BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
roderic100

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT & T (Was Cingular)
Default Maiking Email Work Properly.

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Curve 8300 and I have a couple of email related questions.

I want to only see items from the INBOX. When I move an item out from inbox to another folder it still shows it on the BB. If I choose the " View Folder " option and select the INBOX it filters out all the other emails but I lose this view everytime I leave the mail program. How do I keep it set to only show the inbox ?

The other question is I am also retrieving IMAP email from another email provider. It seems that when I delete the emails from my mail client (on my computer) it does not inform the blackberry and they remain in my inbox until I delete them off the BB.

In an attempt to get rid of those emails I made the mistake of " Delete Prior " and now I cannot see any BES emails from my company received prior to this step. Ooops! How do I get them to show again?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Welcome to the forums.

To hide filed messages go into Messages -> Options -> General Options and set 'Hide Files Messages' to 'Yes'.

Delete prior .... sorry, can't get those back. But they will not be deleted from your company email account. That command only deletes them from the BB. If you want them back you'd have to either restore from a backup (if you have one) or resend them to yourself.

Not sure about the IMAP deletion.....
Old 10-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
roderic100

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT & T (Was Cingular)
Default IMAP Sync - Terrible Lag Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Welcome to the forums.

To hide filed messages go into Messages -> Options -> General Options and set 'Hide Files Messages' to 'Yes'.

Delete prior .... sorry, can't get those back. But they will not be deleted from your company email account. That command only deletes them from the BB. If you want them back you'd have to either restore from a backup (if you have one) or resend them to yourself.

Not sure about the IMAP deletion.....
It seems that most of the times when I do delete the emails (either on the BB or from my outlook client) the lag time it take to propagate from one place to the other is significant. Why does this take so long? Even when I do a " reconcile now " it still does not show the messages (new or removed/delete)
Any ideas?
Closed Thread