BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 06:06 AM   #1
taid

Model: 7230
Default TCP/IP memory error

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys,
I used the search function and couldn't find anything about my error, I also tried to google it with no luck.

I get the following error every couple of days to a week and it requires I reboot the server to get the BES back up and running.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

(The TCP/IP protocol stack reported that it ran out of memory. Consult your network documentation to increase configured memory, or reduce Notes connections by limiting clients (see SERVER_MAXSESSIONS parameter in Notes Admin Guide). 0x1C68)

I have added a Server_MaxSessions=30 since that is the number of licences I have and a Session time out timer of 45 minutes.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:04 AM   #2
BlackBerryLinks
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodafone

This does not look as a BlackBerry problem, but a Lotus Domino problem. On your BES/Domino server try to decrease the Server_MaxSessions, becouse it is the maximum concurrent Domino/Notes sessions.
Check also if you have the latest Domino patch/upgrade installed.

Also it always helps if you tell wich versions of software you use....

Regards,
Bob
Old 06-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #3
jtan

Model: 8700v

I also encounter the same problem here in my BES 4.1.0.41 Domino deployment on Domino Notes 6.5.4. Server hang with TCP/IP stack out of memory error. Not sure if its a bug of BES 4.1. Thinking of downgrade it to BES 4.0.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:46 AM   #4
cjs

Model: 8707
Carrier: O2
Default Also a problem on 4.0

I am also experiencing this problem after adding additional users to our BES.

We are running
BES 4.0.4.3
Domino 6.5.3
Windows 2000 Standard Server SP4

The new users are NOT in the same Domino Domain as the BES, I was suspecting this as the cause of the memory leak.

I also see a lot of connections to some of our Domino mail servers from the BES server.

Anyone found a solution to this problem yet?
Old 06-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #5
cjs

Model: 8707
Carrier: O2
Default Upgrade Domino to 6.5.4

This is an issue with Domino. You need to upgrade the Domino server BES is installed on to 6.5.4.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
Davinci1969
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230
Carrier: Vodafone NZ

Hi there,

taid, can you tell me if you ever got this issue resolved. I have a customer who is having exactly the same issue. He is running the BES 4.0.6.7 on a Windows 2003 SP1 box and has Domino 6.5.4 SP1.

His original problem started when he installed a product called 12D software solution which is used for terrain model and civil engineer work. He started experiencing memory leaks so tried service packing to SP1. From there he went to SP1 Hot Fix 1, HF2, then HF3. He then tried SP6 and Hotfixes 1,2,4 (he's persistent that's for real!).

The error message he receives is exactly as you have mentioned above:

(The TCP/IP protocol stack reported that it ran out of memory. Consult your network documentation to increase configured memory, or reduce Notes connections by limiting clients (see SERVER_MAXSESSIONS parameter in Notes Admin Guide). 0x1C68)

They have put in a script to minimise the Domino Client every so often as for some strange reason this will clear the claimed memory and they start over again. If they leave it, the server gets to the point where it can no longer function.

Has anyone come up with anything that could help here. I have tried Google and the references I get seem to be related to Domino specifically. It seems to be a fairly generic statement which does not clarify which application is at fault.

If he shuts down the 12D service then the BES continues to operate successfully. However, if he sets the 12D service to 'Manual' and then restarts the box, the BES will not function.

It doesn't help that he also installed some of the Service packs with an Admin account other than the BES System Account. He has changed the services to all log in with the same account now but the Dispatcher, Policy and Sync service need to be restarted manually if you restart the box.

A mess I know, but I am only interested at this stage in whether anyone else has been able to resolve this memory leak issue.

Thanks heaps everyone
Davinci1969
Old 03-07-2007, 06:16 AM   #7
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by taid
Hi Guys,
I used the search function and couldn't find anything about my error, I also tried to google it with no luck.

I get the following error every couple of days to a week and it requires I reboot the server to get the BES back up and running.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

I have added a Server_MaxSessions=30 since that is the number of licences I have and a Session time out timer of 45 minutes.
Hey taid,

My experience has been that this specific error message means what it says. There is a possible memory leak. Upgrade your Domino BES to either 6.5.4 FP1 or 6.5.5. There are many memory improvements in them.