Old 09-23-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
ZeroKool
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
PIN: nope
Carrier: verizon
Question Sending External emails problem. Round 2

Please Login to Remove!

This is some what related to a past post to which there is NO anser for. Not even RIM has a solution.

Search here for "external email" Post is under user pauuu

Anyones input would be most helpful on this one.

PROBLEM:

Win2k3 / 3.0 pentium / 3gigs
NEW 4.1 BES. 2 users
Domino 7.1. / Mail server seperate.

Moved USER from old BES to new BES. Everything worked fine for 1day. The next day USER started getting Delivery failure messages while sending from handheld to external email address.

(This is same concept as the previous post, but different errors. USERS with mailing problems are in the same company and now on the same BES)

Mail failure:
Delivery Failure Report

Your message: Testing the messages
was not delivered to: "John Doe" <jdoe@servicesource.com>
because: Error transferring to smtp-sfo-inap.SERVICESOURCE.COM; SMTP Protocol Returned a Permanent Error 550 <john_doe2/xxx@default.com> ...Relaying denied

(the /xxx are the initials of the domino server)

I have tested the smtp for both domains. Everything is clean. Can send and receive all day long. I'm not a Domino Admin but I wonder if SERVICESOURCE.com is rejecting the email because of the john_doe/xxx@default.com

Any help would be awesome.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Have you tried a different device?

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-23-2006, 10:19 PM   #3
ZeroKool
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
PIN: nope
Carrier: verizon

HAHA. Thats what I asked the USER. Only thing is. We just host the Companys BES and Domino server and do support. We originally had their domino and their BES was with someone else. We then aquired their BES and then the problems started. Kinda strange. I didnt set it up by the way. A hand-me-down problem. Love em....
Old 09-25-2006, 01:17 AM   #4
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

For BES 4.1, whenever a user sends a message from the handheld, it will deposit it into the MAIL.BOX local to that user. For example...

if userA is from the SAME Domino domain as the BES, then it will deposit the message into MAIL.BOX on the BES Domino server.

if userB is from a FORIEGN Domino domain, then it will deposit the message into MAIL.BOX of the mail server of userB.

Hence, you need to determine which domain the user is from and then troubleshoot from there. Basically, you need to ensure that the server for which the message is depositing the message, it can route SMTP outbound messages.

Good luck!
Old 10-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #5
ArminHammer

Model: 8130e
Thumbs up Error 5.1.0 550 Sending Email Problem

This is what I have done for the company I work for...We started getting the problems in Aug until now (Oct)...also Bell Canada is no help at all.

Because of the upgrade from BIS 1.8 to 2.0...they didnt merge the version right...so any email created with version 1.8 will get those problems using version 2.0.

You need to create a new email...if you delete the current blackberry email address...it will not be deleted until 30 days from the RIM servers.

Example:

[email address] < thats for Bell Canada Users

Change it to:

[email address]

Just doing that it works...if any provider tells you that its a spam filter or your service book on the handheld is out of date...HANG UP THE PHONE...

Just making that small change...EVERYTHING is back to normal...
Closed Thread