BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 04:23 AM   #1
elazarus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default My T-Mobile 7230 broke...is the Carm the new way to go....

Please Login to Remove!

My 7230 keeps freezing up....Today the manager of the T-mobile store will take care of me...is the Charm a better phone? Is the Charm a better e-mail device.

In the past 4 days I have used my Nokia 6610 instead of the broken Blackberry and it gave me new life regarding cell phones...I can hear the Nokia Ring and it is easier than a blackberry to use....

Do I switch to the Charm or stay with the 7230 model?

Thank you

Elliot
Old 02-22-2005, 07:43 AM   #2
blkberryboy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

Yes if the phone feature is important to you. Each phone offers it's own pros and cons, I really love the 7100t, even though I'm not a huge TMO fan, but thats another story. As far as an e-mail device it works fine for me. BB has a good thing going with the 7100 series, yes it needs a little tweeking but what piece of technology doesn't?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
B~B

Model: 9530
Carrier: Vzw

from a previous user of a 7230 and 6710, now using the 7100t for about two weeks:

the 7100t is a much better phone due to the size/comfort factor without earpiece.

as for email it's very capable and suretype works better over time, eventually becoming second nature. however, the 7100t model is slightly less functional for email than other BBs due to the key spacing. especially so for those with bigger hands/fingers as there is no spacing at all between the keys. though it's not a huge complaint and a reasonable tradeoff.

for heavy email users the 7100t may be a challenging migration, but if you're looking for a well rounded phone and email device it beats all other BBs and smartphones imo.

the only thing stopping this from being a great device is the limited bluetooth functionality.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:12 PM   #4
kirson
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Check out the other 7100 versions. I can't remember which, but the X or the G has a MUCH better keyboard layout (similar to the original Vodafone model). Since there is a space between the keys you gain both tactile sensation and finger positioning...

Ian
Closed Thread