Old 08-13-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
jkrieger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Desktop Manager 6.0 - Sync Issues

Please Login to Remove!

I have been using BDM 5.0 for a long time, syncing my Tour with my Outlook from Office 2007 for a long time. I sync my calendar and memopad.

When I upgraded to BDM 6.0, suddenly I get Intellisync's error "Unknown error reported" when trying to configure the sync.

I searched high and low, using this bbforums and google, and based on what I see, it seems that this error has been lurking around for many versions prior to this, and the solution were many. I tried many of them to no avail.

Anybody got some magic for me?

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
wally four

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Default Same Issue with v. 6.0 install

Hope someone has answer. Tried all the KB "Resolutions" but no joy. Tried uninstalling 6.0 but 5.0.1 has the same problem now.

Help!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

My thought was to do a clean uninstall, then did a search. Did either of you see http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ml#post929035? I know it applies to old version of DM, but seems like something worth trying if you've tried everything else.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
jkrieger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Thank you for suggesting. I have done complete uninstall, including deleting folders and ridding of registry entries, performed clean install etc. When I deleted 6.0 and reinstalled with 5.0.1 it worked like a charm. I also did try deleting Outlook 2007 profile and recreated it. The link you suggested are one of many other posts I found and tried them as well.

Sigh BIG time!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
Tim Storm

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Exact same problem here. Using XP at my office, Windows 7 at home. All was fine with version 5. Upgraded version 6 and now get errors on my home system. I believe the red X error was: "Experienced an unexpected error". Here's what I've done so far:

Did the basics such as pulled the battery to let the Storm re-boot. I deleted all calendar and contact entries from Storm using DM to make sure the entries match between Storm and PC at work. Then come home and get errors on that PC.

Uninstalled 6 at home, loaded 5, now 5 doesn't work either.

Deleted calendar and contact data from Storm at work then synced

Created a separate PST file with only contacts and calendar from work Outlook file. Added that file to my home Outlook and used that file at home to replace all calendar and contact entries at home so that the Storm would/should have exactly what is in my PC Outlook files.

It reads all the entries on the Storm then on PC, then crashes with "Unknown Error Reported"

Another annoying thing is that my calendar entries seem to always get confused since my e-mail address at work is different from my e-mail address at home. My name shows up for the meetings with a conflict because during the sync, it sees my personal e-mail address as the attendee on my home PC but it sees my work e-mail address as theh attendee on the work PC. DM 6 seems to be confused with this issue. It's always been there but DM 5 somehow resolved the difference.

Hope this helps others to get a solution. I'm not an expert and have found this forum and am hoping that the real experts will have suggestions.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
Tim Storm

Found this info in another post and it worked for me! At least I can sync with no errors using DM 5. If I feel lucky I'll update to DM 6 and see if that now works at home.

1) Make sure your Blackberry is disconnected from your computer
2) Start DM (Desktop manager) and on the upper right hand corner select Options
3) Select "Data Folder Options"
4) Select "Use this specified folder"
5) Right mouse click on the datapath and hit "select all" and copy
6) Hit Start and select Run
7) Paste data path into run and hit ok
8) Blackberry folder will open
9) Find the "Intellisync" folder - select it and delete it
10) Connect your Blackberry
11) Go to your DM's main menu - select "Synchronize"
12) On the left hand side - select Configure Synchronization
13) Select "Synchronization" button
14) When done - select Synchronize (Upper left corner)
15) On the synchronize screen - select only "Synchronize Organizer data" and "Update device date and time"
16) now select "Synchronize"
Old 08-15-2010, 07:08 AM   #7
alphasports
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers (CAN) / A1 (AUT) / Swisscom (SUI) / T-Mobile (USA)

Had the same problem. Just uninstall the previous version afterwards and it'll sync fine.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #8
Tim Storm

Default DM6 now works for me

Just a quick update. I did install DM 6 on my home system with Windows 7 and everything seems to be working fine. Hopefully, this issue doesn't recur but if it does I'll post an update.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
wally four

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Tried the 16 steps that Tim Storm found. Still no joy. Vista will not let me uninstall DM 5.0.1- get "Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\ Windows\Installer\BlackBerry Desktop Software.msi" This message started appearing -& continues- since I installed DM 6 and uninstalled it.

Any other suggestions?
Closed Thread