Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 02:52 PM   #21
JDWallace
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

ISKY,
I couldn't agree more with your statement of Nextel being for business mainly. I use it for personal, but I KNEW Nextel was more business when I went to them 5-6 years ago. I do like the DC and other features, and I know I could get better rates with other companies out there, but Nextel has treated me awesome and I will stay a loyal customer! I see your wife has Sprint, that is who I had before going to Nextel, so I know all about their crappy CS! But the sad thing is, Sprint and Nextel might be merging this October, or at least that was what I got fromthe notice sent to me. I was REALLY worried at first, because I don't like Sprint. But I am hopeful that they will share towers and area to make Nextel better. To me it's still sad that Nextel is possibly merging, BUT to keep growing I am sure it's for the best!

www.breachbangclear.com
Old 05-06-2005, 03:04 PM   #22
jacobsaa
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: The New AT&T

Sprint + Nextel = Oh No

hahaha jk.

I will back you up there JD. Sprint did have terrible CS. A 45 minute wait was not uncommon for someone to pick up the phone. It was a nightmare.

Back to SMS, Sprint had something called "shortmail" which required recipients to log onto the mobile web to get their text messages. Nextels is the same way (if I am not mistaken or things havent changed) I like SMS messages that just arrive with no logon required.

Politicin' 24/7
Old 05-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #23
JDWallace
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

The way I send them is through my contacts and choose email SO-IN-SO...and send what I want through an email to their carriers email server....it's not that tough to do. I have no clue how the SMS works on other carriers, I guess it's like PIN.

www.breachbangclear.com
Old 05-30-2006, 03:24 AM   #24
diabloman87

Model: 7520

well I just got off the phone with Nextel and they said that if you have the current version of the Blackberry OS then to send an SMS you compose it as and MMS and it will send it as a text. >_< in my opinion thats way to many steps but at least we don't have to remember the different carrers email addys any more
Old 06-13-2006, 12:58 PM   #25
Cordales

Exclamation Hate to ruin everyone's day but would like some help...

Ok here's something to ponder. After talking to someone at Nextel today my coworker was informed that MMS messaging would work the same as SMS messaging. He tried and got a Red X, so they walked him through deleting all the Service Books and then reloading them by going to the HRT Editor and hitting Register Now 3 times. Opening the messages and reading them. He then sent an MMS message to my Verizon Razor and it came through just fine JUST like a SMS message. On my Razor I hit reply and the reply went to him JUST like a SMS message except the header information was there. SO we hung up with Nextel. Now we're IS people and are usually smart enough to get the name of the person we had talked to but in this instance we didn't. So I picked up my 7520 (we all use Nextel 7520s) and tried to MMS message his Razor and got a Red X.

Now today we have 12 7520 Blackberry's sitting on our desks that we're upgrading from 4.0.0.249 to 4.1.0.273 for our sales force and for fun we've been trying the MMS fix on them. None so far have worked but we've only gotten 5 of the 12 done.

Anyone else have any luck with this? Is there a certain Service book that is needed or that needs to be re-installed?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #26
TheShark
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordales
Ok here's something to ponder. After talking to someone at Nextel today my coworker was informed that MMS messaging would work the same as SMS messaging. He tried and got a Red X, so they walked him through deleting all the Service Books and then reloading them by going to the HRT Editor and hitting Register Now 3 times. Opening the messages and reading them. He then sent an MMS message to my Verizon Razor and it came through just fine JUST like a SMS message. On my Razor I hit reply and the reply went to him JUST like a SMS message except the header information was there. SO we hung up with Nextel. Now we're IS people and are usually smart enough to get the name of the person we had talked to but in this instance we didn't. So I picked up my 7520 (we all use Nextel 7520s) and tried to MMS message his Razor and got a Red X.

Now today we have 12 7520 Blackberry's sitting on our desks that we're upgrading from 4.0.0.249 to 4.1.0.273 for our sales force and for fun we've been trying the MMS fix on them. None so far have worked but we've only gotten 5 of the 12 done.

Anyone else have any luck with this? Is there a certain Service book that is needed or that needs to be re-installed?

I had this exact problem when I first upgraded to 4.1. Call in to customer care for each of your 7520's and make sure they don't have pay-as-you-go messaging restricted. The exact SOC (feature) code is MMSRSTRCT. Many phone numbers commonly have this restriction in place to prevent text/MMS overage (without a plan MMS are .25 each). If you installed 4.1 correctly, and don't have the above restriction on your Nextel account, the MMS messaging should work fine.

I'm sure there could be other issues with your BB's preventing MMS, but this is definately the first thing I would check. Good luck.

Last edited by TheShark; 06-13-2006 at 01:30 PM..
Old 06-13-2006, 03:20 PM   #27
Alimah
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
PIN: 30156F9E

That was exactly the problem I had with the MMS. They had "Block pay as you go messaging" noted on my account and it was preventing me from using MMS. After they took it off, everything worked well. Still though, with my Nextel plan, I can only send/receive 100 MMS and although I could exercise control over how many I SEND, I have no control over how many I RECEIVE so I had them put the block back in place. I e-mail quite a bit and once you send SMS, folks start sending them back as SMS (MMS in thiis instance). If you get a large hit overnight (not unusual for me), you could easily awaken with a huge bill at $.25 a pop.

PIN # 30156F9E
Old 06-13-2006, 03:32 PM   #28
TheShark
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimah
That was exactly the problem I had with the MMS. They had "Block pay as you go messaging" noted on my account and it was preventing me from using MMS. After they took it off, everything worked well. Still though, with my Nextel plan, I can only send/receive 100 MMS and although I could exercise control over how many I SEND, I have no control over how many I RECEIVE so I had them put the block back in place. I e-mail quite a bit and once you send SMS, folks start sending them back as SMS (MMS in thiis instance). If you get a large hit overnight (not unusual for me), you could easily awaken with a huge bill at $.25 a pop.
Fortunately I don't have to worry about it, my employee plan has unlimited messaging of all types. I doubt it will be too much longer though until we have an unlimited MMS buy-up for $10-15. Keep an eye out.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #29
Cordales

Talking Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShark
I had this exact problem when I first upgraded to 4.1. Call in to customer care for each of your 7520's and make sure they don't have pay-as-you-go messaging restricted. The exact SOC (feature) code is MMSRSTRCT. Many phone numbers commonly have this restriction in place to prevent text/MMS overage (without a plan MMS are .25 each). If you installed 4.1 correctly, and don't have the above restriction on your Nextel account, the MMS messaging should work fine.

I'm sure there could be other issues with your BB's preventing MMS, but this is definately the first thing I would check. Good luck.
Having them remove the block worked, thank you very much.
Closed Thread