BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 11:59 PM   #81
JamesR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7280

Please Login to Remove!

They must still be having some serious problems. I can't even log into the BIS setup anymore, it just kicks me out to t-mobile's webpage whenever I click 'Set Up Blackberry Email'. Damn and I just spent an hour transfering all my e-mail to Yahoo and want to test it out!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:18 AM   #82
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Patience honorable grasshopper. I believe joy will commeth in the morning...
Old 10-03-2005, 12:23 AM   #83
revel8tor

Default GMAIL - Reconcile Ability

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiddy
I currently have my gmail fowarded to my [email address] address. I am trying to figure out if its possible to have my blackberry set up so that when I delete a message from the blackberry handheld inbox it will also delete it from the gmail inbox. Since the new upgrade allows you an option to delete "on mailbox & handheld" does that mean that it will delete it in the inbox? Or does the fact that I foward the gmail to the tmo email account affect this?

Any help is appreciated.
--
So far, I've been able to set up multiple types of accounts with the upgrade, but after an hour, the gmail account I setup won't send or receive from my device. I don't know who has been able to get gmail to work successfully, but I've had more errors with gmail, than any other type of account I've set up. It may have something to do with the "SSL" servers synchronizing right, I'm just not sure. Gmail requires SSL on their help menu. You'll probably have a lot better luck setting up an IMAP account with another provider and forwarding your gmail to that address, than getting gmail to synchronize with the BIS account. IMAP seems to be the best choice for this new upgrade for those of us who aren't using BES or Yahoo as their primary emails. POP mail in general, not just gmail, won't synchronize well, because of the very limitations of POP mail. POP only works well when it's forwarded and BCC'd back. By it's very design it can only be in one place at a time, or copied. IMAP is like remote control, and can be administered by any email client properly configured. This is why even the blackberry can now reconcile more than just the Inbox with an IMAP account. I've already tested several, and the reconciliation of IMAP email works on at least one account per device for: Inbox, Sent Items and Trash.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:49 AM   #84
Concept
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T Mobile

well its almost 11pm in arizona and the upgrade is still not working right. I get some emails instantly, and some others hours later. I think the worst was an email I got from my gmail account about 6 hours late. The service has been off and on all day pretty much. I sent a test message from hotmail to both yahoo and gmail and I got the yahoo one first, damn near instantly. So I gotta confirm that yahoo is now push email. I have my gmail set to foward so it should be push too but its so random that one time it will be push and the next it will be just the pop3 stuff. I gotta play around some more to figure it out but I think yahoo is now the better internet email service for the BB.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:58 AM   #85
Abbey

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
I didn't know if we needed a new tread or should we keep all the upgrade questions together...

Anyone figure out how to make a message level 1?
How about the filters, I had a complex set of filters due to my work pager. How can I check those filters?
Filters must be re-created.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:34 AM   #86
JamesR

I'm using Yahoo and it's working like a dream (mostly). Instant push from my yahoo account to BlackBerry. Anything I send from the bb using the yahoo address ends up in the yahoo Sent folder. The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the Delete on Mail Account and Handheld option. I'd really like to be able to delete spam from both handheld and account at the same time, then things would truly be synched up. Hopefully t-mobile will get this working soon.

Another great thing I discovered with yahoo mail. Can sync the bb up with yahoo's calendar and address book using yahoo intellisync. Going to go play with that now. It's like having a hosted outlook account for free!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:53 AM   #87
gprsman

Model: 7100t

i seem to be up and running now without any problems
Old 10-03-2005, 01:22 PM   #88
kevin.muller
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: tmo

does anyone know how to configure an email account when your domain's mail is going through everyone.net? Is there a way, or will I have to continue forwarding the emails to my @tmo.bb.net address? Thanks.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:55 PM   #89
vinniet

I did not seem to have a problem but I do not use my BB that much over the weekend. I have a few questions.

How do you setup reply-to address for you added email accounts? I do not see that option in the BB or in the new setup screens.

Is there something special to setup push Yahoo. How do you set it up?

Am I missing something? Should I push my service books?

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:17 PM   #90
mouwj

Model: 7320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey
Filters must be re-created.
I can't find where to do this. I don't see filters as an option on my t-moblie.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:21 PM   #91
mouwj

Model: 7320

I'm also having fairly major problems with my IMAP connection. Messages came through for awhile after I resent my service books, now they've stopped again.

I'm also concerned about the changes to deletion from the server - I'm so used to the messages I've deleted from the BB NOT being deleted from my host server that I'm afraid that I'll delete stuff by mistake. My habit was to scan messages, deal with what I needed to, and to then go to the top to delete all the prior messages.

What I find apalling is the general lack of documentation on these changes on the part of t-mobile. They seem generally unprepared.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:50 PM   #92
jubrand

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubrand
More annoying is the fact that when I reply to an email from my comcast account, I get a copy of my own email in my inbox! I'm not hitting reply to all, and I'm not cc'ing myself. Is there a setting I'm missing? It's doing the same thing with my newly added Yahoo account.

I finally found the problem. The new account settings apparently defaulted to auto-BCC'ing my comcast account. That never happened before.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:06 PM   #93
jwasnick

Model: 8700
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouwj
I'm also having fairly major problems with my IMAP connection. Messages came through for awhile after I resent my service books, now they've stopped again.

I'm also concerned about the changes to deletion from the server - I'm so used to the messages I've deleted from the BB NOT being deleted from my host server that I'm afraid that I'll delete stuff by mistake. My habit was to scan messages, deal with what I needed to, and to then go to the top to delete all the prior messages.

What I find apalling is the general lack of documentation on these changes on the part of t-mobile. They seem generally unprepared.
I think T-Mo are working on the problem. I received a test message at 11:47am CDT That is the first email received since 11pm CDT last evening. So maybe email will be coming soon.

Last edited by jwasnick; 10-03-2005 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: change
Old 10-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #94
code7700
Thumbs Must Hurt

While delivery was very slow yesterday, it seems to be “OK” today. And when I say “OK”, I mean slow. I can understand limiting POP to once per 15-minute period (since POP handles messages a lot less efficiently than IMAP) but it seems they don’t have IMAP set up right.

In theory I should get IMAP messages right away, but I still have to wait, just like POP users. This shouldn’t be the case. But you guys knew that. Worst of all, there seems to be no pattern (sometimes it is 3-minutes, sometimes 20-minutes)… and it doesn’t seem all the functions are setup correct (based on what I’ve read about how it should work).

I had a look at the manual (not a whole lot of technical data in it) via:

A PDF can be found at:

In summary, some of it works but some of it does not. For example it says IMAP will write to the server’s sent box, but this does not work – and I have to use BCC like with BWC:
Q: If I send a message from my BlackBerry device, is a copy of the message placed in the Sent Items folder of my desktop email program?

A: For corporate (Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino) and IMAP mailbox types, if you send a message from your BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device, the message is copied to the Sent folder in your third-party desktop email program.
On the flip side, it will transfer from inbox to deleted (a nice feature) as per this note:
Q: If I delete a message from my BlackBerry device, is it deleted from my desktop email program?

A: Yes. Messages that are deleted from your BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device are also deleted from the third-party email account if wireless deletions are supported by the desktop email program. For corporate (Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino) and IMAP mailbox types, a message that is deleted from the BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device is copied to the Deleted Items folder in the desktop email program.
The ability for it to sync up with my IMAP server for read/unread status (as well as the previously mentioned delete and move to deleted folder) functionality is nice, but they can do better. For now it says:
Q: Can I access messages on my BlackBerry device from folders that I have set up in my Inbox?

A: No. You can only access your Inbox. If you have set up rules or filters in your third-party email account to move your incoming messages to subfolders, these messages are not accessible from your BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device.

Last edited by code7700; 10-03-2005 at 05:34 PM..
Old 10-03-2005, 05:49 PM   #95
JamesR

Quote:
Originally Posted by code7700
The ability for it to sync up with my IMAP server for read/unread status (as well as the previously mentioned delete and move to deleted folder) functionality is nice, but they can do better. For now it says:
Q: Can I access messages on my BlackBerry device from folders that I have set up in my Inbox?

A: No. You can only access your Inbox. If you have set up rules or filters in your third-party email account to move your incoming messages to subfolders, these messages are not accessible from your BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device.
I just ran into this problem today. This makes the whole integration useless for me, because I organize most of my e-mail into folders. Seems like I'll have to stick with forwarding.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:26 PM   #96
vinniet

Ok this is sad. I was playing with Email Reconciliation under options in email. I changed the message services. When I did the BB rebooted. After that I no longer get any email.

I am currently on hold with TMO. I thought I would shoot a message to see if anyone else had this problem. They might fix it before TMO.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:29 PM   #97
coallaw

Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmobile

exact same results occuring to me now (2:30 pm Eastern Time).
Old 10-03-2005, 06:49 PM   #98
vinniet

I went from regular support to level 1 and going to level 2 ... so far they said that the pop pull has a problem. I had to tell her several times that I am not doing pop pull, I am sending to [email address].

Strange thing I can send to that address from my BB and I get the email. Its when someone from the outside sends to that address I do not get it.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #99
vinniet

Quote:
Originally Posted by coallaw
exact same results occuring to me now (2:30 pm Eastern Time).
Curious did you mess with email setting or did you reboot your BB and then you stopped getting email?? Can you send a email to [email address] from your bb?
Old 10-03-2005, 07:08 PM   #100
vinniet

Ok got off the phone with TMO level 2 support and they say that there is a problem getting email fromt he outside to the BB. They said that my messing with the email setting had nothing to do with it. When it clears up I should get my email no problem.

If I had a dollar for every time they said that and I had to call in anyway ......
Closed Thread