XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon
Default OS .103 Issue - Can't Send MMS

Please Login to Remove!

OK, this is not good.

Just loaded .103 today and noticed some slight faster operations. HOWEVER, I just tried to send an MMS and no go.

I shot a photo with the camera app and it would not give me the option to send the photo as an MMS.

I exited and tried to compose and MMS message from the SMS/MMS application and got the following error message:

"No MMS Service Record, message cannot be sent. You will only be able to Save Draft"

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this without going back to .99 because I absolutely need this option.

Verizon 9530
Old 02-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

OK, I may have fixed this. It required me to scour the internet but it might have solved the problem. This is for those of you who encountered the same issue. If this fix is the cure all then I am once again a useful servant of the BB forum... ;)

What I needed to do was to restore the "service book" for th MMS configuration. Apparently the OS upgrade process caused a disconnection.

I believe I corrected the situation via:

Options > advanced options > host routing table

Once there select any entry, press BB menu key, and then "register now"

This will allow a Storm owner to resend his/her own service books, and you should also getting a registration email from Blackberry as well.

Another thing I am noting since uploading .103. There is a small letter "D" above the delivery check mark next to my SMS/MMS messages. Additionally, I only get the "D" next to messages sent to addressees with Verizon service. Anyone else notice this?

Verizon 9530
Old 02-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
Buckwheat
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Smile

Ok, Ive got to say this.To the people that post all this info and helpful tips. You obviously take pride in figuring things out and helping others out with your experience. I have been keeping a close on on the post here of the Storm and though im still undecided on it(mainly because I feel from all the people like you , the Storm will have the majority of little problems worked out and look out then). Keep up the good work.Hopefully I will be able to give some assistance in the future. And by the way Rim shoud reimburse some of the members for encouraging people to stick with the Storm and maybe give them a job. Thanks
Old 02-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Buckwheat,

Believe it or not, I am only 3 months into the BB world. My increasing knowledge comes from this forum and a willingness harass VZW and scour the internet for a solution.

If you are on the fence about the Storm, I encourage you to jump down on our side and join the growing family of Storm owners. You won't regret it. Join in the fun brother and we could always use another head in the game.

Verizon 9530
Old 02-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
Ahin

Carrier: t-mobile
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelhaBB View Post
OK, I may have fixed this. It required me to scour the internet but it might have solved the problem. This is for those of you who encountered the same issue. If this fix is the cure all then I am once again a useful servant of the BB forum... ;)

What I needed to do was to restore the "service book" for th MMS configuration. Apparently the OS upgrade process caused a disconnection.

I believe I corrected the situation via:

Options > advanced options > host routing table

Once there select any entry, press BB menu key, and then "register now"

This will allow a Storm owner to resend his/her own service books, and you should also getting a registration email from Blackberry as well.

Another thing I am noting since uploading .103. There is a small letter "D" above the delivery check mark next to my SMS/MMS messages. Additionally, I only get the "D" next to messages sent to addressees with Verizon service. Anyone else notice this?
i got a storm yesterday and its unlocked for t-mobile it wont let me send mms. my version is 4.7.0.75. is there anyway i can fix this issue and i cant wirelessly download the upgrade b/c i dont have the data plan for t-mobile.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Ahin,

you need register with RIM and have a data plan if you want to send MMS messages. When I lost my service book, I was still able to send SMS, just not MMS.

I could be wrong, but you might need to have T-Mobile get involved to remedy this. However the service books are sent from RIM, which requires you to be registered and have a data plan.

Any of the gurus out there can back me on this or reveal otherwise?

Verizon 9530
Old 02-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
NJBourne23

i have downloaded the .103 also but i just had a video sent to me and it is garbeled up? i cannot understand why. i thought emailed videos load up and run smoothly?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
JFR1433

PIN: Ask:)
Carrier: Vxxxxxx

Leaked OS .109 is out.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #9
lindros2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW/O2 (Intl)

After owning 5 BlackBerry devices, I can't believe I'm reading this...

1. This is a LEAKED OS. That means "things [probably] might go wrong."
2. "Rim should reimburse..." ? Are you kidding me?
3. and "Register Now" is a common fix for a bunch of things. Like, um, no Internet Browser... Waiting a couple of minutes also works.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
Lumberman

Model: Z10
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
After owning 5 BlackBerry devices, I can't believe I'm reading this...

1. This is a LEAKED OS. That means "things [probably] might go wrong."
2. "Rim should reimburse..." ? Are you kidding me?
3. and "Register Now" is a common fix for a bunch of things. Like, um, no Internet Browser... Waiting a couple of minutes also works.
This is almost as useless as "downloading now" posts. Of course Xel knows this is a leaked OS, that's why the title of the post lists the release. Obviously the reimbursement comment was made in fun and by someone that supports what other community members are trying to do, not cut them down.

Your post should have just consisted of "Indeed register now should be done every time one loads a new OS."

Good Job Xel, indeed register now should be done every time one loads a new OS, it's a good habit to get in to.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #11
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Lindros2,

1. If you have actually owned 5 Blackberries, or 5 different cellular phones for that matter, and you don't believe what you are reading - then you have probably been living on another planet. Most intricate phones are released well before they should be and come to the consumer with a plethora of issues. My past 3 phones required OS upgrades just to get the phone to run as advertised. You are just the type of consumer who is willing to suffer through the bad OS until an official release is available. Some of us are willing to download Beta software in order to get the phone to run as advertised. The Storm was released OS .65, which was absolutely terrible. Right now the Official OS is .75, which still has MANY issues. I am on .103 and if you are still running .75 then I am having a better experience than you with the Storm.

2. Although the poster was probably just venting with regard to being reimbursed, he makes a good point. RIM released a faulty product. Those who figure out fixes and get the less technologically savvy user back in operation should be rewarded in some fashion. There are many Storm owners who would have walked away from Blackberry without forums like this.

3. If "Register Now" option under the "Host Routing Table" in "Advanced Options" was a "COMMON FIX" as you allege (you big guru you) then maybe RIM should place such a notion in the friggin users manual. Additionally, "waiting a couple minutes" doesn't get service books sent to the phone. Either RIM must send them or you must initiate the process OTA. What I was addressing was a service book issue and not simply registering the phone with RIM - which actually happens automatically during the OS upgrade. But you don't know this because you made a very flawed assumption. Dummy.

I made the post to save others the time I spent on the internet figuring out how to get the phone back into operation if the service books are lost. It the thread was of no use to you, then you should have moved on without insulting others who simply post an opinion. Basically you should get over yourself just a tad and respect who aren't as amazingly brilliant as you.

Verizon 9530

Last edited by XelhaBB; 02-24-2009 at 10:55 AM..
Closed Thread