Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
sdimowo

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: glo mobile
Default Z10 of disappointments!!!!

Please Login to Remove!

I recently acquired the z10 and found out it was short of basic needs and useful tools which phones, smart phones, boast of these day.
I shall jump right into it;

1. Calling from any application - you simply can't dial a number sent to you from any application like the BBM or from a text message. You can copy the number but can't paste it in the dialing app of the z10. You have to manually copy out the number and dial it.

2. BBM updates - the z10 shows any kind of change or inclusion a contact on your BBM has made but these updates can only be hidden not cleared.

3. Contacts search - You can't search for a contact from the home screen. You must go to the contacts application to do this.

4. BlackBerry Link - I don't know about you, but I have been trying to install the blackberry link on my windows 7 lap top for 3 days! It just doesn't work.

5. What's app - you can't install what's app on your z10.

6. Wifi connectivity - The z10 doesn't connect to wifi signals broadcast using connectify - me.

7. Home screen - when you close or exit an application on the second or third page of the z10, it takes you back to the home screen.

I encourage members to note and post your observations with the hope that Research In Motion or BlackBerry as they are presently called can rectify these disappointing aspects of the z10.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 04-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
fourstringfuror
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Q10
Carrier: VZW
Default Re: Z10 of disappointments!!!!

You registered 5 years ago just to say that?
Old 04-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
stevew

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Wow...someone who doesn't know how to use their phone, again. Not going to bother to teach them here either...

Most of what you complained about it because you don't know how to use your phone, and is 100% wrong...

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 04-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: z10
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdimowo View Post
I recently acquired the z10 and found out it was short of basic needs and useful tools which phones, smart phones, boast of these day.
I shall jump right into it;

1. Calling from any application - you simply can't dial a number sent to you from any application like the BBM or from a text message. You can copy the number but can't paste it in the dialing app of the z10. You have to manually copy out the number and dial it.

2. BBM updates - the z10 shows any kind of change or inclusion a contact on your BBM has made but these updates can only be hidden not cleared.

3. Contacts search - You can't search for a contact from the home screen. You must go to the contacts application to do this.

4. BlackBerry Link - I don't know about you, but I have been trying to install the blackberry link on my windows 7 lap top for 3 days! It just doesn't work.

5. What's app - you can't install what's app on your z10.

6. Wifi connectivity - The z10 doesn't connect to wifi signals broadcast using connectify - me.

7. Home screen - when you close or exit an application on the second or third page of the z10, it takes you back to the home screen.

I encourage members to note and post your observations with the hope that Research In Motion or BlackBerry as they are presently called can rectify these disappointing aspects of the z10.
1. copy and paste should be allowed. hopefully an update will fix it soon
2. not sure about this since i rarely use bbm
3. there is actually a universal search on the home screen. between the phone and camera icons. it will search the whole phone. you can change what the universal search includes in the search by going to settings-search-categories
4. i've successfully installed on 3 computers. no problems.
5. i thought they just came out with it... i don't use it so i'm not sure
6. i don't know what that is but i can connect through wifi just fine
7. it takes you to all your current open apps that. so it's a given that it would take you there. if you want to quickly get back to the 2nd or 3rd page. you don't even have to swipe over. you can just tap on the page numbers at the bottom. you can slide your finger across the numbers and it will take you back and forth from the hub to the last page quickly.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
dthaylor

Carrier: rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Wow...someone who doesn't know how to use their phone, again. Not going to bother to teach them here either...

Most of what you complained about it because you don't know how to use your phone, and is 100% wrong...
well. # 4 5 6 are wrong. the rest is right. Some glaring omissions in this os.

when is the update that lets us get out email thats more then 30 days back?

Last edited by dthaylor; 04-15-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Old 04-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
hrbuckley

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthaylor View Post
well. # 4 5 6 are wrong. the rest is right. Some glaring omissions in this os.

when is the update that lets us get out email thats more then 30 days back?
That will come with 10.1 which will be out some time after the Q10 release for sale.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #7
WalkingToaster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

#3 is sort of wrong as well, because you can search for everything (contacts included) from the home screen after you hit the magnifying "search" icon.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Regarding #1, you can call a phone number from an email simply by touching the number. You can bring up the menu on the right side of the screen by touching and holding the number and there is an option to send a text message. I haven't tried it in BBM or in a text but it should work the same.
Web address work from a BBM message too.

Regarding BBM updates,you can delete them individually by touching and holding. The menu comes up on the right and you can delete. I haven't seen a way to delete multiples at the same time.

Last edited by daphne; 04-15-2013 at 09:34 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #9
CyberDaeng

Model: 9000
Carrier: Telkomsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Regarding #1, you can call a phone number from an email simply by touching the number. You can bring up the menu on the right side of the screen by touching and holding the number and there is an option to send a text message. I haven't tried it in BBM or in a text but it should work the same.
Web address work from a BBM message too.

Regarding BBM updates,you can delete them individually by touching and holding. The menu comes up on the right and you can delete. I haven't seen a way to delete multiples at the same time.
No, there is no way to delete a BBM Updates. The only option is to hide.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
AllHostOne

Carrier: Tmobile

You cant install WhatsApp on your Z10? If thats the case I have no idea how I managed to download mine from BBWorld then
Old 04-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #11
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHostOne View Post
You cant install WhatsApp on your Z10? If thats the case I have no idea how I managed to download mine from BBWorld then
Reading is fundamental.

This post was created before WhatsApp was available for BB10.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #12
AllHostOne

Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Reading is fundamental.

This post was created before WhatsApp was available for BB10.
Investigation is fundamental

This thread was created on 12/4/13. WhatsApp for BB10 was released on 10/4/13. This thread was created 2 days after WhatsApp was avaliable on BB10
Old 04-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #13
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Well, I stand corrected.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #14
zcoll

Carrier: T-Mobile

Camera very disappointing! Flash photography awful & useless...don't rely on it. camera is just at the bottom of all smart phones out there.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
BeanZorro

Model: 9000
Carrier: A

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoll View Post
Camera very disappointing! Flash photography awful & useless...don't rely on it. camera is just at the bottom of all smart phones out there.
Yes the camera is awful, luckly i don't use camera ussualy so it's fine

Overall i think Z10 is good based on price

8700 > 9000 > Z10
Old 07-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #16
esckay

Carrier: optus

a couple if things and maybe its just me not being able to use my phone but would like to know how.
when it reboots (only witnessed this once) it drops the status of the rotation lock I would like it to remember the status as when it rotates it seems to be difficult to get to go back so I can lock it again. also would ne logical to me at least that if I do a swirl on the screen this would force a rotation.
also I have noticed that if I fully charge the phone the screen stays blank and the touch no longer works I have to remove the battery to get the screen back. I know the phone is working because I hear it receiving txt and phone calls but I cant answer them
Old 07-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #17
ZombieBerry

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND

Yes, when you reboot your device, you will lose Rotation Lock.

When your device is fully charged, you can either swipe from the bottom of the screen to the top, or press the top power button. [You can also go into your settings, Display, make sure Allow Gestures when locked is set to ON, and Allow power button to unlock device is also set to ON]
Old 07-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #18
Iron Clad

Carrier: Verizon

Let me preface this by saying that I am now back to BB from iPhone but I can't figure out how to create unique tones settings. In the past I could create my own individual settings. For example, a setting for work, home, meetings, etc. It seems like there are only the default settings now. I may be missing something though. A mint.com app would be nice too.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #19
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Profiles were pretty much gutted. Unfortunate.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #20
Fisherguy

Model: 9780
Carrier: TELUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clad View Post
Let me preface this by saying that I am now back to BB from iPhone but I can't figure out how to create unique tones settings. In the past I could create my own individual settings. For example, a setting for work, home, meetings, etc. It seems like there are only the default settings now. I may be missing something though. A mint.com app would be nice too.
With my old Bold, I had it setup so I had 3 profiles for sounds, notifications, incoming calls etc, I had 3 levels of volume, low, med and loud, is this what you're talking about? I miss that, it was so simple to change, but I've only had the Z10 a day so maybe I'm missing something?

Also, the factory ring tones are very limited, anyone recommend a site to download more, preferably free?

Last thing maybe someone can help me with, it's not finding my WIFI connection in my house, even when it's a foot away from my Actiontec router, any advice? It says I need to be on WIFI to do an upgrade so I'd like to figure this one out.

Battery doesn't seem to last long too, didn't hardly use it at work today and it was almost dead by the time I got home from work.

Bit of a learning curve with this one, thanks in advance.

Last edited by Fisherguy; 07-03-2013 at 10:25 PM..
Closed Thread