BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #1
tech challenged

Model: 8700
Default Puhleeze Help....

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, i'm ready to throw this fancy piece of *&*^* out the window and go back to my $50 Samsung phone.

Question for those smarter than me and that's probably most of you:

I have a small office in chicago. I myself am mobile but I have a laptop. I connect to email via Outlook and I can get it via the web also. Can it really be true that without a BES in my office, there's no way to get my work email onto this BB unless my computer is turned on???????

I am the only one with a Blackberry so there won't ever be a BES. Everyone else has a Treo but I was told that if you use Outlook, BB is the way to go. Give me a break. Please tell me I"m missing something here or all i've got is a fancy Palm Pilot. It also seems that i can't get my Yahoo email on this thing either because i'm not upgraded to Y-Plus. True? I can live without that but my work stuff is the reason i bought this overpriced datebook in the first place.

Help.

BK
Old 04-17-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
Shelveen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c

its true that you cant get your yahoo email without the yahoo plus which is about 19.99 a year. i have it becuase i really need it...
Old 04-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
philton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
PIN: 32ba516d
Carrier: Alltel

Who is your carrier?

What device do you have?
Old 04-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #4
nsbalt
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700C

I had no problem at all getting yahoo mail pushed to my BB without signing up for the $19.99 plus option. I have an 8700c on Tmobile.

Also, here is a link about the 8700g and some information abput RIM and Yahoo..

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/top/black...ile-167828.php

quote from the link...

"And there’s some extra good news for Yahoo users—thanks to RIM’s expanding partnership with Yahoo, you can now enjoy the joys of push technology and receive your Yahoo mail in real time."

Last edited by nsbalt; 04-17-2006 at 09:46 PM..
Old 04-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
cooperpwc
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

A work-around I use is to have my workplace ISP automatically redirect a copy of every email to my Blackberry. This is a clean forward: it comes to my Blackberry as if from the original sender. Of course a copy also lands in my Outlook inbox.

I also set up my Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) to Auto BCC a copy of every email I send from my Blackberry to my work address. (You set this up on BIS in the Profile page). Lastly I set up a filter in BIS (Filter page) to recognise emails that have been BCCed to my work address and therefore bounce back to my Blackberry. I have it auto-filter them to the BIS Deleted Folder without forwarding them on to my 8700. (It looks for the Sent address; this prevents every email I send out from my Blackberry from bouncing back to my Blackberry.) Might not sound elegant but it works very well.

FYI Yahoo integration by autoforwarding with Yahoo Plus works great. I talked about it in my post here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=31903

Last edited by cooperpwc; 04-17-2006 at 09:48 PM..
Old 04-17-2006, 09:48 PM   #6
philton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
PIN: 32ba516d
Carrier: Alltel

Wow that is a viscious cycle you put your poor email through

Seriously that is a good idea.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:49 PM   #7
archiberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

TMobile with the BIS2.0 synchs up with Yahoo mail really well, without any sort of upgrades. With the method that cooperpwc has described above, you can get email from your work email and then respond back using your work address.

I get email and can send email out of the blackberry using my work email (via foward, default email address on blackberry), or gmail (via pop), or yahoo (via direct synchronization). Works really well. Search some more on this forum and you will find all the answers.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #8
chrisnol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech challenged
Ok, i'm ready to throw this fancy piece of *&*^* out the window and go back to my $50 Samsung phone.

Question for those smarter than me and that's probably most of you:

I have a small office in chicago. I myself am mobile but I have a laptop. I connect to email via Outlook and I can get it via the web also. Can it really be true that without a BES in my office, there's no way to get my work email onto this BB unless my computer is turned on???????

I am the only one with a Blackberry so there won't ever be a BES. Everyone else has a Treo but I was told that if you use Outlook, BB is the way to go. Give me a break. Please tell me I"m missing something here or all i've got is a fancy Palm Pilot. It also seems that i can't get my Yahoo email on this thing either because i'm not upgraded to Y-Plus. True? I can live without that but my work stuff is the reason i bought this overpriced datebook in the first place.

Help.

BK
Use your carrier's Blackberry Internet Service (this is called BIS which is different from BES). Set up the BIS to fetch your email from your ISP and forward it to your Blackberry; its a simple set up.

The BIS will check your ISP every 15 minutes and then forward any new emails to your Blackberry. You can also set up on the BIS your "sent from" address for your Blackberry to be your normal email address and also set up a signature for the BB to be your normal email signature. To all the world it will look like all of your emails sent from the BB (whether new emails or replies) come from your normal email and not form your BB.

Last edited by chrisnol; 04-17-2006 at 10:40 PM..
Old 04-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #9
cooperpwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiberry
TMobile with the BIS2.0 synchs up with Yahoo mail really well, without any sort of upgrades. With the method that cooperpwc has described above, you can get email from your work email and then respond back using your work address.

I get email and can send email out of the blackberry using my work email (via foward, default email address on blackberry), or gmail (via pop), or yahoo (via direct synchronization). Works really well. Search some more on this forum and you will find all the answers.
I keep hoping that Rogers will upgrade to BIS2.0. It sounds great!
Old 04-17-2006, 10:43 PM   #10
chrisnol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc
A work-around I use is to have my workplace ISP automatically redirect a copy of every email to my Blackberry. This is a clean forward: it comes to my Blackberry as if from the original sender. Of course a copy also lands in my Outlook inbox.

I also set up my Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) to Auto BCC a copy of every email I send from my Blackberry to my work address. (You set this up on BIS in the Profile page). Lastly I set up a filter in BIS (Filter page) to recognise emails that have been BCCed to my work address and therefore bounce back to my Blackberry. I have it auto-filter them to the BIS Deleted Folder without forwarding them on to my 8700. (It looks for the Sent address; this prevents every email I send out from my Blackberry from bouncing back to my Blackberry.) Might not sound elegant but it works very well.

FYI Yahoo integration by autoforwarding with Yahoo Plus works great. I talked about it in my post here:
What happens for true bcc's that others send to you (not bcc's that you send from your BB)? Do they not make it to your BB or is it only sent to the deleted folder if they come from you?

Last edited by chrisnol; 04-17-2006 at 10:56 PM..
Old 04-17-2006, 11:00 PM   #11
cooperpwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnol
What happens for true bcc's that others send to you (not bcc's that you send from your BB)? Do they not make it to your BB or is it only sent to the deleted folder if they come from you?
The second guess is correct. The filter has nothing to do with To, CC, or BCC. It merely looks for my email address in the From field and filters it accordingly. (Note that the filter sees the From address that you designate in BIS which may differ from your actual blackberry.net address; therefore set the filter to look for your designated From address.)
Old 04-18-2006, 01:51 AM   #12
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I do something similar but slightly different.

I've set up a seperate email address altogether and auto BCC all sent mail to that address. outlook in turn marks those messages read and moves them to my sent items automaticaly. Therefore I have a complete "sent" box in my outlook and I don't see sent emails in my inbox- ever.

example"

My email address is [email address]
My auto BCC is "blackberry-sent@company.com"

Outlook takes any emails that come through the blackberry-sent account and automatically tags them as sent messages and puts them in my sent mail folder on my computer.

Works like a charm! And I love how transparent it is.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:50 AM   #13
ChristianinCA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc

I just pay $19.77 a month to exchange my mail. Well...my company does. :o) In any event..I'd pay twice that much for their BES and their expertise. Their customer service alone is worth that much a month!!
Google Talk: Christianinca
Email: text [email address]
Old 04-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #14
tech challenged

Default 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by philton
Who is your carrier?

What device do you have?
I have the 8700 and my carrier is cingular.

I have tried repeatedly to go through the BIS by entering my URL and my user name. Unless i've got the name wrong, it won't take the email address.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:27 PM   #15
tech challenged

Default Bes?

[QUOTE=cooperpwc]A work-around I use is to have my workplace ISP automatically redirect a copy of every email to my Blackberry. This is a clean forward: it comes to my Blackberry as if from the original sender. Of course a copy also lands in my Outlook inbox.

I don't understand. Do you have a BES at your office? I don't. It sounds like you are getting it direct from your mail server at work? I won't be able to do that if that's the case.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #16
tech challenged

Default Bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnol
Use your carrier's Blackberry Internet Service (this is called BIS which is different from BES). Set up the BIS to fetch your email from your ISP and forward it to your Blackberry; its a simple set up.

The BIS will check your ISP every 15 minutes and then forward any new emails to your Blackberry. You can also set up on the BIS your "sent from" address for your Blackberry to be your normal email address and also set up a signature for the BB to be your normal email signature. To all the world it will look like all of your emails sent from the BB (whether new emails or replies) come from your normal email and not form your BB.

I've tried about 50 different combinations of URL addresses, user names, mailbox names on the BIS setup screen and it won't accept the email address. Just keeps saying it can't integrate it. That's what prompted my post.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:41 PM   #17
cooperpwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech challenged
I don't understand. Do you have a BES at your office? I don't. It sounds like you are getting it direct from your mail server at work? I won't be able to do that if that's the case.
We don't have BES. We are not even integrated properly with Microsoft Exchange. So Desktop Redirector or Microsoft Outlook forwarding rules are not options for me either (although both would require that I leave my computer on and that it not crash...). The forwarding is done at the server level in my case but you may have to ask your company's ISP to do it. It depends on your office's email system. Either way, you will need the assistance of your IT department.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #18
jwasnick
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: t-mobile

TC: if you are using a web url such as http://webmail.companyname.com try this: https://webmail.companyname.com/exchange

then your userid should be [email address] and your password

obviously replace companyname with your specific companyname...and make sure you have https as the lead characters. this also assumes you have webmail access.

I am not a cingular customer but I am a BIS user. Let me know if this works.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:57 PM   #19
joginder

Model: Passp

1.Cingular has BIS and you will be able to forward all your emails to your BB 8700c without any problems.
2.You do not need BES for your needs and I have one 8700c and thru T-mo and all my office emails are coming thru a small client called Mail Connector which syncs emails between my office and my BB.

3. You can install this small MailConnector on any desktop PC and you don't have to have it on your Mobile PC.

4. As from this forums you can see that it is very hard to work with Cingular because people have no clue over there about BB..

5. T-mo has much much better BB support and staffed is loaded with knowledge. I am with T-mo for 2 yrs and only have data serviice and my voice plan is still from Cingular..
Old 04-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #20
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: SOLD
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by joginder
5. T-mo has much much better BB support and staffed is loaded with knowledge. I am with T-mo for 2 yrs and only have data serviice and my voice plan is still from Cingular..
Are you saying you have data with TMo and voice with Cingular on the same device?

Closed Thread