BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #81
rtermeer70

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T(Cingular)

Please Login to Remove!

I have BSE along with the Seidio Rubberized case and it is a great setup!!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #82
GigEm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: att (Cingular)
Question what about seidio extended battery?

I've been looking at inviisible skins for my new Curve as well.

Question: I'm going to use Seidio's extended battery - invisible skins cust service says their skins aren't made to cover that.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #83
PeaceOut

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

What's it look like with the extended battery?
Not sure...If they say it doesn't work...I assume it won't.

You can have it cover the front at least. Although, I think only the screen is necessary.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #84
GigEm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOut View Post
What's it look like with the extended battery?
Not sure...If they say it doesn't work...I assume it won't.

You can have it cover the front at least. Although, I think only the screen is necessary.
Looks like this (thanks to Seidio):

Old 02-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #85
PeaceOut

if you look at my prior post with the image of the pieces that you get from invisible shield...you can cover the camera part but the battery part will be left bare.

So i guess it depends on how much you need covered. Might just be better to get the front version to cover just the screen.

Good luck
Old 02-20-2008, 04:24 PM   #86
GigEm

Quote:
if you look at my prior post with the image of the pieces that you get from invisible shield...you can cover the camera part but the battery part will be left bare.

So i guess it depends on how much you need covered. Might just be better to get the front version to cover just the screen.

Good luck
Thanks PeaceOut
Old 03-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #87
BluewaterRocket

Model: 8300

Best Skins Ever - great product, great price. I've purchased them for my BB8310, my daughter's IPOD, my sons PSP, and my Cowon D2 Media player. They are easy to apply, not at all noticeable on the device, and provide great scratch resistance. Best Skins Ever Home Page
Old 03-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #88
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

I am a happy customer of the BSE. i applied it to me and my girlxxx8217;s phone. The bubbles worked themselves right out after 2 days. I probably need something for shock protection but 30 bucks for seido case just isnxxx8217;t reasonable IMO. Maybe I will break down one day but for right now it isnxxx8217;t worth it.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 03-24-2008, 06:19 PM   #89
ej25
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
I received my invisible shield the other day and got the time to put it on yesterday.

I got the full body version and to tell you the truth, it's not really full body. It leaves quite a bit exposed to nicks and scratches. The pieces were also smaller than it should be. Slightly disappointed but the material sticks well and I'd say it's better than most products out there. Not quite the OCD product.

There are 11 pieces but I didn't use piece 7 and 8 because my curve has rubber on those sides and I like the feel. Piece 4 and 5 are really small and don't cover a full corners.

I'd give it a 8 out of 10 for the curve.

Attachment 10487
i feel the exact same way about the full body Protech i just got. but its nice, thick and cover the whole screen. i also didnt put on the sides cuz i think the rubber will be fine.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #90
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon

I wouldn't suggest the Seidio screen protector anymore. Its already messed up and bubbly.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com
Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #91
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldconfession13 View Post
I wouldn't suggest the Seidio screen protector anymore. Its already messed up and bubbly.
I'm sorry you're having problems with your screen protector. The only reason you should have any bubbles at all is if there are particles under the screen protector. Also...because our screen protector doesn't use any glue you can simply remove it, wash it with soap and water, and reapply.

When i'm applying our protector, I also use scotch tape to remove anything that flies through the air and sticks to it before I can apply it to the screen.

Hope this helps. If not, please email me at [email address].

Thanks,
Old 03-27-2008, 11:17 PM   #92
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

I used to use the Seidio screen protector, but the benefit of not using any adhesive is also is weakness. The protector is also the most prone to bubbles immediately after application. The Seidio (also due to no adhesive) has the smallest coverage area of any of the screen protectors I have used. I currently use the Screen Protronus, and have only stopped using BSE due to price.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:02 AM   #93
BB3503

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Default Plastic Case For Blackberry Curve

Visit Speck.com Or You May Find A Plastic Case Available For Your Curve At A Local Tmobile Store Which Sells For $10.00 Usd
Old 03-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #94
novafluxx

Just ordered my Invisible Shield for my Curve (8310), got the screen protector for 5.97 even, not bad! I think this thread ROCKS! I loved the coverage images on page 2! Thats the sort of info we all need!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #95
ej25
Thumbs Must Hurt

been using the ProTech for 2 weeks now. its nice and think and protects the entire glass screen. its all ive used but i recommend it
Old 03-28-2008, 06:38 AM   #96
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have all three.

All got their plus and minuses

InvisibleShield is great. I do notice a difference between this and the Best Skin ever. The invisible shield has a lifetime warranty, which actually works. Its slightly thinner than the best skin ever, but from some reason, its tougher! It's actually a lot harder to put on VS the best skin ever. Downside is the expensive price, and how long these guys take to send the darn thing out! Seriously, two weeks. The lifetime replacement does work, but you have to pay for shipping a replacement to you ($2.50 I think), along with paying to mail back your "bad" one (just shove it in an envelope with some stamps. This screen protector covers the whole complete screen bezel piece, which I like.

As for the best skin ever, its a very good price, everytime I've bought it, its been superfast. I don't not find it as tough as the invisible shield. It's also turns yellow alot easier, and stretches easily. If you ever pull it off, its pretty tough to keep it the same size. I've been sucessful pulling off invisibleshields and not having it stretch. I find this easiest to install for some reason. I don't mind the "wet" install, this one gives you plenty of time to adjust it while its still wet. For some reason, the invisibleshield gets super sticky right away no matter what you use or how wet you get it. You basically got to lay it correct the first time. Best skins ever installs a lot cleaner. This screen protector doesn't cover your whole screen bezel piece. It actually doesn't cover the area next to the end and send keys (which is a small area) but covers past the screen bezel and onto the top of the front faceplate, which I find weird.

Screen patronous, comes in a pack of three which is good. It's about $8 to ship to you, which, well depending on how you look at it. These are different. They are very fingerprint resistant! The other ones, because of the material attracts so much fingerprints, i'm constantly cleaning, screen patronus on the other hand, none really. The material is different, its basically a stiff piece of plastic and its so clear. This is truely, clear, like its not there. The material sticks on using static, theres no water need. I find this harder to install. Because of the static cling, if you get a piece of dust stuck under it, it is very very bothersome! I've bought these twice (2 packs of 3). I've basically destroyed all of them. I always ruin the first two when installing, then finally get it on good. Overtime, it will fall off or one of the corners lift up and dust or debris gets under it. I dunno how to explain it. The inside of the scree protector is some sort of sticky material, if you ever touch it, its impossible you get your fingerprint off, you basically ruined it. Also if dust or debris is under the screen after you install it, and try to push it out with the air bubbles, you end up scratching the inside of the screen protector, ruining it. Screen patronous website also states that you should replace it every 2-3 months. The guys are super fast at shipping as well. Because of the nature of this material, the screen can only cover completely flat surfaces, since the curve does have a curver on the top of the screen bezel. This screen protector basically covers just the viewable screen part.

I've bought the best skins ever once for my curve (i've bought it before for other phones). I've bought the invisible shields once and screen patronus twice. I'm still sticking with the invisible shield, only its because I like the way the way it covers the screen (the whole sceen bezel) and its tough as hell. I'll never have to worry about it, unless I replace my blackberry again. Honestly if you can get over the wait time, its green, the lifetime replacement is great. Thats the reason I bought the screen patronus, as a backup. It was on my phone while I was waiting for the invisible shield. I actually kept it on even longer until it came off. I do love the way it feels, its more "pleasant" to touch compared to the others.

Last edited by BallHawk3; 03-28-2008 at 06:43 AM..
Old 04-02-2008, 03:02 AM   #97
windycitybberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
Most ones that stick on will leave a residue but rubbing alcohol will take it right off. I think the one JS is talking about is made to come on and off if I'm not mistaken.
is it okay to use rubbing alcohol to clean the screen on my curve?

any other suggestions to get it and keep it looking like new?
Old 04-02-2008, 05:42 AM   #98
ej25
Thumbs Must Hurt

i used rubbing alcohol to clean the entire screen and body before i put on the protech full body
Old 04-04-2008, 03:56 AM   #99
Royal-pda

Model: 7100T
PIN: 420111801001552
Carrier: US

Dear,
We would like to introduce our company and products, hope that we may build business cooperation in the future. xxx12288;xxx12288;
xxx12288;xxx12288;
We are factory specializing in the manufacture and export of Pda Accessories for more than seven years. Our price is very competitive because we are manufactory, we are the source. You are welcome to visit our website ROYAL Electronics - PDA Phone accessories for Dell, Handspring, HP, Compaq, iPAQ, Palm, HTC, Motorola, Verizon, LG, T-Mobile and more which includes our company profiles, history and something
latest products.
xxx12288;xxx12288;
Should any of these items be of interest to you, please let us know, We will be happy to give you
details.

As a very active manufactures, we develop new products nearly every month, If you have interest in it, it ' s my pleasure to offer news to you regular.

Best regards,
Old 04-04-2008, 03:58 AM   #100
Royal-pda

Model: 7100T
PIN: 420111801001552
Carrier: US

Offer:Pda Accessories,car charger,travel charger,stylus, Cables. High Quality, Low price.

Henry Lu
INTERNATIONAL DEPT.
ROYAL Electronic company
TELxxx65306;86 755 83980384
FAXxxx65306;86 755 83981842
E-MAILxxx65306;Henry@royal-pda.com
[email address]
WEBSITExxx65306;http://www.royal-pda.comxxx12288;
Closed Thread