Old 12-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
duplicate2

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default "Call Failed" and other issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

I've been having trouble with my current 8900 on Rogers lately.

This is actually a refurb unit that they sent me as a replacement for my original handset.

Basically, I have trouble receiving/placing calls sometimes on UMA using routers that I had no trouble with in the past on my previous unit. It will frequently say "Call Failed" when I try to place a call and go straight to voicemail when people call me, although it does work sometimes. This is only on UMA that I've noticed.

Also, I find that my phone drops the EDGE connection to GPRS intermittantly for no obvious reason and I never noticed this before I got this unit either.

I'm running 4.6.1.462. Is this something that could be OS related or should I tell Rogers this refurb is giving me problems?
Thanks
Old 12-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
anthonyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by duplicate2 View Post
Hi

I've been having trouble with my current 8900 on Rogers lately.

This is actually a refurb unit that they sent me as a replacement for my original handset.

Basically, I have trouble receiving/placing calls sometimes on UMA using routers that I had no trouble with in the past on my previous unit. It will frequently say "Call Failed" when I try to place a call and go straight to voicemail when people call me, although it does work sometimes. This is only on UMA that I've noticed.

Also, I find that my phone drops the EDGE connection to GPRS intermittantly for no obvious reason and I never noticed this before I got this unit either.

I'm running 4.6.1.462. Is this something that could be OS related or should I tell Rogers this refurb is giving me problems?
Thanks
i was having the same issues with os .250
but im now running the same os as you, and it works normal again. dont know if this helps or not.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
duplicate2

It's helpful to know that someone else has experienced this, although it seems odd you had it on a totally different OS, one that I ran with no problems that I recall.

Anyone else experience similar issues? Thoughts on whether it's hardware or software related?
Old 12-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
duplicate2

Well, I tried downgrading to .456 and that seemed to have no effect. I've now downgraded to .378 (the latest Rogers "approved" package) and that seems to have improved the UMA situation at least a little. It's not totally reliable but I am able to place calls and receive calls at least some of the time now.

I'll keep investigating.

Edit: I should clarify, I was running package 4.6.1.462 (app 4.6.1.315 platform 4.2.0.108), tried package .456 (app 4.6.1.310 platform 4.2.0.127), now on package 4.6.1.378 (app 4.6.1.250 platform 4.2.0.113)

Last edited by duplicate2; 12-18-2009 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 12-28-2009, 01:51 AM   #5
radarjray

Carrier: T-mobile

My gilr firends phone was doing this quite often so we call t-mobile for help or to return phone they suggested that we check the sim card they report that there is a problem with some phones having poor connections and this is cause problebs of dropping calls or not connecting.

I pulled her sim and cleaned conctacts with an eraser then added a peice of masking tape to the back to apply a little more pressure when isurted, the phone has working fine for the last 2 months since this was done.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
blackberry222

Model: 9700
Carrier: orange

you should just call the company up and tell them about your problem. I'm sure they'll do something about it
Closed Thread