Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #21
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Please Login to Remove!

I went to my local VZW store to get my brother a pair of headsets for his phone.. They didn't work, so we went back to swap them out, swapped them out.. The store rep handed my brother back BOTH pairs of headsets (I was busy eyeing up the Tour ) we got home and he mentioned... I told him to throw out the broken pair (why do I want to keep junk around?) The rep called me back almost a week later wanting the broken pair back..... My brother is lazy and did not throw out the headsets... So a simple pair of headsets cost me 3 trips to the VZW store.. next time I mist just go to WalMart.....

I have had some bad luck lately lol.....

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #22
mastdog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: ----
PIN: Go Steelers!
Carrier: AT&T

Steve O

It is funny that your original post is about the same time I left Verizon for a similar reason.

I had my wifes phone turned off for a while when she was having some health issues and I did not want to pay for the service she would not use. So when it came back on we had another line on there for the family plan, this was mid may. Well I gave the phone to my 13 year old, I should have known better.

I get a message from vzw in early June about her bill, I just turned it on 15 days earlier what could be the issue, well my daughter went over her text allotment by 3,800 messages, yes that is not a typo. Well that was a pretty hefty overage bill so I called on June 13th. The rep told me that she could fix it, upgrade me to unlimited text and then give me a credit for the 380 dollars, so all was well with the world...

{scene: dark clouds start to roll in and there is thunder in the distance, mastdog is drinking his coffee unaware of the dangers ahead}

So my wifes bill cuts June 26th and I get paid on the last day of the month so I go online to pay the bill, and what did I see? No credit and a huge late charge % thingy...

So I call in and I am thinking, this will be a quick fix. Well no. The rep tells me that she cannot help me, that there were no NOTES about my conversation on the 13th, that I just called in to see what the message was about. Well that is not true I say, I have my notes right here, and you are wrong. Too bad she says,but as a favor she will give me 90 bucks credit...90 bucks!!! Compared to 380! I was so pissed off it was not funny, so I asked to talk to her supervisor...

{scene: thunder and lightning are all around, a strong wind blows and rain beats mastdog on the head, a tornado is coming, ready to kill all in its path run run RUN}

The Supervisor came on and was very rude. My argument was that I only wanted what I was promised, I was a premier customer thing with the silver card and all that crap, but that I had been a customer for a long time, like 9 years. The supervisor said, and I quote, "I don't care how long you have been a customer, that won't change anything I do for you, if I do anything at all" She also told me that with vzw if you ask to speak to a supervisor that any offer the previous rep gave you is now off the table. So my 90 measly bucks are gone. But she said, " I will do you a favor and still honor that 90 dollars" and I responded that "Well maybe I will do you a favor and pay my damn bill so you get paid" I was furious!!!

Well I waited 4 days to calm down, and called back and got the same frustrating response.

That is why I am now an att customer. I had to leave BB (yes I know I am still hanging around here) because their BB's are not 3g, no wifi unless you drop 200 with contract etc, so I am now on the Nokia, but I can tell you Att has gained a lot of customers locally in the last month, the rep told me about 300 new signups from Vzw which he said is like a record, so something is up...

hope your luck changes, and remember when you rock bottom there are only two ways to go....up and sideways...

Last edited by mastdog; 07-28-2009 at 09:51 AM..
Old 08-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #23
Flight714
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

VZW has a ton of things going for it, but when it comes to replacements, they're terrible. I've seen so many refurbs come into my store with issues right after they replaced the warrantied phone, it's ridiculous. Same thing with insurance, although that's probably Assurion's deal, not Big Red. So while a customer might get a model which has been an amazing success with the majority of the buyers in the past, they're continually getting refurbs with each warranty replacement. A customer recently told me they'd gone through 3 Dare warranties. My boss has gone through 3 Storm replacements.
I can't knock CSRs too much because I know they take crap from customers all day, but there are some incidents that I could talk about that should NEVER have ever occurred. A few days ago I was helping a customer activate his insurance replacement phone and our system wouldn't let us do it. I followed the instructions on the paper they sent him, which was supposed to be a simple, automated process, and was transferred to customer care. I explained to the rep that I'd been transferred and that I couldn't do it in my system. He told me that there were some pending orders (price plan changes, etc) set to go into effect later. I had no idea, and he talked to the customer about it, who yelled for a minute before slamming the phone down and walking out (why do people think it's okay to act like they're 5 years old in a cell phone store?). The CSR called back and yelled at me for not telling him about the pending orders on the account. I told him I didn't know anything about that until he'd told me, then he again yelled at me for not telling him about the pending orders (real genius here; look out Stephen Hawking, you got one on your tail) which I again told him that I didn't know about it, and he hung up on me mid-sentence. Jackass.

Anyways.

Good times.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #24
watadoo

Model: 8330
PIN: i.e. how many bb's on the head of a....
Carrier: at&t

They wanted to run diagnostics for the suppressed key.... Honestly what would that prove..
<<<

You were on vacation. They would first check for Pina colada mix as the culprit and work their way back to Margarita mix and bean dip. Seriously, that was bad customer service. they should have apologized and replaced your refurb unit post haste. no sense in pissing off a customer over a cheap solution from their end.

i don't know and I don't care.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #25
SteveO86

One would think..

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #26
mr_bb

Model: 9000
Carrier: three

Try Three customer services... they just dont understand what you are saying to them and just say the same script......
Old 11-22-2009, 01:24 AM   #27
teetee198

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

Customer service can stink sometimes!
Old 11-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #28
SteveO86

Well. I am going to return the Storm2 and wait for the Tour2.. lets see if customer service can redeem themselves.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #29
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

From a personal point of view, I do understand.

I work in customer service for a telecommunications company, I won't say which one (I know people will assume it's my carrier) and I'm actually in the customer relations department. Some of our care reps screw up so much, that I end up getting the call because the customer is at the point of cancelling. It's always some left out info, or a lack of caring, or just passing the buck. But not all are like that, and that gives me faith.

I'm sorry for your bad experience, with such high demand for a live person to talk to on the phone for help, I sometimes feel that training get's left behind at some point. Or people feel rushed to get the customer off the phone so they don't lose their bonus for not meeting time targets. And then mistakes happen or things are thoroughly investigated.

We're all only human, and it's those who care about helping that will give you the best experience.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #30
SteveO86

O I have considered cancelling on mere principle... However VZW ETF is now threw the roof.. and they will need to really upset in order to get me to cancel, but we will see what happens.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #31
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

Hope it works out for you, whichever way it goes

I've had many people cancel on principal. One guy cancelled because he felt our company had different political views than he did, because he had to pay for fox news on cable with us. He then went on to say it was the most popular news show in the states (I'm in Canada). And I'm just sitting there ready to cancel him because he won't shut up, haha. I don't think discussing political views over the phone with customers is very appropriate, and since I wouldn't say anything it was more waiting for him to stop "educating me".
Old 11-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #32
davidandrew
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: Ask.
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHawk3 View Post
eh, I called t-mo once about my trackball not being able to scroll left, they told me to wipe the device and reload the software.
Hahahahaha At&t told my sister to do the same thing.
I have a feeling they have this basic list of protocols they just read off to you.
Closed Thread