Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 05:20 AM   #41
amitsingh455

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

Please Login to Remove!

Hi ,

I m using blackberry bold 9000, yesterday i fully charged my battery then turn off n replace sim card after that i was trying to turn on my blackberry but my blackberry is not responding. i m so sad..

help me please..
Old 08-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #42
vietnamurl1
No longer Registered.

Carrier: vinaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoevets View Post
Hmm - battery issue. It's dead and not charging perhaps. Try charging it with the wall charger rather than the USB. The USB may not have enough juice to charge your battery if it's completely discharged.
yes, I agree with you.thank
Old 08-17-2010, 01:27 AM   #43
clairet

Carrier: optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh455 View Post
Hi ,

I m using blackberry bold 9000, yesterday i fully charged my battery then turn off n replace sim card after that i was trying to turn on my blackberry but my blackberry is not responding. i m so sad..

help me please..
I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE!! Would someone help please!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #44
pawel3385

Carrier: Polish PlusGSM

Couple days ago phone normally acted, battery was near the end.
After work I have connected to the wall charger and I have executed one phone then I have put away him. Next day I have found bold switched off , it does not turninng on.
There's no red led, and computer is not seeing it, with no battery too.
I cannot reload OS.
Could it be battery issue?
Please help.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #45
MaeMae

Carrier: Smart

Please help! I'm experiencing the same problem. I was trying to to use the twitter, then my unit froze. I waited for few minutes and it still won't load so I tried rebooting it by removing the battery. (Battery is full charged btw). Then I tried turning it on, but it won't. There's a red light and the blackberry loading is showing up on screen then after 4-5 seconds the unit will die then load again.

Please help!
Old 09-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #46
Georgelowxp

Carrier: DHL

Hey guys. I am new here. Anyway, it doesnt really matter. Truth is, I experienced the same shit as well and I managed to get it to kick start again. First I connect the phone to the laptop with the USB wire. But of course, without the battery pack. After connecting the USB, I inserted the battery pack and it started working well. Took me two attempts to actually get it working. Try that. Would like to thank one of the members who suggested this earlier in this topic. Cheers!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #47
josemaridantes

Carrier: Globe
Default not the usual case

Hello guys, i have a weird experience with my BB. its totally shut down now because the battery was drained, i tried to charge both wall and USB but doesnt give me a progress until now, i have tried the trick to batt pull and batt pull while the charger was inserted. NO POWER, NO INDICATOR.

PLs Pls pls help me guys....
Old 09-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #48
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeMae View Post
Please help! I'm experiencing the same problem. I was trying to to use the twitter, then my unit froze. I waited for few minutes and it still won't load so I tried rebooting it by removing the battery. (Battery is full charged btw). Then I tried turning it on, but it won't. There's a red light and the blackberry loading is showing up on screen then after 4-5 seconds the unit will die then load again.

Please help!
Sounds like you have a bad or corrupted app. If you are using OS 4.6 or newer, you can try booting in safe mode so that you can at least do a backup. You could also try removing suspicious third-party apps and see if it will reboot, but if it were me I would just go ahead and wipe it after you back it up, then reinstall the OS and restore your data.

See KB17877-How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode for instructions on booting up in safe mode.

Good luck.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #49
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by josemaridantes View Post
Hello guys, i have a weird experience with my BB. its totally shut down now because the battery was drained, i tried to charge both wall and USB but doesnt give me a progress until now, i have tried the trick to batt pull and batt pull while the charger was inserted. NO POWER, NO INDICATOR.

PLs Pls pls help me guys....
Did you get it working? If not, how long did you let it charge before you tried removing then replacing the battery? .... Also thinking you may need to try another battery, a borrowed battery if you can.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #50
chang_h

Carrier: Airtel-India

A couple of days back my batt got compltly drained n shut off on its on so I had it plugged to the wall charger and now I cant turn it back on :( thrs a huge icon of the batt wit the bolt but othr thn tht nuttin someone Help me :( whts the next step aftr the huge icon comes on help plsss
Old 09-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #51
chang_h

Carrier: Airtel-India

hey I tried the 30 sec trick and yipeeeee my bb is finally turned on it did take me a couple of try's but it actually worked so thank you
Old 09-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #52
soleize

Model: 8200
Carrier: MTN

Use the Blackberry desktop manger to update the operating system. It will automatically whipe the device and you are fortunate enough to be doing periodic back ups, you can do a restore of your last backup. Hope this helps cos i've tried it.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #53
MikeFuryXP

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T

Hi again, I just acquired a used blackberry bold 9000.
The seller that sold it to me said he put in a new battery and his dog chewed up his usb cable before the BB started charging.
He said he found this phone in a park at chicago illinois and took it up for repairs.
Anyway, I followed the guides that some people posted up that got their phones on and running.
Let me ask this, I just plugged in my BB 9000 to an official blackberry wall charger.
The red light came on for about 40 seconds and shut off and did not show a battery with a red x over it or a bolt.
How long should I give the phone time to respond before I let my phenom ii x6 try to access and charge it up ?
I had one minor success when trying to jumpstart the phone with my pc, it showed a bolt over the battery on a black screen with my pc, blackberry desktop 5 tried to charge it but lost the connection....
Any advice I should clearly follow properly ?

I'll be using my mini iphone until this BB 9000 is working correctly and fix up the cosmetic issues in 2 weeks.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #54
homeinmyhead

Carrier: AT and T

I have this problem too I had my Bold 9000 charging on my computer all night it was at 90 percent when i checked i got up this morning it was dead, so i grabbed my wall charger it charged gave me that bold battery image then came back on. I dont know if its my usb connection on the phone or the battery.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #55
samuimuscle

Carrier: DTAC
Default Thanks this tread

I just faced the same problem similar to the folk here. I was thinking maybe because of the software "Quikpull". Don't give me wrong but in the sotfware they have the option set "schedule" or auto reboot. My battery was ver low that night and I thought it completly ran out while rebooting. In the moring my BB9000 not able to turn on just the red light. Well I was tring to pop up battery couple time and connect with power wall. Finally it came back. just wanna share
Old 10-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #56
always trying

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers
Default Nothing works

My blackberry bold was fully charged (through the wall adaptor, not USB) yesterday morning and was on but not in use until mid-morning, when I noticed that the red light was staying on but the screen was black. The red light would go off for a few seconds then try again. Rebooting did nothing. Removing and reinserting the battery (after several minutes) did nothing. Everything looked to be clean and dry, no visible issues.

I read in one of these threads that freezing it might work, so I took it home and stuck it in the freezer for 10 minutes (after reattaching it to the adaptor to see if it could recharge - no change). Lo and behold the freezing worked, but only for a short time. During that time I noticed that the battery had drained quite a bit (since it had been trying to reboot continuously) so I recharged again, however the charging icon was inconsistent. I've since tried the freezing routine a few more times (just freezing the battery alone didn't work) and that still makes it work for a bit, giving me more time to recharge (but not completely) or check emails, as per usual.

Is that just the strangest thing? Any ideas why freezing might work?

I'm getting a replacement under warranty but this sure shakes the faith!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #57
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

No idea why anyone suggested freezing the device. But FYI freezing the battery is a no no.

Any way, nothing is 100% as far as reliability. Don't lose faith.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 10-27-2010, 07:55 AM   #58
renestrada

Carrier: TIGO
Default No Luck

Guys...I have tried alll information in several post with no luck on my 9000 BB
Y get the blank screen with a battery and a red slash when i coneect the BB to the wall charger or USB cable. I did upgrade to 5.0 version and then had this problem, adter using it correctly for 2 days
Try to run apploader to install previous OS version but cannot load it because when it is in the loading process, the blank screen appears and then the pc cannot connect to the bb to continue with the loadins process.
I´ve also tryied the smackin the bb trick, no Try to use the JL_Cmder v1.9.1 wipe out and it doest run on win 7.
Any other idea? Is this a hardware problem? My battery is ok. I change it whit other 9000 user and it works fine, i am using his charged battery right now and I have the same problem.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #59
jiggyboy15

Carrier: smart
Default BB Black-out

I also experienced the same problem (BB Black-out) I asked someone to check the unit. He said "grounded" meaning nasira na yung mismong harware and he was askinng me topay 9,500 to buy a new hardware or else paper weight nalang yung unit ko. Now I am looking for a supplier where I can inquire/purchase that "hardware" hoping I can get it on a lower price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAnne View Post
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask thus anyone of you has also experience a power blacout of your Blackberry Curve. Here's what happen, the battery was drained and after I have fully charged it, It doesnt open anymore. Do you have any clue on how to solve this? Thanks in Advance

Regards,
StAnne
Old 11-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #60
Canalcop

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2
Default 9700 alternating between Red LED & Charging Icon

I had the same problem with my 9700 when I allowed the battery to run flat
it refused to boot and alternated between showing a red led and a white screen with the charging icon displayed. No helpful messages or indication that it was doing anything. After 4 hours it finally booted. It could be that if you let it run completely flat the charger enters a battery precondition mode. The following info is taken from the datasheet of a typical chip that performs the charging function. I have edited some sections to explain in simple laymans terms for those of you that dont have technical knowledge. The majority of charge systems for lithium polymer batteries follow this scheme

Charge Qualification and Preconditioning
"Upon application of an external supply, the charge controller automatically performs a series of safety checks to qualify the charge. The input source voltage must be above the undervoltage lockout threshold, "

Basically this check is for the output voltage of the plugin adapter or usb voltage. it must 5v to begin charging. Some USB ports are not capable of supplying the required current so always try with your supplied wall charger if you have problems. If the voltage is too low charging will not proceed

"The cell temperature monitor must be within the upper and lower thresholds."
This check measures the temperature of the battery. Each battery has a temperature sensor built into it which the charger chip reads. If the battery temperature is too high or too low charging will be suspended. This may be why some posts refer to freezing the battery being a solution. The reason for the temperature sensor is that the battery chemistry can get unstable if there is a fault or if it is being overcharged. This can lead to exploding batteries! hence this safety feature to suspend charging if the battery temperature is outside its normal limits. My advice is not to freeze the battery. If it feels like it is at room temperature then all should be okay and freezing will not work. If it feels hot do not attempt to overide this safety feature by cooling the battery and attempting to fool the charger into charging the battery

If the checks of the plug in adapter voltage and the battery temperature have passed. The charger chip in the phone then attempts a charge cycle as follows

"If the battery voltage is below the preconditioning threshold, the battery is first preconditioned with a tricklecharge. The preconditioning current is set to approximately 10% of the fast charge regulation current. The preconditioning trickle-charge safely replenishes deeply depleted cells and minimizes heat dissipation in the external pass transistor during the initial charge cycle. If the battery voltage has not exceeded the preconditioning threshold before the preconditioning timer has expired, a fault is indicated and the charge cycle is terminated."

What happens in this step is that the chip first measures the voltage of the battery. If it is very deeply discharged it does a pre-charge of only 10% of the normal chargiing current. The reason for this is that the heat generated from the charging process is greatest when the battery is flat. So a small charge is first applied to reduce the heat generated in the phone, wall charge adapter and the battery. This reduces the cost for the manufacturer of the various components in the product. An important point to note is that its only a 10% charge current so If your battery normally charged in 1 hour. The pre-charge current level would take 10 hours to charge. Of course the pre-charge cycle is not intended to charge the battery fully. The charger chip will check the battery voltage periodically and when a threshold is reached it steps on the gas and applies full charging power to the battery. If this threshold is not reached in a preset time the charger chip suspends charging. The charge cycle can only be restarted by power cycling the device. So if you have no luck after a few hours try unplugging the charger for 30 seconds and plug back in to attempt another cycle

I dont know if the above is what is happening but I suspect it is. Only RIM can answer that one. I could measure the battery voltage and the charging current the next time this happens to me to confirm that its using a low current when it displays the charge screen and red led. This is such a PIA that I will try to avoid running the battery flat again, but if it does happen I will post an update. Hope this post is helpful if a bit long winded

Last edited by Canalcop; 11-08-2010 at 11:04 AM..
Closed Thread