BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 12:47 AM   #1
circawdm

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Question Extended Battery and Back Door for 8300 Curve Available?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I am new to the forum here...just got myself an 8300 Curve for my birthday today. Have had Razr V3xx and many other phones and some PDA's. So this is a combination and quite abit of getting used to, but I love it so far.

Question: I have seen extended batteries for example 2400mAh for one model (8703e), and am wondering if anyone knows of any reputable dealers who sell extended batteries for the 8300 Curve? I will buy a backup and keep them both charged if I have to, but would prefer just one main larger battery, even if I have also a standard size OEM battery also.

In advance, thanks for any help, and it's great to see a support group sharing like this for a product that is expensive and can have its problems and idiosyncrasy's like any gadget these days!

Have a good weekend all,

circawdm
Old 07-28-2007, 08:12 AM   #2
sdetweil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by circawdm View Post
Hi,

I am new to the forum here...just got myself an 8300 Curve for my birthday today. Have had Razr V3xx and many other phones and some PDA's. So this is a combination and quite abit of getting used to, but I love it so far.

Question: I have seen extended batteries for example 2400mAh for one model (8703e), and am wondering if anyone knows of any reputable dealers who sell extended batteries for the 8300 Curve? I will buy a backup and keep them both charged if I have to, but would prefer just one main larger battery, even if I have also a standard size OEM battery also.

In advance, thanks for any help, and it's great to see a support group sharing like this for a product that is expensive and can have its problems and idiosyncrasy's like any gadget these days!

Have a good weekend all,

circawdm
the battery and cover are being worked on by vendors who post here in the BF sections.. I haven't seen any report availability yet. a search should find them

Sam
Old 07-28-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Check with Seidioonline.com
Old 07-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #4
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Check with Seidioonline.com
The extended battery and matching battery door is not available from Seidio at this time...but a reliable litte birdie tells me that it will be in a few weeks.

They are busy working on it...
Old 07-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
circawdm

I did check out their web site first. I did not know they were the only ones making BlackBerry accessories. This is my first BB. Sorry if I offended anyone or broke any rules. It seemed like a legitimate question to me.

circawdm
Old 07-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Nope, you're fine. Seidio is the only company (that I know of) that is putting out extended batteries when RIM isn't.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:20 PM   #7
circawdm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
the battery and cover are being worked on by vendors who post here in the BF sections.. I haven't seen any report availability yet. a search should find them

Sam

Hi Sam,

I searched for 30 minutes all over the net for them first. I also have used computers long enough to know that just because Google or Yahoo doesn't find something (especially something specialized) does not mean it is not available somewhere.

Thanks for the reply.

circawdm
Old 07-29-2007, 07:25 AM   #8
sdetweil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by circawdm View Post
Hi Sam,

I searched for 30 minutes all over the net for them first. I also have used computers long enough to know that just because Google or Yahoo doesn't find something (especially something specialized) does not mean it is not available somewhere.

Thanks for the reply.

circawdm
sorry, my sentences were mixed.. the search was for the forum posts of the company(s) reported to be making the battery and door.. which appears not yet available

Sam
Old 07-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #9
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Seidio battery thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ry-8300-a.html
Closed Thread