Old 08-31-2007, 11:59 PM   #1
Jon_Hanson
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 2420BE36
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Time tracking software

Please Login to Remove!

I think my next phone is going to be the Blackberry Curve whenever T-Mobile releases it.

I do a little consulting work on the side and would like an easy way to keep track of my billable time on the phone. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good application for time tracking and billing?
Old 09-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Moved to Aftermarket Software
Old 09-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

You would think, at least I would think, this would be a big killer application but it doesn't seem to get much interest generated here when a thread opens up. You can check Handango – The Official Site: Downloads For Your Mobile Device for available software.
I use bizTrackIt by Shrunken Head Software. It works well but the BB interface is very basic. It is difficult to figure out what is in the database without having an email report sent. I tried other software but it was so long ago I don't recall the names, needless to say they weren't as good. I have seen the mform package on handango and I've been thinking of trying that but just haven't had the time. I've been putting that off as handibase has the "to be released soon" title on they're software but it has been vaporware thus far.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

There is a database package that is available for the BB called HanDbase. I used it on the Palm side of the world. Fairly nice desktop interface as well. This allows you to write apps using the database. On their web site, they have a number of canned solutions, and I'll bet that one includes time tracking. I wrote one for the Palm side, and have considered migrating it over.

Note, however, that I have not used this program on the BB. I do know that it will not write to card storage -- everything must be on the device.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
mtills

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint

I have been searching for this type of solution ever since I came to the BB over a year ago. I have an old PocketPC application called TimeTtracker from R&F Consulting, Inc.: Home that is exceptional. It integrates directly with Quickbooks timer module and allows archiving time and expenses. Simply an excellent app. I have been searching and trying time tracker applications for over a year and have tried all of them. They do not hold a candle to this application which is a bummer since I want to drop the pocketPC...Hate 2 devices..Most of the BB apps seem to want have a "timer" solution where you punch in and out. Certainly not real world for a busy consultant doing multiple things. Plus they want to email the file to you instead of exporting it. Man, I would hate some spam filter to catch that file with all of my hours. That would be costly. I just want to get out of a customer site and type in 4 hours and type in a detailed description of what I did and have it come into Quickbooks or a CSV file.

But, as someone just mentioned I downloaded Handbase for the BB and it is awesome. I took one of the canned apps and modified it a bit and was up and running with what I need in an hour. But, I did not do the quickbooks app integration yet but it does seem that you have import/export options..I will work on that.

Anyway, for some reason any type of useful app (at least for me) does not exist on the BB...I guess we will write our own.

Mike
Closed Thread