Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 05:35 AM   #1
mattslight

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Smile Reconcile Calendar Invites in Entourage over BES

Please Login to Remove!

I am using Entourage 2008 version 13 for Mac OS X (10.6) and BES server 4.1. When I accept a calendar invite in Entourage, it disappears from my inbox and gets deleted. However my Blackberry Bold refuses to reconcile this and it remains unread on my Blackberry and unaccented. The calendar appointment appears successfully in the Calendar - both in Entourage and on the Bold. However I have to manually delete the invite in the Inbox of the Bold. This is very annoying on days when I am in the office and receive lots of invites as according to my Blackberry handset I have lots of unread messages (all of the invites).

Accepting an invite on the Blackberry results in the following error:

Message Status: Unlisted message error

Any help/workaround that does not involve me using another email client would be much appreciated. The issue does not occur when using Outlook 2007/2003 or OWA to accept the calendar invite. I can only assume that Entourage is deleting the calendar invite in a different way, not recognized by BES.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:00 AM   #2
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattslight View Post
The issue does not occur when using Outlook 2007/2003 or OWA to accept the calendar invite. I can only assume that Entourage is deleting the calendar invite in a different way, not recognized by BES.
This is because the Outlook client connects to MS Exchange using native protocol. OWA is native to MS Exchange. Entourage connects to Exchange using MAPI.

MAC OS 10.6 is suppose to have bult-in support for MS Exchange 2007. I have not tested this but I would guess you have to use the bult-in mail client.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 AM   #3
mattslight

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Thank you. I will try Mail.app and see if that's better than using Entourage since I have been getting frequent crashes with that. I will post results at a later date. I suspect that I will be stubborn anyway and complain that Mail.app isn't as good as Entourage, but we shall see!
Closed Thread