Old 03-31-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
Hardwaregeek
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Synching issue Outlook to Device/BES Server

Please Login to Remove!

I have several clients on a hosted exchange server running BES. I also have an account with the same hosting service and we are all using BB 8820's with AT&T. The problem is that when something is moved/deleted on the desktop Outlook client it is not being propagated to the device. The same emails moved on the desktop remain on the device. Now this happens most of the time but occassionally it does propagate to the device as I have tested it on my device and my clients device. Can anyone running Exchange/BES give me some advice here??? At this point I am looking at opening a support escalation with AT&T which requires me to conference in my Hosted Exchange people into the call which is a royal PIA, I would rather just find out it is a known issue and ideally there is a fix for this but maybe that is pie in the sky thinking? Or maybe I just don't completely under stand the interactions between BES and the device. I always thought that the syncing with BES was a true 2-way deal but maybe I am mistaken. Please help my biggest client is driving me nuts with this problem and I need to get it straightened out asap. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

Are you moving the mail in Outlook via something like File/Move to Folder, or are you drag & dropping? I may be mistaken, but drag & drop will leave the mail where it is, whereas the File/Move will move it in both places.

HTH
Old 04-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
bencav

Model: 8700
Carrier: Bell/Rogers/

I am having a similiar issue. BES 4.1.4.16 Exchange 2003 sp2. Outlook 2007 sp1. Rogers Berry - 4.2.1.101. After deleting the user's BES account, wiping the device, then recreating and re-activating, then folder moves (via drag and drop in Outlook) synch OK to the Berry- although much slower then a new message arrival. But then within a day, the folder moves and even deletes performed on Outlook stop synching to the Berry. I have a ticket open with RIM, but so far they have not been able to help.
Closed Thread