GMCloud27
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: 21997C19
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager9355 View Post
Add me to the list...105 users, Verizon, T-Mo, Cingular & Sprint....I guess I can't complain TOO much. This is only the 2nd RIM outage I've seen in the 2 1/2 yrs we've been using BB.
I wanted to ask about this, I have only been a BB user now for almost a week (coming from Exchange Hosting) and I'm already receiving my first outage and am a bit concerned on the reliability of RIM's BES/BIS services.

Is this just bad timing and I shouldn't fret or has these outages been semi-frequent (~1/mo.)?

As for an FYI:

BIS e-mail is down, web is working. Went down about 9:10PM CDT
Chicago, IL
Old 04-17-2007, 11:32 PM   #82
a1054z

Model: 7250
Carrier: Cingular
Default up to date info

They are looking at rolling back a couple of changes that were made over the weekend even though they were running clean for a couple of days. 30 mins to do this rollback.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:32 PM   #83
jhladun

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers
Default Tried rerouting to srp.eu.blackberry.net

It didn't work. It was a long shot anyway.
It's possible I didn't wait long enough, but it looks like parts of NA are starting to come online.

JH.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:33 PM   #84
beep

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Lightbulb Down info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishdemon View Post
Oh C'mon - Im with you NJ - how many ppl can keep saying the same exact thing?

We'd think that we are all educated individuals (as having a bb and reading this forum gives a slight impression of) and that after reading that phrase "nationwide outage" "no ETA" etc. we'd realize how pointless it is to state "I have no email in bumf**k, idaho?" after the previous inordinate number of individuals have already said the same thing?

NOT FLAMING ANYONE here - just agreeing with NJ in the sense that after maybe the first 10 or so posts, and definitely after the post that explains its a nationwide outage, stating that you arent getting emails is pointless, albeit a useful tool to vent anger/frustration (I do the whole shoot a pillow with a 9mm like Robert Deniro did in Analyze That)....

What would have been better is to post once you HAVE RECEIVED emails, that way others can check their bb's and see if the issue has been resolved.

And as for the horrific incident at VA-Tech, there are no words to express how horrible of an incident that was. I think all I could say is that my prayers, as I am sure a ton of other forum members, are with the family, friends, and others of those taken on Monday....my apologies if this hijacks this thread - lets not do that since this thread is concerned with the outage.
For what if may be worth to this forum I can inform you when my users are up. I run a small bes server with 57 users so I will see when the servers pending queue drops. Plus I'm trying my browser often to see if mds gets going again soon.

Brian

I'm now getting BB PIN's from 8:12PM PST!!!!! Yeah

Pending messages are still building on my BES. 11:06PM PST

Last edited by beep; 04-18-2007 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: PIN
Old 04-17-2007, 11:42 PM   #85
tomdkat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

thats great, right as I am installing the new Rogers os on my 8800 they have an outage. I just wiped my BB and started over again because I didnt put the two together
Old 04-17-2007, 11:43 PM   #86
JasonBBPeel

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Verizon
Default sporadic emails NJ Verizon

very, very sporadic. maybe they are getting things going. Any idea if there will be an "official" release from RIM?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:45 PM   #87
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCloud27 View Post
I wanted to ask about this, I have only been a BB user now for almost a week (coming from Exchange Hosting) and I'm already receiving my first outage and am a bit concerned on the reliability of RIM's BES/BIS services.

Is this just bad timing and I shouldn't fret or has these outages been semi-frequent (~1/mo.)?
Bad timing. I can recall about 4 nationwide outages in the last 2-3 years. It's a very reliable service, but when you're without, it hurts a lot. This outage happened fairly late in the night for Eastern NA, although it could have had a nice little post-workday impact on Western NA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCloud27 View Post
Chicago, IL
That may be one of the problems. No matter which technology industry I've been involved with, it seems that Chicago ALWAYS has more problems than anyone else. I'm not really sure what's going on in the Windy City, but architecture upgrades and infrastructure overloads tend to be commonplace with technology services (ranging from DSL back in 2000 to constant infrastructure upgrades to wireless networks in 2007).
Old 04-17-2007, 11:46 PM   #88
agep

Model: 8350
Default Might be a silly question

But how do you sign up for the RIM notifications?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:47 PM   #89
Indy_IT_Admin

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Stinkular

It woudl be nice if they just came out with something on their site that said "There's a problem and they're working on it." Though that has likely been trade marked at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBBPeel View Post
very, very sporadic. maybe they are getting things going. Any idea if there will be an "official" release from RIM?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:48 PM   #90
cwosigns

Model: 9300

12:44 AM Eastern Time and my Verizon 8703e is showing a connection. Haven't tried sending any emails. Logged into BIS and sent my service books, but haven't received them yet.
Columbus, Ohio
Old 04-17-2007, 11:50 PM   #91
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBBPeel View Post
They've been releasing 'official' updates to those who receive outage notifications. Aside from that, the only official release will likely be found on tomorrow's news websites.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:52 PM   #92
Indy_IT_Admin

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Stinkular

hmm. Wonder what i need to do to get on that list. I am alread a T-support subscriber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
They've been releasing 'official' updates to those who receive outage notifications. Aside from that, the only official release will likely be found on tomorrow's news websites.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #93
GMCloud27

Model: 9000
PIN: 21997C19
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Quote:
Bad timing. I can recall about 4 nationwide outages in the last 2-3 years. It's a very reliable service, but when you're without, it hurts a lot. This outage happened fairly late in the night for Eastern NA, although it could have had a nice little post-workday impact on Western NA.

That may be one of the problems. No matter which technology industry I've been involved with, it seems that Chicago ALWAYS has more problems than anyone else. I'm not really sure what's going on in the Windy City, but architecture upgrades and infrastructure overloads tend to be commonplace with technology services (ranging from DSL back in 2000 to constant infrastructure upgrades to wireless networks in 2007).

Thank you Jibi for the response back and I appreciate it. Really gotta love the Windy City for tech problems and I agree 100% on a lot of fields here (although this was a new one for me). The funny part was was that I changed from a PPC (Cingular HTC 8525) to a BlackBerry (first one) JUST because of reliability with the few-too-many exchange services I kept trying. The last one before switching had an outage so you could only imagine my eyes lighting up when I learned of this one tonight!

Cheers,
GMCloud
Old 04-17-2007, 11:55 PM   #94
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Default wnbc.com info

NewsChannel4 Exclusive: Massive System Failure Affecting Blackberry Users - News Story - WNBC | New York

NewsChannel4 Exclusive: Massive System Failure Affecting Blackberry Users - News Story - WNBC | New York
Support: 516-484-0077
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com
Old 04-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #95
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by agep View Post
But how do you sign up for the RIM notifications?
If you're an individual, you don't. If you're a company and subscribe to Tx4 or above TSupport plans, then you'll be able to subscribe to these notifications. In the event of a possible outage, this website is the best place to look.

More info on TSupport:
BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
Old 04-18-2007, 12:01 AM   #96
justanothertier2tech

Model: 6510
Carrier: nextel

you guys---nj and wishdemon are thinking way too hard re the multiple posts about outages....

blackberries are a foundation....they are like a good old car or a pack of smokes in your pocket. they do what they do well and give you satisfaction (especially when they are trouble free)......

so then the bb dont work no more. it's not a normal thing. and when none are working it's a big deal. our call volume dbled during the period from 9-10. almost half of them were admins or higher ups who just wanted confirmation that they werent to blame for the issue. some were people who had the outage info pasted in front of their own face, but wanted me to confirm it for them. they just wanted to talk. it was like the power outage in ny in the 70's. you work day in and day out and you can always count on a+b=c....

then one day a+b=G and people take a while to get adjusted to the fact that their ptn is just an expensive belt ornament. talking about issues makes it better for some.

*****in about non-existent 'multiple posting' issues must make others feel better too.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:01 AM   #97
mdonders

Model: 8700g
PIN: 23DD311D
Carrier: T-Mobile

NYC Report

Just started getting my mail now!

Click here for Free Money! - Yea its free.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #98
Supanatral

Model: iPhon

My entire companies email is down. Wonder if someone is getting fired at RIM for this one.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:07 AM   #99
aviationwiz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
How would one go about getting on that list?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:10 AM   #100
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviationwiz View Post
How would one go about getting on that list?
Scroll up 4 posts.