Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
essay182
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: VZW
Default Verizon 7250 EVDO Upgrade Questions

Please Login to Remove!

I have the 7250 and while I dont live in an area with EVDO, I still travel a lot and when I go to citys that are EVDO enabled I would like to be able to take advantage of that.

I was wondering if it is possible to do the whole EVDO upgrade while outside an area with EVDO? I know you have to dial that certain number for over the air programming or what not after the upgrade and I wasnt sure if you HAD to be in an EVDO area to do this.

Also, if I cant find the time to do this on my own today before I leave tomorrow, will a Verizon Wireless store do the upgrade for me?

Oh and has anyone had any problems after upgrade? I wont lose anything off my Blackberry will I?

THANKS!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #2
tomryan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by essay182
I have the 7250 and while I dont live in an area with EVDO, I still travel a lot and when I go to citys that are EVDO enabled I would like to be able to take advantage of that.

I was wondering if it is possible to do the whole EVDO upgrade while outside an area with EVDO? I know you have to dial that certain number for over the air programming or what not after the upgrade and I wasnt sure if you HAD to be in an EVDO area to do this.

Also, if I cant find the time to do this on my own today before I leave tomorrow, will a Verizon Wireless store do the upgrade for me?

Oh and has anyone had any problems after upgrade? I wont lose anything off my Blackberry will I?

THANKS!
I am sure a search would answer this, but quickly, yes, you don't need to be in an EVDO area.. and yes, you will lose everything, this is a complete OS upgrade. Back up everything first!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomryan
I am sure a search would answer this, but quickly, yes, you don't need to be in an EVDO area.. and yes, you will lose everything, this is a complete OS upgrade. Back up everything first!
Look for the thread because you then have to and call Verizon for them to upgrade your services. Be careful that you do not get the tethering version unless you do not mind paying $15.00 extra per month. You may also have to escalate the matter because they will try to tel lyou that it is only available for business to business customers only and that is not true.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 01-12-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
essay182
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: VZW

so the proper thing to do would be to upgrade the desktop software to the newest version, backup your blackberry, apply the OS upgrade and then restore your blackberry with the saved file?
Old 01-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #5
tomryan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by essay182
so the proper thing to do would be to upgrade the desktop software to the newest version, backup your blackberry, apply the OS upgrade and then restore your blackberry with the saved file?
and make sure verizon adds the feature code to your account. but yes, you got the order right.

besides the evdo, there is a nicer calculator and other changes. I personally am hoping 4.1 comes out soon (our rep says 4q for the 8700 on verizon :( so that I can get the hide sent messages option.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #6
99Vert
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: Cingular

I preformed the upgrade with minor issues, which are resloved.

My 'message services' wasnt configured so I needed to call them and have verizon resend it.

Other than that; im workin!
Closed Thread