine!

In any case, you can message me for my contact info, if you would like more help. I've been trying to get some BES/GW admins to get some type of group going on these forums here and maybe share info so we can all help each other out!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
raindownsugar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcheun View Post
Hey Raindownsugar

I know what you mean by the reconciliation. We have a director here who traveled overseas and sure enough he ran into the same problem. What version of Groupwise are you running and are you running in API or Soap? We're on API mode here, and after the latest hotfix (we're on 4.1.3 hf4, Groupwise is 6.5.7 client with GW7 on the backend) we resolved the issue with that latest hotfix. I even simulated a turn off myself and sent 16 emails (with attachments) and all synched up and reconciled fine.

In any case as for the KB involving the embedded messages, we were having this issue because our director was annoyed we could not forward the message and be able to see the entire message as a whole. We have applied it and everything seems alot better now. I understand that different companies have different policies and procedures, but over here, and if you're curious about it, it works just fine!

In any case, you can message me for my contact info, if you would like more help. I've been trying to get some BES/GW admins to get some type of group going on these forums here and maybe share info so we can all help each other out!
Hunter- We are at the same build as you guys but the HF did not resolve our issue. RIM said that it shouldn't. We may try to apply it again Sunday during maintenance time and see if we can get anywhere.
Closed Thread