Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 02:17 AM   #1
ddunn

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: koodo
Default blackberry curve problems with koodo

Please Login to Remove!

hi i just got a blackberry curve 8530 with koodo and its been a bit but i just tried to send my first picture message to someone with another phone (not a bb) but apperently my unlimited text and picture messaging option i pay another $5 a month for does not let me send picture sms messages... i also figured out that i can't switch to another company other than telus because it is cdma. even though there sales person told me it was a gsm phone when i bought it.
is there anything i can do?
thanks
Old 02-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: blackberry curve problems with koodo

You list Wind mobile and they offer the services that will allow a blackberry to fully communicate including sending photos in text. The issue I see is Koodo does not seem to support the Blackberry features directly but suggests their contracts with other carriers will. No details seem to be available directly to see if it is a problem. If the sales person sold you something that does not work I would go back to the store and see if the plan you have is wrong or they just dont support what you want to do.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
kkaterinabella

Model: 8520
Carrier: AT&T

If you haven't had your phone more than 30 days, then you can return it using the Buyers Remorse Clause. If you have had it more than 30 days then your phone is under warranty.

However, if it is a service problem, then you need to tell the company that you were wrongly told that these features were included in the pkg you were sold.

Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!!!

That means, that if you can't return the phone under the buyers remorse clause, then exercise your right to complain. Be sure to go up the ladder to get to someone who can help you!!! Don't let anyone intimidate you. Ask for supervisors if needed!!! Keep calling until you get someone who will listen!!! And do not waste time doing it!

However, remember to be nice!!! Don't cuss anyone out or be vulgar or rude!!!! I am sure that you wouldn't do that, but just wanted to add that if you are nasty, they will notate it in your acct!!! They may not be allowed to notate everything you say, but they can write down if you are rude!!! And you won't get as much help if you are nasty!!!

I do not know about other carriers and their plans. But I know about AT&T, & they have a new plan for $20.00 a month. It includes unlimited SMS text, MMS texts (picture txts), IM's and all mobile to any other mobile calls. Again it only costs $20.00 a month!!!

It is gonna save me $25.00 a month. Most of my friends use cell phones, so this is gonna be great!!! I still have daytime minutes & a data plan. Of course, I can change any of my plan at any time!!!

Another great feature of AT&T!!!!

Hope this helps!!! Good luck!!!
kkaterinabella

Last edited by kkaterinabella; 02-18-2011 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Left out some info
Old 02-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

kkaterinabella
You sound like an ATT salesperson

Not all carriers in the world offer " Buyers Remorse"
Old 03-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
cinderxavier

Model: 8530
Carrier: Koodo

Hey there;

I apologize that I am necroing this thread, but I just wanted to respond to it.

The 8530 is not setup to do picture messaging(please note there is a difference between MMS txt msg and MMS picture message). I am unsure as to why the picture msg is not enabled on the 8530, but it is not the fault of Koodo, it is the fault of the manufacturer(RIM).

Also, Wind has had it's license removed so they can no longer provide service in Canada.

I am unsure as to why kkaterinabella is going on about AT&T as they are an american company which as no bearing on Canada.
Closed Thread