BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #21
adjuster11
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

For you early birds who beat me to the punch, can you snap a photo, and email that jpeg, to someone as an attachment to the email?

I want to make sure it doesn't convert it, change it, or make you go to Verizon's blasted web site to view it on the other end.

Envy in Denver
Old 11-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #22
Arcangel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: APPLE
Carrier: AT&T white 32G iPhone 3GS

hey wild satchmo your opinion is invalid i have had bb for the past 10 years except for a short stint with the iphone, so my storm has no issues. so either yours is faulty or your a nit picker
Old 11-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #23
misterbulldog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

IMHO, early adoptors of any new technology need to have a little patience and give it a chance. It will take time to get all of the bugs resolved. I'm sure RIM wants this to succeed so they will get the major bugs fixed as quickly as they can. If anyone received their Storm recently and are ready to return it, let this be a lesson. Whenever something new is released, don't buy it. Wait until the 2nd Gen is released.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #24
mosssj

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A

just bought mine yesterday and seems to be pretty solid so far
Old 11-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #25
tstrike

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Had mine since Friday and having played with it all weekend, things have gotten a lot easier.... I removed the VZ Nav and that made things a bit more speedier....

Its now second nature to me, like my Curve... Still gotta build up some strength in my hands to increase my type speed but it aint that bad.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:56 PM   #26
PDXbyStorm

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjerome View Post
If the rotation takes an extra 2 seconds so what!?
The first day I found that the rotation was taking too long after some use. The tech at Verizon guessed I had too many programs running in the background. Press down on the menu key till it beeps a few times, see all programs that are open, click on them then go and close them, and voila! We're up and running faster than before. A nice trick that I am glad he showed me, and glad to share on the forum for anyone is unfamiliar with it.

So it helps to close programs if you are not using them.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #27
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbulldog View Post
IMHO, early adoptors of any new technology need to have a little patience and give it a chance. It will take time to get all of the bugs resolved. I'm sure RIM wants this to succeed so they will get the major bugs fixed as quickly as they can. If anyone received their Storm recently and are ready to return it, let this be a lesson. Whenever something new is released, don't buy it. Wait until the 2nd Gen is released.
Just like I would have said it "Misterbulldog"!....

I'll be receiving my Storm tomorrow thru Fed Ex and I'm really excited about it even though I may encounter some issues like many here are complaining about I'll just be hopefull that those issues will be addressed fairly soon. Yes, I could wait till next year when the second edition Storm may come out but I'm just way too impatient to wait that long maybe I would do that if Verizon had the Bold to tide me over till then....
Old 11-25-2008, 03:11 PM   #28
misterbulldog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by user242 View Post
Just like I would have said it "Misterbulldog"!....

I'll be receiving my Storm tomorrow thru Fed Ex and I'm really excited about it even though I may encounter some issues like many here are complaining about I'll just be hopefull that those issues will be addressed fairly soon. Yes, I could wait till next year when the second edition Storm may come out but I'm just way too impatient to wait that long maybe I would do that if Verizon had the Bold to tide me over till then....
Thanks "user242". I ordered mine the day after the release. I don't know when I'll receive it but I'm being patient. Ready to upgrade from the 8703e. Always ready to try something new.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #29
Scalfi

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I would hardly say you are "hating" if you have some legitimate complaints about the phone.

I love my Storm, but initially had some big issues with battery draining and a constant data connection that was making it sluggish and draining the battery. I think when your battery is only lasting 5 - 6 hours you are allowed to complain a little.

As far as it "taking two seconds" for the screen to flip from horizontal to vertical and vice versa, I think a lot of people were expecting something as smooth as the Iphone.

My daughter has an Itouch, and it is crazy smooth. The slight lag doesn't bother me at all.

That being said, I love my Storm, and if everyone who hasn't had any troubles with theirs... but eventually have some troubles... feel free to post and I will try to help you with your complaints.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #30
sas1

I have to agree with the OP. I played with the display at the store and didn't like it and thought I was going to stick with my pearl, but once someone I work with got one and i played with theirs I was hooked and ran out and got one today. I was an early adopter with the iphone and it had its problems too. The storm is a great addition to the blackberry line and will only get better in time.
Closed Thread